onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

19 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The table is ridiculous tight. It’s mad to think that if Salford beat us Tuesday then they’ll be right in the mixer as well. 

Brizzle had 29 shots today vs Bradford so they clearly are going for it and will be well-backed. These are the games we tend to do ok in however. 

I think the it’s the Newport and Oldham games that will be potential banana skins, tough niggly scrappers basically trying to kick lumps out of us (although any team with Joey Barton as manager also has that in them). 

4CA3BC6F-5BC7-4C40-8B1B-040114660132.jpeg

I would snap you’re hand off for 1 point right now v Salford. 4 points back to back away results would be a good return.

Advert

5 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Can someone explain what a poor win is? 

A 9-0 win gets the same points as a 2-1 win.

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.

Can someone explain what a poor win is? 
A 9-0 win gets the same points as a 2-1 win.

That's Carl. If we're not winning, we're terrible. If we're winning, we're not winning well enough and the wheels are coming off on the next corner. If we're winning well, he goes quiet until the next opportunity. He was the one who said that this squad is no better than last year's. Says it all

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Did he text in today? The other week he said the play offs were out of reach as we had too much to do. Ridiculous. 

He did. Along the lines of a poor win against a poor side.

Strange bloke. 

19 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

think the it’s the Newport and Oldham games that will be potential banana skins,

Walsall will be the one,It's always them.I think we play better against the better teams,it's the glorified Non-League teams we have problems with. We missed Garrity today and be great to have Pett ,Gibbo,Jones etc back and great to see Jake Taylor,He'll be like a new signing and all this without Tom Conlon

44 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

When you factor in that we were missing 6 genuine first team standard performers in Conlon, Gibbo, Pett, Garrity, Jones, Hussey it’s another big win. Plus Taylor only just back after 5 months out.

Getting a couple of those back fit would be massive for the run in.

And we lost Lewis Cass

8 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

I'd say today was a poor win. We were playing ourselves at times our passing was so poor. Play like that in every game and we wouldn't be in the mix for promotion. Anyone who saw the game at 80 minutes wouldn't have said we were odds on to win it at all. We have to do better against Salford.

Absolutely bonkers that is when you consider we did win, missed a handful of great clear cut chances, controlled large parts of the game and limited the opposition to very very little. 

3 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

4-4-2 for me with Smith at RB. In which case Charsley and Walker isn’t the worst midfield pairing playing with two wide men. We shall see how much ‘better’ we turn out to be with a flat back 4….

Just out of interest why are you so obsessed with the flat back 4 and it proving to be better,our defensive record is really good,we are 3rd in the table with playing the majority if not all of this season with a back 3?

Not a dig but i dont understand the demand for a back 4 after how well we have done

Wow! What a turnaround. Was sat following the live text while the kids were watching a film. When the winner went in I properly made them jump (which is ironic, since they were watching Hop!).

Is that our biggest goal since Whitfield v Chesterfield? Makes a massive difference going into the game v Salford, a point there now would do for me.

Great effort to grind out that win, considering our formation is 3-5-2, and the entirety of what is probably the first choice 5 from that (Hussey - Conlon- Pett - Garrity - Gibbo) were all out.

Incredible stuff. UTMV!

16 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

We should of been out of site before the 80th minute 

Cloudy Devon was brightened up at 4:55 by a super Vale win!

We we're up against it today it seems with tight pitch, new manager syndrome, players out for us but............ the one thing that we have is togetherness and no little skill and ambition.

Will be able to watch it on Tuesday and hoping for another good result in this epic season.

Congratulations to all SVA fans and I'm sure your journey home will be a glorious and safe one!

We are doing amazingly well considering when you think,we spent a big spell without our 2 main strikers and probably our best midfielder,we then get hid by covid,then our manager is hit by tragedy and today we are without all our first team midfield 3,Pett being out for a few weeks and we have still managed to get to 3rd in the table.

Lets back the boys to the hilt now,we all have a right to an opinion BUT please lets try to have no negativity for the last 7 games no matter what happens... our team,our management team,our owners have given us a fantastic season and one where we can all be proud at last

KTF for these remaining games ... onwards and upwards me owd fruits

Just got back....

From the shop, we don't miss many games but couldn't make it today.

It's worth going every game so you don't have to follow social media when the match is on !

Most of the posts at half time were about Nobody bothering to get tickets for Exeter and season ends today. !

You know who you are...And no doubt you will be first in the queue for tickets..

Archived