onevalefan.co.uk

Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

If all games actually went by some of the theories on here it could be 7-6 every week!

Chances that don’t go in don’t count , it’s the ones that go over the line that matter. Stop worrying about what could have been, Sutton were awful and deserved nothing from Saturday which is exactly what they got . 3 points for us which is exactly what we deserved , enjoy and move on to the next one . 

Advert

Best thing about this game is we have a free week to rest and recover.

Going to be tough given this will be Browns first home game so I’m sure they will be pumped up for it.

5 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Yes totally agree and we were deserved winners but they should of scored and once they do the game changes 

But if we’d have taken our chances we’d have been out of sight.

I don’t really see these clear missed chances from Sutton.  A few off target shots from around the box and a speculative header that hits the bar.  Our chances were far better and in my view we were a bit wasteful.

Bit confused as to why any consternation about the Sutton game. Really comfortable i felt. Exactly the sort of display we've been wanting. No goals conceded and cruised somewhat to the final whistle against a very limited side.

On to Barrow, where whilst respectful that we have to earn the right with effort and commitment i'll definitely be hoping for a similar display and if we can get 4 points from these 2 away then i think that would be an excellent return.

12 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I think that is very unfair. In almost every game at some point or other the opponent are going to have a moment or two and really that’s all they had. It’s not realistic to keep teams from having any chances for the whole 90. Of course if them two had gone in yes you could say it could have been 2-2 but given we created far more it could easily have been 4 or 5 to us.

Fair does and your right just concerned me that five minutes in second half ,watching at home you see things you do not see while at the ground .

Big game Barrow would have thought the Vale end would be sold out by now .

Then onto Salford our game in hand .

Exciting end to the season everything play for with Taylor and Gibbons and Jones returning the squad looks even stronger for run in .

13 hours ago, DazFred said:

Benning was excellent yesterday. Much more mobile than Hussey. Links up with Hall and Charsley.

We looked a good unit

Which is actually how we’d been playing for the first half of the season with gibbo/ Conlon / Jones  and Worrall / Conlon / cass. That aspect of our play disappeared for a couple of months. 

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Which is actually how we’d been playing for the first half of the season with gibbo/ Conlon / Jones  and Worrall / Conlon / cass. That aspect of our play disappeared for a couple of months. 

Spot on. We miss Cass. I like Smith but Cass and Wozza were a good pairing. 

I'm really pleased we've given ourselves a chance to get amongst em

1 hour ago, jeffers said:

Over the last couple of games, Mal Benning is like having a new signing.

It will be interesting if/when Gibbo is back. That could also be like a new signing too.

I'm sure they won't rush him back but it could be interesting to see how we fare with him down one flank and Benning on the other.

BTW, I'm not knocking the excellent Worrall - however, we do need to manage all the players. Wozza's had a huge workload, playing a lot of 90 mins and picking up a fair few knocks in recent weeks so I do wonder if he could get a rest on the bench for a game or two if Gibbo comes back.

I'm sure Gibbo will want to make sure he’s fit and ready for the playoffs if needed. 
Cant see him being rushed back and risking aggravating his recovery. Not with how well we’re performing at the present. It’s going to be an interesting few weeks on the run in to the final game. 

Saturday was one of those special moments at Vale Park. They have been few and far between in recent years but   right now, not relying on other results and just our own performance and feeling like we could beat anyone in the league even with our manager absent alongside Gibbo and Conlon, feels exciting and alien to feel this way. 

Barrow are scrapping for their league status and the way Oldham have been this season, I expected the relegation fight to be over but Barrow are 6 points above the drop zone and we need to dispatch of them as efficient as we did Sutton. 

One slight concern is the size of their pitch, Wilson, Benning, Woz benefit massively from the wide Vale pitch, but I don't think Barrow can afford to sit back for the 90 minutes, they don't have the quality to defend like Exeter could.

Regardless of the opposition, as every game comes it becomes even bigger than the previous - I knew there was a solid player in Benning fighting to get out. One of the things I really like about him is he is constantly talking to his team-mates around him, noticed it earlier in the season. I think he came to Vale desperate to impress and by almost trying too hard form evaded him.

Maybe Hussey coming in and his lack of pace, Benning realised he can offer something Hussey can't but his link up play on Saturday with Wilson in the 1st half was lovely.

8 games to go, feels good to be a Vale fan right now, whisper it but it feels like something special is happening.

Also Connor Hall his absolutely ridiculous. Every header except maybe one he won on aerial duels on Saturday, every time I said aloud "he doesn't miss" The guy is incredible and there is no doubt that his ability is pulling Smith, Walker and Martin up to him by their collars.

One last thing, Brad Walker's long passing, one of them in the second half to Woz, the cross field one didn't get enough love. I'm running out of superlatives. 

Anyone know if we have sold out for this game yet, with only around 600 tickets available, 4th in the table and a new ground for everyone, was expecting this to be sold out quickly, not seen any mention that this is the case.

We know anyone can beat anyone in this league! However if we turn up and continue to play on the front foot and not get complacent then we should be ok. Here's hoping for another three points! But still nervous its Vale after all.

Archived