• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Barrow v Port Vale

After a great performance and a giant leap up the table, now for a recovery week as the squad is tuned for promotion like a concert piano.  But do not underestimate Barrow, who although with a 6-point margin from the drop, have the toughest fixtures in the league coming up. They play the current top 4, plus Swindon and Sutton, and nobody below halfway so will be desperate for points from anywhere.  Not aware of any fresh injuries, maybe a bit of rotation, expecting nothing but a win to maintain our challenge for the top 3.

6 pointers to watch Mansfield v Cobblers, Newport v Exeter

Darrell Clarke`s Black and White Army

• Like 4

Advert:

I think the week off will be crucial. Might even get a couple more players come into contention such as Dan Jones who has returned to training and I think I saw Jake Taylor wasn’t far off either.

Just a repeat of the things we’ve been doing lately and we should have too much quality for them.

• Like 2

Advert:

I'm glad we are playing teams who have something to play for as we tend to not turn up when it's a game with nothing at stake IMO.

That said we need to just keep picking up the points and goal difference could prove to be important.

Crosby said about finding a way to win so I'm sure the likes of Harratt and Edmonson will be keen to get on and score if needs be. I'm glad Amoo got half an hour...his pace is not what opponents want to face in the 2nd half of a game.

Sutton had no footballing ability at all...dreadful to watch. Football won the day yesterday

• Like 3

If going by train check out the disruption because they are carrying out maintenance work on the West Coast Mainline near Preston and bus replacement services are operating in places.  

• Thanks 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I think the week off will be crucial. Might even get a couple more players come into contention such as Dan Jones who has returned to training and I think I saw Jake Taylor wasn’t far off either.

Just a repeat of the things we’ve been doing lately and we should have too much quality for them.

I think Gibbons may also be back?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Beating teams fighting for survival is going to be just as hard as teams at the top.

I think we have the hardest run in of any of the top 6.

I think the team we had out yesterday, including a strong bench, is capable of beating anyone in this league. The issues are avoiding injuries and being freshened ready to play. That is manageable. The team I worry about are Mansfield and we could do with them losing at Hartlepool on Tuesday. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think the team we had out yesterday, including a strong bench, is capable of beating anyone in this league. The issues are avoiding injuries and being freshened ready to play. That is manageable. The team I worry about are Mansfield and we could do with them losing at Hartlepool on Tuesday. 

96th minute yesterday them 

I agree there a big threat for 3rd 

Advert:

53 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:
96th minute yesterday them 
I agree there a big threat for 3rd 

At home to FGR last match of the season.

They play FGR twice, Northampton, Salford and  Sutton. They will lose one or two of those.

We just need to rack up as many points as can plus Goal Difference may come into it

• Like 1

This will be a hard game and hope the players are up for it.  They need the points to stay up and we need the points to go up.  

They will be wound up as they want to beat a top of the Div team as well and show their fans what they are capable of.  However, if we play our way and not dragged into their way we should win. 

Don't think it will be an easy game one bit.

Long way go yet we have had  a bit of luck last four with teams and ourselves hitting our own woodwork and a few times yesterday we were sloppy and lucky that Sutton missed a few good opportunities where they have got on the ball and we have being slow to get out and be first to the ball giving free shots which on another day may go in .

So as much as I enjoyed majority of yesterday's display we have to not  be over confident and must be sharper to get to balls we head away as in the space of three second half minutes Stones dropped the ball and there lads swivelled and missed a sitter then Hall's headed one straight in a area where another player slashed at that .

So could have being 2-2 .

Luckily after that wobble we regained ourselves and no more scares after but the fact we gave chances to a team who didn't really play well enough create anything was a worry .

So every game has its own merits of how hard it will be .

We have much to do 

UTV 

• Like 1