Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Sharp end of the season so second half of the season and win of the season.

Piece of skill of the season by Wilson to set up the 2nd goal was outrageously brilliant. I'd pay to just watch that passage of play.

Some brilliant incisive play in the 2nd half, Vale got to the byline so many times without scoring 'til Wilson's piece of magic.

Superb team performance.

• Like 4

Advert:

When you factor in that we were missing 6 genuine first team standard performers in Conlon, Gibbo, Pett, Garrity, Jones, Hussey it’s another big win. Plus Taylor only just back after 5 months out.
Getting a couple of those back fit would be massive for the run in.
Exactly right. Even more striking when you consider, if we'd kept last year's team as squad players, the replacements for those you mention would have been the likes of Mills, Fitzgerald, Brisley, Joyce and Whitehead. Just highlights how well we've recruited both in the summer and January
  • Like 8

I reckon a point will do on Tuesday, although I have to say they were one of the worst sides I’ve seen down Vale this season and the three points was daylight robbery. 

Then we’ve 6 to play and I reckon 4 wins will get us 3rd place…. 🙏

• Like 6

Advert:

11 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

When you factor in that we were missing 6 genuine first team standard performers in Conlon, Gibbo, Pett, Garrity, Jones, Hussey it’s another big win. Plus Taylor only just back after 5 months out.

Getting a couple of those back fit would be massive for the run in.

Great post. If we had those players , that game would have been sown up at H-T.  Tuesday is huge. UTV 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Only saw last 30 but what i saw was that we were slick and creating great chances .

Never going be easy Barrow played well but we looked a top side with Proctor and Wilson and Charsley linking quickly and superbly .

Was there a push by Amoo on first goal (minimal).

That's a brilliant win as Brown had them bang up for  it but our quality told and the goals were superb especially the equaliser brilliant ball by charsley and finished tremendously by Proctor .

Then the winner Great team play whoever passed it too Martin what a ball brilliant .

Bring on Salford .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

Advert:

The table is ridiculous tight. It’s mad to think that if Salford beat us Tuesday then they’ll be right in the mixer as well. 

Brizzle had 29 shots today vs Bradford so they clearly are going for it and will be well-backed. These are the games we tend to do ok in however. 

I think the it’s the Newport and Oldham games that will be potential banana skins, tough niggly scrappers basically trying to kick lumps out of us (although any team with Joey Barton as manager also has that in them). 

4CA3BC6F-5BC7-4C40-8B1B-040114660132.jpeg

• Like 1

Anybody else notice that RS Carl has suddenly stopped appearing by phone on P&G since we've got back in the top 7? Simply sending snidey texts in now. He's clearly not a happy Vale fan

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Anybody else notice that RS Carl has suddenly stopped appearing by phone on P&G since we've got back in the top 7? Simply sending snidey texts in now. He's clearly not a happy Vale fan

Maybe he's a sTOKE FAN!!??....🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

You mean not a happy Sjoke  fan don’t you

Just now, philmpv said:

Just like a couple on here ( cough, cough Joe B and Beechy). Just praying we keep on going 💪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2