Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Guest Vale at home
2 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Yellow  card for Hall for potential elbow, need to keep 11 on the pitch.

Yes I do agree . Come on the vale .vale need 2 or 3 goals quickly. 

Advert:

I hate it when we play these types of teams. We ALWAYS struggle against them. These are the games we need to find a way to win IF we are serious about promotion. There’s no point winning at FGR, Swindon etc then losing at Oldham, Barrow, Colchester etc. C’Mon Vale let up the ante a bit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

Awful half that. Back to colchester away. Stone has looked poor with everything, in my opinion worrall out of position for the first goal. 

They’ve dominated, Wilson and proctor playing way too deep so we have nothing up front when Walker plays in Worrall. Don’t think charsley has even touched the ball. Some early time wasting from them. Change it 2nd half and attack nothing to lose 

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

Today’s match was always good to be a potential banana skin. That first half was the be worst we have played all season. Barrow have their tails up. Will do well get anything today. 

The thing is, these "potential banana Skins" only apply to Vale, everyone else seems to beat them easy enough. 

Massive improvement needed this half.

Is this going to get worse for Vale.  No the ref has just given him a yellow card to Conor Hall.  Thought it was going to be a red.
Come on Vale.
I thought the other player just ran in to him. Didn't see anything wrong on the replay

But more quality please Vale and a couple of goals in the second half

4 minutes ago, TreacleValiant said:

Today’s match was always good to be a potential banana skin. That first half was the be worst we have played all season. Barrow have their tails up. Will do well get anything today. 

We are making them look good.  They haven't won at home since the 11 Dec said the commentator, so that was the curse we would not win today.

1 minute ago, Osh said:

I thought the other player just ran in to him. Didn't see anything wrong on the replay

But more quality please Vale and a couple of goals in the second half

Only able to listen on ifollow and the commentators were saying the linesman flagging like mad and pointing to his elbow.  You always fear the worse when that happens.

• Like 2

Advert:

Always gonna be a tough game,  fairly even for me against a team with a new manager fighting for their league life. Vale undone by a hopeful long ball but Smithie should have done a bit better. Walker's shot goes in and it's a different game.

Still all to play for.

These look more dangerous and a better team than some of the top half sides we've played recently.

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

We are making them look good.  They haven't won at home since the 11 Dec said the commentator, so that was the curse we would not win today.

New managers first home game?