onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

We badly missed Ben today. Our midfield were poor and allowed Barrow to bully them. I also thought we were very loose at defending the corners and crosses. That said we dug in and our football won out in the end. One other point...their away section is not fit for League football. No barriers,  so when we scored people were falling forward onto each other and the floor. It could have been dangerous. Vale seriously need to get out of this Division as visiting these poor non league set ups is doing my head in!

I agree I was glad when a team with Barrow's history of previous league football got back in the league, as I'm a traditionalist at heart. They also have a better fanbase than a few teams to visit Vale in league two. Sadly their ground is poor beyond belief, I guess its the major hangover they've suffered from having nearly 50 years in non league football without looking like getting back for most it. 

Back to the salient point though we definitely need to go up sooner rather than later. Teams like Portsmouth and Ipswich to name just two will be far better for the clubs economy than most of the opposition we currently face. 

We all know that it could come down to goal difference for automatic/ playoffs. Vale have the 2nd best in the division after Forest Green. Very impressive indeed , considering how things have gone since January, on and off the pitch. Right then, I’m off to look at the table once again, and again. Sleep well  Valiants. A long way to go yet , but a really nice feeling to be in the automatic places for now. UTV 

Wilson's movement for the winner. Seeing it on and pointing out the wide ball to Charsley for Proctor to drag the defender wide into no mans land. Calling for the immediate 1-2 inside. The cultured touches inside the box before the square ball. So much smarter than L2 level that kid. 

Also, after the top drawer cross from Charsley for the first..watch JW dodge the celebrations to run and get the ball out of the net for the restart. Hungry for the win. 

Saw something on twitter about an Amoo push before the first. Never. If that contact is a foul the games gone.

10 hours ago, bertiepee said:

Listened to the commentary on radio stoke today, bowers was excellent , you can tell he is one of us vale fans. Now I never phone or text radio stoke but I was hoping that someone would phone in and let mr blakeman know that yes vale and Mansfield both have 66 points but twice he said Mansfield have 2 games in hand , not on us they don’t. I must say though credit to the radio station today it was the vale day from start to finish over our illustrious neighbours for a change 

I noticed that...Rather useless ain't he!!??

🤣

10 hours ago, bertiepee said:

Listened to the commentary on radio stoke today, bowers was excellent , you can tell he is one of us vale fans. Now I never phone or text radio stoke but I was hoping that someone would phone in and let mr blakeman know that yes vale and Mansfield both have 66 points but twice he said Mansfield have 2 games in hand , not on us they don’t. I must say though credit to the radio station today it was the vale day from start to finish over our illustrious neighbours for a change 

I'd hardly call crWHO illustrious, NOT this season anyways!!.......😊

A big shout out to Proctor as well....considering he has never been classed as a goal scorer his stats this season are 18(5) and 10 goals

I have no doubt in my mind if we had both him and Wilson fit for the majority of this season then we would be sitting pretty clear at the top of the league,so to sit 3rd despite everything is a fantastic job by all involved

Shows the character and togetherness to win that one. A tough battle all game against a team fighting for their lives. It was ugly at times but we did that stuff well and had enough quality to see it through. To be fair we had enough chances to make it more comfortable.
Hats off to them all.
That away end is terrible.

10 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

We all know that it could come down to goal difference for automatic/ playoffs. Vale have the 2nd best in the division after Forest Green. Very impressive indeed , considering how things have gone since January, on and off the pitch. Right then, I’m off to look at the table once again, and again. Sleep well  Valiants. A long way to go yet , but a really nice feeling to be in the automatic places for now. UTV 

Not bad for a team that we dont know where the goals will come from 🤣

Archived