• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Exeter Tickets

Posted (edited)

No refund, no.

Exeter have set themselves a deadline of this evening to provide a “further update” so it’s only reasonable I wait until 23:59 before firing off another email.

Edited by Santa

Advert:

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yeah, possibly explains why nothing has been announced yet.

Surely they will give us the same allocation of 2874 that Swindon have had. Pretty much guaranteed to sell out.

Maybe they're going to give us even more.........the whole of Junction 9?! 😆

We would like to inform supporters ahead of our final home game of the season against Swindon Town that due to the extremely high demand for away tickets, Swindon fans will be seated in both the Away Stand and St Francis Group Community Stand.

As a result, season-ticket holders in the Community Stand will be relocated and offered the opportunity to bring a Friend For A Fiver. We apologise for the inconvenience.

The Robins have sold out of their initial allocation of 2,300 tickets and have requested further tickets.

Having consulted with West Midlands Police, in order to offer Swindon a further allocation, we will be required to relocate a number of season ticket holders in this area to either the Poundland Main Stand or the HomeServe Stand.

WMP might be a sticking point in us getting more.

Edited by Doha

Advert:

14 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Hi all, Exeter fan here. Sorry for the confusion about the tickets, I'm nothing to do with the club but understand there was a software glitch which has resulted in this ticketing clusterfuck that doesn't reflect well on us, which is a shame because we're a cracking little club that do things the right way. Understand why some of you will be pissed off though and I loved the picture of the two country bumpkins a couple of pages back.

For those that are still reading, the reason why we have half a stand along one side of the pitch is because of the topography of the land to the right of our stadium if you stand on our Big Bank - there is a railway line right next to the ground and there isn't enough room to put foundations in for anything substantial. We had a new stand built the other year because the old one was falling down, but it's the same size, we've never been able to go further along. It gives the ground character though, I'm sure you'll agree. Plus we get to stand on a terrace, watching our heroes and can also look out across the beautiful city of Exeter. Imagine you lot being able to stand and watch your team and also being able to look across the majestic panorama of Burslem. Hang on, bad example.

Anyway, as some of you have said already, if you lot need a result at our place I expect the away end to be heaving and a few of you in our end (if you're on your own, just keep quiet, if you're in a group then game on), but if you lose a couple of games before that you early-ticket-grabbers will be demanding a refund and protesting against the owners, that's the Vale way isn't it?

All jokes aside, I hope the Vale go up in 3rd place behind us and FGR. Vale are a proper club, partisan fans, decent ground. Plus I want to see you in the same division as Stoke and that will be a step closer. Good luck (until May).

No way was it a “software glitch”, human error pure and simple.

I think the only confusion stems from this end, as in Vale trying to pacify the many supporters who’d like to buy one of the smal(ish) number of tickets normally allocated to fans visiting St James’ Park, whilst at the same time placating those lucky enough to legitimately buy tickets from the Exeter website, who also maybe booked accommodation and/or made travel arrangements.

In defence of the majestic panorama of Burslem, there are many fine buildings if you care to look, many which wouldn’t look out of place in your beautiful city of Exeter.  Sadly, times being how they are, many are now dilapidated.  The panorama is fine, it’s when we zoom in things don’t appear quite so salubrious.

100% we will need a result, and I’d guess, looking at the current table, you will too, but if we lost every game between now and the end of the season nobody will be protesting against our owners.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fred binneys head said:

Imagine you lot being able to stand and watch your team and also being able to look across the majestic panorama of Burslem. Hang on, bad example.

Cheeky bugger 🤣

So if I bought two tickets from Exeter directly for myself and my partner, who is also a season ticket holder, does that only entitle me to one ticket from the Vale ticket office but my partner can buy one separately? 

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So if I bought two tickets from Exeter directly for myself and my partner, who is also a season ticket holder, does that only entitle me to one ticket from the Vale ticket office but my partner can buy one separately? 

I would argue that it would allow you to buy 2, as this is what you would normally do. Normally anyone can take a handful of STs and get a handful of tickets as far as I know. What we don`t know is how many tickets were sold in advance by Exeter.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Season tickets for the incinerator down the road don't count. 

You going on the pitch to give DC a hug if we get in the autos? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Absolute farce. No offence to anyone who has brought a ticket already. But they have essentially guaranteed themselves a ticket already for what will be the best game of the season to go. If true that 400 have already gone it’s a <ovf censored> disgrace. I don’t care what anyone says this is not distributing these tickets fairly.

Advert:

I can't see how an additional allocation would actually work as the ground only holds a paltry 7600 home fans and they will want to sell out, unless they apply to Devon council to temporarily increase the safety certificate approved standing capacity of the away terrace.

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

I can't see how an additional allocation would actually work as the ground only holds a paltry 7600 home fans and they will want to sell out, unless they apply to Devon council to temporarily increase the safety certificate approved standing capacity of the away terrace.

Since it was an error by Exeter that caused the situation  it is up to them to try and minimise any problems, more than likely they will say nothing can be done.

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Since it was an error by Exeter that caused the situation  it is up to them to try and minimise any problems, more than likely they will say nothing can be done.

It'd be a bit tight to drop the following paragraph in the 11am statement if it's just lip service. Hopefully they actually do come up with something.

Port Vale and Exeter City are also exploring the possibility of an additional allocation of away supporter tickets over and above the original allocation – subject to satisfying all safety requirements