onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

18 minutes ago, Walter said:

Shows the character and togetherness to win that one. A tough battle all game against a team fighting for their lives. It was ugly at times but we did that stuff well and had enough quality to see it through. To be fair we had enough chances to make it more comfortable.
Hats off to them all.
That away end is terrible.

Toss of a coin whether that place or Sutton is the worst dump.

Was in the part where the screen was, couldn't see anything by the corner flag at our end by the paddock bit and likewise the other corner flag you had to peer through that perspex screen.

Really terrible facilities and whilst teams like them Sutton and Harrogate have earned the right i feel there has to be some EFL Ground standard criteria, or maybe there is and they feel it is acceptable. 

Advert

It looks a dreadful ground and there really should be a minimum of being able to see the whole pitch.

That win could prove really crucial, it ticks off another game with maximum points and should Mansfield slip up in some of their remaining games then it's our spot to lose.

Still think that Mansfield, Exeter and FGR are in the box seats for the automatic positions but Mansfield fans, in spite of their form, aren't entirely convinced with their team. Don't forget, they had a terrible start and there must have been reasons why they were second bottom at one point.

I can't believe Salford have come up on the rails. I've seen them twice and they were garbage.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Was in the part where the screen was, couldn't see anything by the corner flag at our end by the paddock bit and likewise the other corner flag you had to peer through that perspex screen.

Really terrible facilities and whilst teams like them Sutton and Harrogate have earned the right i feel there has to be some EFL Ground standard criteria, or maybe there is and they feel it is acceptable. 

Said the same myself mate. Love these "small" clubs trying to climb the Football ladder but they have to conform to Football League standards.

Barrow's away section, standing in that cramped, view restricted paddock was diabolical. No barriers and when we scored understandably the happy fans surged forward but there were no barriers to prevent fans falling into each other and some fell to the ground. It could have been dangerous. Added to that was the tiny catering area , accessed and exited by a very narrow gap that again was uncomfortable and frankly badly designed.

As I say I love visiting some of these "poor" relations but come on they have to gear themselves up safely and correctly if they are serious in attempts to make it a Football League Club.

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

It looks a dreadful ground and there really should be a minimum of being able to see the whole pitch.

That win could prove really crucial, it ticks off another game with maximum points and should Mansfield slip up in some of their remaining games then it's our spot to lose.

Still think that Mansfield, Exeter and FGR are in the box seats for the automatic positions but Mansfield fans, in spite of their form, aren't entirely convinced with their team. Don't forget, they had a terrible start and there must have been reasons why they were second bottom at one point.

I can't believe Salford have come up on the rails. I've seen them twice and they were garbage.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

They had like 10 injuries mansfield did, think most of their players came back when they played us at their place. Agree re Salford, dreadful down vale I think we will end their chances on Tuesday. Still think Bristol have a big chance as well. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

There is but I definitely feel they are not applying it appropriately. Sutton, which I went to, was clearly a non league ground in all but name. 

20 minutes ago, ginginator said:

The ground probably did not need to separate home and away fans. Some cracking non league grounds though. 

It certainly did.

I was in Wetherspoons in the town , Vale fans were in 2 pubs. A mob of Barrow turned up looking for trouble ( granted they were average age of 16 ) , the Police dispersed them.

Then after the game the same mob were on the side streets looking for trouble. 

Big win that and very Un Vale like to nick a late winner after a poor first half but that’s the type of win promotion sides get so bodes well.

Just done the London Landmarks Half Marathon… turn around at the start line and who is there racing? Non other than Phil Brown! Did have a chuckle!

5 hours ago, darren1810 said:

It certainly did.

I was in Wetherspoons in the town , Vale fans were in 2 pubs. A mob of Barrow turned up looking for trouble ( granted they were average age of 16 ) , the Police dispersed them.

I meant when they were non league, with no real travelling fans. But as Santa says anything can happen these days, Vale turn up and they all want a ruck

It certainly did.
Yeah the kids had mobbed up. We just walked through them though.

18 hours ago, Doha said:

Wilson's movement for the winner. Seeing it on and pointing out the wide ball to Charsley for Proctor to drag the defender wide into no mans land. Calling for the immediate 1-2 inside. The cultured touches inside the box before the square ball. So much smarter than L2 level that kid. 

Also, after the top drawer cross from Charsley for the first..watch JW dodge the celebrations to run and get the ball out of the net for the restart. Hungry for the win. 

Saw something on twitter about an Amoo push before the first. Never. If that contact is a foul the games gone.

Charsley's cross was a thing of beauty! Willo has so much skill, it's just a shame his value to the team was being doubted when he was recovering from injury.

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.
Gotta say I honestly don't care. As long as we win that's all I care about. 3 beautiful points.

I'll take win ugly every single day m8

Archived