onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter Tickets

Powerline

1 minute ago, Santa said:

The number being put about on Sunday was 281 which didn’t sound very plausible to me. 

I had also heard that number and at the same time someone at the club advised that purchased tickets would be honoured.   This seems to have subsequently changed.

I'd purchased 8 tickets, all ST holders and nearly all attend most, if not all, away games.  Not that that has any bearing on who 'deserves' a ticket especially in the current circumstances with Covid etc.

Advert

54 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I had also heard that number and at the same time someone at the club advised that purchased tickets would be honoured.   This seems to have subsequently changed.

It wouldn’t surprised me if it got changed back. I don’t think the Exeter ticket office have the inclination or perhaps even the competence required to process several hundred (?) refunds.

12 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Yes very strange. All 1514 sold..They went on sale on March 22nd.

Maybe Walsall and Vale are discussing a larger allocation?

Yeah, possibly explains why nothing has been announced yet.

Surely they will give us the same allocation of 2874 that Swindon have had. Pretty much guaranteed to sell out.

Maybe they're going to give us even more.........the whole of Junction 9?! 😆

32 minutes ago, Santa said:

It wouldn’t surprised me if it got changed back. I don’t think the Exeter ticket office have the inclination or perhaps even the competence required to process several hundred (?) refunds.

I guess you haven't had your refund? I have shredded my tickets, fortunately I still have the pdf version so I can print more if necessary. I suspect there may be reluctance from Exeter to give mass refunds due to the cost and logistics of the operation. 

45 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yeah, possibly explains why nothing has been announced yet.

Surely they will give us the same allocation of 2874 that Swindon have had. Pretty much guaranteed to sell out.

Maybe they're going to give us even more.........the whole of Junction 9?! 😆

We would like to inform supporters ahead of our final home game of the season against Swindon Town that due to the extremely high demand for away tickets, Swindon fans will be seated in both the Away Stand and St Francis Group Community Stand.

As a result, season-ticket holders in the Community Stand will be relocated and offered the opportunity to bring a Friend For A Fiver. We apologise for the inconvenience.

The Robins have sold out of their initial allocation of 2,300 tickets and have requested further tickets.

Having consulted with West Midlands Police, in order to offer Swindon a further allocation, we will be required to relocate a number of season ticket holders in this area to either the Poundland Main Stand or the HomeServe Stand.

WMP might be a sticking point in us getting more.

Hi all, Exeter fan here. Sorry for the confusion about the tickets, I'm nothing to do with the club but understand there was a software glitch which has resulted in this ticketing clusterfuck that doesn't reflect well on us, which is a shame because we're a cracking little club that do things the right way. Understand why some of you will be pissed off though and I loved the picture of the two country bumpkins a couple of pages back.

For those that are still reading, the reason why we have half a stand along one side of the pitch is because of the topography of the land to the right of our stadium if you stand on our Big Bank - there is a railway line right next to the ground and there isn't enough room to put foundations in for anything substantial. We had a new stand built the other year because the old one was falling down, but it's the same size, we've never been able to go further along. It gives the ground character though, I'm sure you'll agree. Plus we get to stand on a terrace, watching our heroes and can also look out across the beautiful city of Exeter. Imagine you lot being able to stand and watch your team and also being able to look across the majestic panorama of Burslem. Hang on, bad example.

Anyway, as some of you have said already, if you lot need a result at our place I expect the away end to be heaving and a few of you in our end (if you're on your own, just keep quiet, if you're in a group then game on), but if you lose a couple of games before that you early-ticket-grabbers will be demanding a refund and protesting against the owners, that's the Vale way isn't it?

All jokes aside, I hope the Vale go up in 3rd place behind us and FGR. Vale are a proper club, partisan fans, decent ground. Plus I want to see you in the same division as Stoke and that will be a step closer. Good luck (until May).

14 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Hi all, Exeter fan here. Sorry for the confusion about the tickets, I'm nothing to do with the club but understand there was a software glitch which has resulted in this ticketing clusterfuck that doesn't reflect well on us, which is a shame because we're a cracking little club that do things the right way. Understand why some of you will be pissed off though and I loved the picture of the two country bumpkins a couple of pages back.

For those that are still reading, the reason why we have half a stand along one side of the pitch is because of the topography of the land to the right of our stadium if you stand on our Big Bank - there is a railway line right next to the ground and there isn't enough room to put foundations in for anything substantial. We had a new stand built the other year because the old one was falling down, but it's the same size, we've never been able to go further along. It gives the ground character though, I'm sure you'll agree. Plus we get to stand on a terrace, watching our heroes and can also look out across the beautiful city of Exeter. Imagine you lot being able to stand and watch your team and also being able to look across the majestic panorama of Burslem. Hang on, bad example.

Anyway, as some of you have said already, if you lot need a result at our place I expect the away end to be heaving and a few of you in our end (if you're on your own, just keep quiet, if you're in a group then game on), but if you lose a couple of games before that you early-ticket-grabbers will be demanding a refund and protesting against the owners, that's the Vale way isn't it?

All jokes aside, I hope the Vale go up in 3rd place behind us and FGR. Vale are a proper club, partisan fans, decent ground. Plus I want to see you in the same division as Stoke and that will be a step closer. Good luck (until May).

No way was it a “software glitch”, human error pure and simple.

I think the only confusion stems from this end, as in Vale trying to pacify the many supporters who’d like to buy one of the smal(ish) number of tickets normally allocated to fans visiting St James’ Park, whilst at the same time placating those lucky enough to legitimately buy tickets from the Exeter website, who also maybe booked accommodation and/or made travel arrangements.

In defence of the majestic panorama of Burslem, there are many fine buildings if you care to look, many which wouldn’t look out of place in your beautiful city of Exeter.  Sadly, times being how they are, many are now dilapidated.  The panorama is fine, it’s when we zoom in things don’t appear quite so salubrious.

100% we will need a result, and I’d guess, looking at the current table, you will too, but if we lost every game between now and the end of the season nobody will be protesting against our owners.

Archived