onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter Tickets

Powerline

33 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I absolutely HATE this underlying accusation, that people acted in bad faith, and deliberately cheated "the system". I bought one, because I saw they were on sale from an OFFICIAL outlet. So of course I'm trying to get one. 

Oh, and by the way, I'm a ST holder, since that seem to be the magic trigger word to some...

When have I used the word cheated? I just think it was daft to assume they would go ahead with them sold as it was clearly an error and hasn’t been done for any game this season.

I also maintain the fact that our ticketing system is in the dark ages. Tickets should be applied for online and just sent out automatically via a points system to avoid these situations.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Karl Pilkington said:

When have I used the word cheated? I just think it was daft to assume they would go ahead with them sold as it was clearly an error and hasn’t been done for any game this season.

I also maintain the fact that our ticketing system is in the dark ages. Tickets should be applied for online and just sent out automatically via a points system to avoid these situations.

When saying people are "deluded" to not think the tickets would get refunded, that is saying, that people should know it's an error, and are therefor deliberately trying to cheat "the system", to get tickets.

3 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

When saying people are "deluded" to not think the tickets would get refunded, that is saying, that people should know it's an error, and are therefor deliberately trying to cheat "the system", to get tickets.

Let’s just agree to disagree on this one. You think the sale was ok and fair and I don’t.

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

No it is not an error I wish people would stop saying this. Exeter sell tickets to all away fans this way as well I guess as also sending an allocation to the opposing team to sell on. If I wanted to go V's Colchester (which I dont of course) Exeter's next home fixture I can buy direct from Exeter official home page. They must have reasons for doing this. If any mistake has been made no thought was made into the importance (maybe) to Vale fixture. The request to not sell like this is from Vale not Exeter must be, and I can understand why. We purchased 5 all season ticket holders + booked accomodation but i guess now we will have to que and hope we all get tickets but it will be a 1 in 5 chance. Dont forget out of the 1300 we will possibly get we have staff allcotion of tickets that will have to be deducted from the 1300, so maybe only 1200 ish that will actually be for sale.

image.thumb.png.00ad12d43585ba19b942536fbc816790.png

1 hour ago, Port Vale Paul said:

No it is not an error I wish people would stop saying this. Exeter sell tickets to all away fans this way as well I guess as also sending an allocation to the opposing team to sell on. If I wanted to go V's Colchester (which I dont of course) Exeter's next home fixture I can buy direct from Exeter official home page. They must have reasons for doing this. If any mistake has been made no thought was made into the importance (maybe) to Vale fixture. The request to not sell like this is from Vale not Exeter must be, and I can understand why. We purchased 5 all season ticket holders + booked accomodation but i guess now we will have to que and hope we all get tickets but it will be a 1 in 5 chance. Dont forget out of the 1300 we will possibly get we have staff allcotion of tickets that will have to be deducted from the 1300, so maybe only 1200 ish that will actually be for sale.

image.thumb.png.00ad12d43585ba19b942536fbc816790.png

Actually just underlining my point even more 🙂

I'm not having a dig at Karl or anyone else, I just think it's a very very sad way of looking at the situation. That the tickets were on sale from an official source, and the first thing that went through peoples mind was "HAHAHA, I know something other people don't". People literally put the info on SoMe for all to see, I saw it on all outlets; Facebook, Twitter and on here, so it's not like people tried to keep it a secret, and keep it only to themselves and their mates. 

Its a <ovf censored> situation but I do think the refund is the best of the WORST options.

As a fan and ST holder who has travelled to places like Carlisle, Sutton,Leyton Orient, Colchester and Crawley this season you see the same core 200-250 faces at each game regardless of who, where and how Vale are performing at the time.

To me it would be seem wholly unfair if these fans in particular didn't have the opportunity to purchase tickets for this game because they were busy celebrating 3 points on Saturday night.

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Exeter considered it a routine game,  would they sell tickets this way when they play Plymouth?  Due to their location very rarely is there a heavy away demand, likewise at the Vale due to our capacity.

Worst bit is, the game could end up being a non event and we don’t sell out. I mean it could be a tie that decides a position of a play off place or we could even be already promoted. Sounds a bit less appealing, although I must admit a weekend in Torquay was a major motivator for me when the tickets went on sale. 

6 hours ago, MBE said:

Its a <ovf censored> situation but I do think the refund is the best of the WORST options.

As a fan and ST holder who has travelled to places like Carlisle, Sutton,Leyton Orient, Colchester and Crawley this season you see the same core 200-250 faces at each game regardless of who, where and how Vale are performing at the time.

To me it would be seem wholly unfair if these fans in particular didn't have the opportunity to purchase tickets for this game because they were busy celebrating 3 points on Saturday night.

Must have seen you at some point then MBE, as I went most of them as well + Oldham, Tranmere, Rochdale, Burton, Mansfield and soon to be Salford x 2 in 1 season. I will give you a wave.

You sell the tickets while you are doing well .

OK if  we lose the next 7 do you think 1300 Vale fans are going rack up at Exeter 

No defo not so buying them straight from Exeters website really was it such a big deal when nothing is set in stone ,do you really think for example me not being a away game in the league all season is going want get a ticket and go that one away game No I ain't being away all season so even though I'd like be there I will not be going out of respect for those who do go regularly .

1300 come on we struggling sell 643 for Barrow .

We are not a big club at all so what's happening on the pitch is remarkable just shows something small can blossom into something special due to tremendous owners. 

Try sell out all the games but with everything going up understand that people have to live 

UTV 

Now we have owners who genuinely care about the community aspect of the club and it's fans. If there is a chance of automatic promotion being achieved at Exeter then they would make Vale Park a carnival event including a giant screen relaying the game live. Then every Vale fan would get the chance to be part of the celebrations!  

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

We are not a big club at all so what's happening on the pitch is remarkable just shows something small can blossom into something special due to tremendous owners. 

A promotion charge in tinpot league 2 is remarkable? Am I imagining the 45 odd seasons spent at Championship level and attendances this season that are bigger than the total capacity of quite a few grounds in this league? 

What is remarkable is it’s still going after the decimating injuries and then losing DC. It still going is incredible particularly in the context of the latter. But if everything was otherwise normal we should expect to be a towards the top end of this league of pub teams having to open our 4500 capacity away end to accommodate a minibus full on a Saturday afternoon.

48 hours up. Nada. Zilch. Rien.

Don’t commit to a timescale you can’t deliver or have no intention of delivering. If something has changed then communicate it out.

This is a professional football club, not an honesty box in a Devon country lane. The buggers just got £75k last night because Watkins played for England so they’re hardly short of a bob or two.

x1080

Archived