Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

Fosse69

53 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:
96th minute yesterday them 
I agree there a big threat for 3rd 

At home to FGR last match of the season.

They play FGR twice, Northampton, Salford and  Sutton. They will lose one or two of those.

We just need to rack up as many points as can plus Goal Difference may come into it

Advert

This will be a hard game and hope the players are up for it.  They need the points to stay up and we need the points to go up.  

They will be wound up as they want to beat a top of the Div team as well and show their fans what they are capable of.  However, if we play our way and not dragged into their way we should win. 

Don't think it will be an easy game one bit.

Long way go yet we have had  a bit of luck last four with teams and ourselves hitting our own woodwork and a few times yesterday we were sloppy and lucky that Sutton missed a few good opportunities where they have got on the ball and we have being slow to get out and be first to the ball giving free shots which on another day may go in .

So as much as I enjoyed majority of yesterday's display we have to not  be over confident and must be sharper to get to balls we head away as in the space of three second half minutes Stones dropped the ball and there lads swivelled and missed a sitter then Hall's headed one straight in a area where another player slashed at that .

So could have being 2-2 .

Luckily after that wobble we regained ourselves and no more scares after but the fact we gave chances to a team who didn't really play well enough create anything was a worry .

So every game has its own merits of how hard it will be .

We have much to do 

UTV 

25 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Long way go yet we have had  a bit of luck last four with teams and ourselves hitting our own woodwork and a few times yesterday we were sloppy and lucky that Sutton missed a few good opportunities where they have got on the ball and we have being slow to get out and be first to the ball giving free shots which on another day may go in .

So as much as I enjoyed majority of yesterday's display we have to not  be over confident and must be sharper to get to balls we head away as in the space of three second half minutes Stones dropped the ball and there lads swivelled and missed a sitter then Hall's headed one straight in a area where another player slashed at that .

Luckily after that wobble we regained ourselves and no more scares after but the fact we gave chances to a team who didn't really play well enough create anything was a worry .

We have much to do 

UTV 

Nowhere near being 2-2.

They created nothing.

Wilson had an effort on goal before we scored,Hall could have scored twice,Proctor had a shot saved 2nd half 

I thought we defended well,Stone had no shots to save. They just rely on hoofing the ball into the area and hoping something drops. Dreadful

Nowhere near being 2-2.
They created nothing.
Wilson had an effort on goal before we scored,Hall could have scored twice,Proctor had a shot saved 2nd half 
I thought we defended well,Stone had no shots to save. They just rely on hoofing the ball into the area and hoping something drops. Dreadful

To be fair, since we came down, that's exactly what we did in 90% of games up to the start of this season

22 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Nowhere near being 2-2.

They created nothing.

Yes we had efforts too especially he should have made it 3-0 after excellent set up play by Benning .

Proctors had a great effort saved just got be careful not to  give teams a helping hand .

They hit the  bar also  .

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
26 minutes ago, DazFred said:
Nowhere near being 2-2.
They created nothing.

To be fair, since we came down, that's exactly what we did in 90% of games up to the start of this season

I know we played a bit route one when we had that winning run last season but yesterday was awful 

The number 5 and 6 passing it to each other on the halfway line cos they hadn't got a clue. Then...hoof!

3 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Yes we had efforts too especially he should have made it 3-0 after excellent set up play by Benning .

Proctors had a great effort saved just got be careful not to  give teams a helping hand .

They hit the  bar also  .

Benning was excellent yesterday. Much more mobile than Hussey. Links up with Hall and Charsley.

We looked a good unit

37 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Nowhere near being 2-2.

They created nothing.

I could of been quite easily 2-2 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

We have much to do 

UTV 

I think that is very unfair. In almost every game at some point or other the opponent are going to have a moment or two and really that’s all they had. It’s not realistic to keep teams from having any chances for the whole 90. Of course if them two had gone in yes you could say it could have been 2-2 but given we created far more it could easily have been 4 or 5 to us.

Archived