onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter Tickets

Powerline

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

In an away area where the visiting team are likely to take up the entire area?

I'd guess so, I've never thought that there was anything strange about it TBH.  I've called up and had tickets left for collection without issue.  I posted previously that I found Bradford a bit odd as when I called them to order a ticket for the match recently they spoke to me like I was mad.  Not sure if anything has changed recently.

Didn't we have to purchase Colchester tickets through their website recently?  I didn't get to that game.

Advert

2 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I'd guess so, I've never thought that there was anything strange about it TBH.  I've called up and had tickets left for collection without issue.  I posted previously that I found Bradford a bit odd as when I called them to order a ticket for the match recently they spoke to me like I was mad.  Not sure if anything has changed recently.

Normally not a problem if the away club does not take up all the tickets, I assume in the case of Exeter that Vale had not been asked how many tickets they wanted..

Absolute joke. I was lucky enough to get tickets online and now they are cancelled! Totally unfair from the club. Stopping their own fans going to a game! 

As others have said most clubs let you buy away tickets online. Colchester (I wish they had not) Stevenage, Orient, Bradford. In fact Exeter would have carried on except for this baffling intervention from the club.

I suppose they have done it to ensure season ticket holders get first dibs which is fair enough to a point…but what usually happens is you get OAPs, dole lads and others who don’t work in the week, snapping them up at the ground when they can on a Thursday morning. Those who live miles from the ground or can’t get there to queue with those who can is not a fair ticket system. 

It is the 21st century and first come, first served online after maybe some sort of season ticket/loyalty allocation is not only more convenient but fairer. 

9 hours ago, Karl Pilkington said:

Did people actually think this was going to work?! When have we ever been able to buy away tickets via to opposing club. Right decision and yes I agree the club needs a loyalty system in place asap.

Ooh let me see? About nearly every fixture since the 2009/10 season? Common exceptions being big local games like Crewe. 

For me common sense to stop tickets being sold this way and to give a refund to everyone.  I purchased 4 tickets online on Saturday but for me Exeter made a massive mistake doing it this way.  This is potentially our biggest game in a decade and tickets had to be given to Vale to be sold how they feel they should be.  I just hope now our we give supporters plenty of notice in order to plan something and not like we did with the Barrow tickets and those fans who are not able to queue up and get up Vale are able to purchase via phone/online.

12 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

For me common sense to stop tickets being sold this way and to give a refund to everyone.  I purchased 4 tickets online on Saturday but for me Exeter made a massive mistake doing it this way.  This is potentially our biggest game in a decade and tickets had to be given to Vale to be sold how they feel they should be.  I just hope now our we give supporters plenty of notice in order to plan something and not like we did with the Barrow tickets and those fans who are not able to queue up and get up Vale are able to purchase via phone/online.

As it happens, Barrow still isn't sold out. It's no surprise as for many years Vale don't travel in big numbers if it's over an hour away and/or a Southern fixture. 

Exeter might be the exception, and even then only if there's something significant riding on it. 

1 hour ago, smithie said:

As it happens, Barrow still isn't sold out. It's no surprise as for many years Vale don't travel in big numbers if it's over an hour away and/or a Southern fixture. 

Exeter might be the exception, and even then only if there's something significant riding on it. 

I think we would've sold more for Barrow if the trains hadn't been such a mess at the weekend.  New ground for nearly everyone I'd think.

7 hours ago, smithie said:

Spot on...Still tickets left for Salford and Barrow, we won't sell out Hartlepool, we didn't sell out Northampton on the first game of the season and when we went to Swindon on a lovely Saturday afternoon there were 236 of us. 

Vale now need to be clear and give 48 hours notice to when they go on sale. 

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Ooh let me see? About nearly every fixture since the 2009/10 season? Common exceptions being big local games like Crewe. 

What for final games of the season that have something riding on them?! Think Fleetwood the other year final day they were like gold dust. Yes I can understand it if it was a dead rubber but these tickets were never not going to get refunded. Anyone who thought otherwise is deluded. 

1 hour ago, Karl Pilkington said:

What for final games of the season that have something riding on them?! Think Fleetwood the other year final day they were like gold dust. Yes I can understand it if it was a dead rubber but these tickets were never not going to get refunded. Anyone who thought otherwise is deluded. 

I absolutely HATE this underlying accusation, that people acted in bad faith, and deliberately cheated "the system". I bought one, because I saw they were on sale from an OFFICIAL outlet. So of course I'm trying to get one. 

Oh, and by the way, I'm a ST holder, since that seem to be the magic trigger word to some...

1 hour ago, Karl Pilkington said:

The Bournemouth league 2 playoff place decider that sold out was online back in 2009. Our last match to stay up in League 1 against Fleetwood, A Barnet away last game one..

Those games, all bought, online without a problem. 

This is 4th division football. Annoying fans who bought tickets in good faith from a legal source isn’t a good move.

16 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

The Bournemouth league 2 playoff place decider that sold out was online back in 2009. Our last match to stay up in League 1 against Fleetwood, A Barnet away last game one..

Those games, all bought, online without a problem. 

This is 4th division football. Annoying fans who bought tickets in good faith from a legal source isn’t a good move.

Which is all well and good but technically any old Tom, Dick and Harry could buy one online for a big game.

Archived