onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, valefan79 said:

We last played at Barrow in 1966 with supporters there, so anyone under the age of 60 would not have seen Vale there.

Are you really saying we have no fans of that age? That nobody supporting Vale now has been to Barrow...because you're wrong!

7 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Are you really saying we have no fans of that age? That nobody supporting Vale now has been to Barrow...because you're wrong!

I think he’s saying that the vast majority of fans will not have been there before, so essentially a “new” ground to visit.  Which is true.

What a fabulous motivator for the plays on Saturday that the gaffer is back working, albeit in a limited capacity assisting Crosby and Flickers.

Made me feel quite emotional knowing DC is returning. Can only imagine how the staff and players feel.

Our stars might just be aligning.

On 28/03/2022 at 18:10, Rocky said:

Saturday was one of those special moments at Vale Park. They have been few and far between in recent years but   right now, not relying on other results and just our own performance and feeling like we could beat anyone in the league even with our manager absent alongside Gibbo and Conlon, feels exciting and alien to feel this way. 

Barrow are scrapping for their league status and the way Oldham have been this season, I expected the relegation fight to be over but Barrow are 6 points above the drop zone and we need to dispatch of them as efficient as we did Sutton. 

One slight concern is the size of their pitch, Wilson, Benning, Woz benefit massively from the wide Vale pitch, but I don't think Barrow can afford to sit back for the 90 minutes, they don't have the quality to defend like Exeter could.

Regardless of the opposition, as every game comes it becomes even bigger than the previous - I knew there was a solid player in Benning fighting to get out. One of the things I really like about him is he is constantly talking to his team-mates around him, noticed it earlier in the season. I think he came to Vale desperate to impress and by almost trying too hard form evaded him.

Maybe Hussey coming in and his lack of pace, Benning realised he can offer something Hussey can't but his link up play on Saturday with Wilson in the 1st half was lovely.

8 games to go, feels good to be a Vale fan right now, whisper it but it feels like something special is happening.

Also Connor Hall his absolutely ridiculous. Every header except maybe one he won on aerial duels on Saturday, every time I said aloud "he doesn't miss" The guy is incredible and there is no doubt that his ability is pulling Smith, Walker and Martin up to him by their collars.

One last thing, Brad Walker's long passing, one of them in the second half to Woz, the cross field one didn't get enough love. I'm running out of superlatives. 

Walker's range of passing is an absolute joke. So good.

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Slapped wrist for me, anyway looking forward to the game and another 3 points closer to promotion, just hope the away stand is not as bad as it looks.

It wasn't intended as a reprimand - just a reminder that we had a bit more history than you were saying. No harm done...I'm guessing the number of Vale fans who've been to Holker St (?) isn't huge? UTV

(While I'm on here - great news that DC is being phased back! Take your time Gaffer!!)

Just checked weather in Barrow on furness not bad at all so hopefully game will go ahead .

Near the lake district (damn Covid )I believe so would have made  a weekend of it if wasn't testing positive all the time ,nevermind all sold out anyway which is terrific wonder how many Salford tickets are left if recover and get a negative before next Tues. 

Barrows the home game where Politic changed the game 1 nil down at half time 3 -1 winners at full time .

Wonder if Coopers ready do a Politic like what I saw of him in the game I watched v Rochdale (very direct not afraid have a go think he could be a major asset last 8 ).

Amoo is looking very sharp aswell .

Hope Petts fit though as there were a few balls dropping in areas second half where Tom usually is so the opposition can not get shots away .

Walker plays better for me in back 3 .

Smith and Hall are doing well enough and Martin as being exceptional lately .

You would start with team who started v Sutton for me that first 20 mins repeated over 90 mins for 8 games gets us top spot in league 2 but even I do not think that's possible ,there's no way a team can play all 90 like that over 8 games so realistically we must aim to produce it enough to guarantee play offs and then push for top 3 if the opening comes available .

UTV 

54 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Mansfield beat Northampton which is entirely plausible then a Vale win would see us in the top 3 come 5pm Saturday...

I'd rather the draw ( obviously ) but i'm not concerned about top 3 this weekend. Win and everything else takes care of itself.

Indeed if we win because of the two humdingers Mans v Cobblers and Newp v Exe then it's a win win whatever the results. 

19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'd rather the draw ( obviously ) but i'm not concerned about top 3 this weekend. Win and everything else takes care of itself.

Indeed if we win because of the two humdingers Mans v Cobblers and Newp v Exe then it's a win win whatever the results. 

I'm the same.

Focus on ourselves,game by game.

See where it takes us.

You can speculate all day saying who will beat who.

Our strikers seem to be coming into form just at the right time.

Defence is solid too.

All positives for me

Two games coming up Barrow and Salford, both teams desperate for 3 points, draws not good enough for either team for different reasons. We need to stay compact and patient, then take advantage in the latter stages when they start to push. 4 points from these games and we'd be sitting pretty going into a home game against Oldham. 6 points and were on a title charge!!! Believe

Archived