Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Advert:

27 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

When you factor in that we were missing 6 genuine first team standard performers in Conlon, Gibbo, Pett, Garrity, Jones, Hussey it’s another big win. Plus Taylor only just back after 5 months out.

Getting a couple of those back fit would be massive for the run in.

I was thinking the same. Can you imagine the quality of the side 14 months ago which missed Conlon and Gibbo?

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Anybody else notice that RS Carl has suddenly stopped appearing by phone on P&G since we've got back in the top 7? Simply sending snidey texts in now. He's clearly not a happy Vale fan

Did he text in today? The other week he said the play offs were out of reach as we had too much to do. Ridiculous. 

• Haha 1

You mean not a happy Sjoke  fan don’t you
Nah he's not a Stoke fan. He could moan his bag off about them if he wanted to. I just think that he's one of those weird fans who, if things don't go as badly as he predicted, he desperately tries to cling on to it for as long as he can, and he's in his element if we have a poor season. It's his other half I feel for. Imagine being married to him
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I had some ironing to do so second half had to resort to RS. Bowers thinks our keeper is called Nathan Stone and Yates thinks we were playing Bradford today. Got the ironing finished with ten minutes to go and got back to OVF, where the majority of the time ppl know what they’re talking about. No enthusiasm in the commentary from Yates/Bowers so their performance is 2/10. You’d have thought they were sitting on one of the benches, by the lake in Burslem park

Some ironing? Twenty minutes worth?

I'll bring mine round to yours on Tuesday to keep you occupied for longer. 

Should win easy..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Advert:

Did he text in today? The other week he said the play offs were out of reach as we had too much to do. Ridiculous. 
He did. Along the lines of a poor win against a poor side.

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Carl is also known as Jimmy the Sjoke van.

Let him keep texting...as long as no one speaks to him.

• Like 1

Just now, philmpv said:
2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

So FGR had an excellent win against Scunny then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Can someone explain what a poor win is? 

A 9-0 win gets the same points as a 2-1 win.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The table is ridiculous tight. It’s mad to think that if Salford beat us Tuesday then they’ll be right in the mixer as well. 

Brizzle had 29 shots today vs Bradford so they clearly are going for it and will be well-backed. These are the games we tend to do ok in however. 

I think the it’s the Newport and Oldham games that will be potential banana skins, tough niggly scrappers basically trying to kick lumps out of us (although any team with Joey Barton as manager also has that in them). 

4CA3BC6F-5BC7-4C40-8B1B-040114660132.jpeg

I would snap you’re hand off for 1 point right now v Salford. 4 points back to back away results would be a good return.

Edited by MBE

Advert:

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.

Edited by gavcradd
  • Confused 2

That's Carl. If we're not winning, we're terrible. If we're winning, we're not winning well enough and the wheels are coming off on the next corner. If we're winning well, he goes quiet until the next opportunity. He was the one who said that this squad is no better than last year's. Says it all
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Strange bloke. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

think the it’s the Newport and Oldham games that will be potential banana skins,

Walsall will be the one,It's always them.I think we play better against the better teams,it's the glorified Non-League teams we have problems with. We missed Garrity today and be great to have Pett ,Gibbo,Jones etc back and great to see Jake Taylor,He'll be like a new signing and all this without Tom Conlon

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

When you factor in that we were missing 6 genuine first team standard performers in Conlon, Gibbo, Pett, Garrity, Jones, Hussey it’s another big win. Plus Taylor only just back after 5 months out.

Getting a couple of those back fit would be massive for the run in.

And we lost Lewis Cass

• Like 4

Advert:

8 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.

Absolutely bonkers that is when you consider we did win, missed a handful of great clear cut chances, controlled large parts of the game and limited the opposition to very very little. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

4-4-2 for me with Smith at RB. In which case Charsley and Walker isn’t the worst midfield pairing playing with two wide men. We shall see how much ‘better’ we turn out to be with a flat back 4….

Just out of interest why are you so obsessed with the flat back 4 and it proving to be better,our defensive record is really good,we are 3rd in the table with playing the majority if not all of this season with a back 3?

Not a dig but i dont understand the demand for a back 4 after how well we have done

• Like 4