onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter Tickets

Powerline

1 minute ago, saintvaliant said:

You would hope that if there is anything riding on the game that the Vale would be thinking about a beam back to Vale Park (if permitted by the Football League). Couple of big screens in front of the Lorne St or Railway and let those who don’t get a ticket see the game that way.

Good idea 

Advert

5 minutes ago, melv said:

Dont see why Exeter decided to do this.What do they (Exeter) gain from doing it? I expect the ticket allocation they give will sell out anyway.

It’s a guaranteed sell out I suspect. I would imagine they were simply looking to put the game on general sale for their own fans and made the whole ground available.

Seems pretty brain dead from their ticket office given it’s the final game of the season and could well be a game where both sides need something from the game for autos or playoffs.

3 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

It’s a guaranteed sell out I suspect. I would imagine they were simply looking to put the game on general sale for their own fans and made the whole ground available.

Seems pretty brain dead from their ticket office given it’s the final game of the season and could well be a game where both sides need something from the game for autos or playoffs.

Especially given the limited away allocation when there doesn't appear to be any checks as to where you're from or who you support.  We could've sold out the home stands by now in theory.

What a <ovf censored> up. I hope it gets sorted out so there is a fair ticket allocation for ST holders who want to go.

Surely refund the tickets and allow Vale to allocate tickets. Also would be nice if they increased the allocation.

13 minutes ago, MBE said:

What a <ovf censored> up. I hope it gets sorted out so there is a fair ticket allocation for ST holders who want to go.

Surely refund the tickets and allow Vale to allocate tickets. Also would be nice if they increased the allocation.

I'm not certain how they'd be able to increase the allocation TBH and even if they could I'm sure the demand from their own fans would be massive.

Its been on a number of peoples minds that this would be huge with access to tickets difficult and I hope that it remains so over the remainder of the season.  I'm hoping that we don't need to go there needing a win to ensure that we get something at their expense.

We really need to get out of this terrible divison with ramshackle grounds and bus stop like away capacities. Our attendance yesterday including an away side who brought bugger all was still bigger than the total sell out capacity of 6 clubs in this league.

Could part of the reason that Exeter have done this be.

To get a ticket you need to register with them and give your details (ie Name & Address)They can then (possibly) TRY to point the finger at fans should their be any trouble? But that would be pointless as there would be no guarantee that fans are actually in their allocated seats.Even then how would this work in a standing area? 

Do they want to put (Vale) fans on their database for some stupid reason?

There must be some logical reason for them to do this.Its just can't be a simple mistake from their ticket office. 

39 minutes ago, melv said:

Could part of the reason that Exeter have done this be.

To get a ticket you need to register with them and give your details (ie Name & Address)They can then (possibly) TRY to point the finger at fans should their be any trouble? But that would be pointless as there would be no guarantee that fans are actually in their allocated seats.Even then how would this work in a standing area? 

Do they want to put (Vale) fans on their database for some stupid reason?

There must be some logical reason for them to do this.Its just can't be a simple mistake from their ticket office. 

Trying to cut out the middle man so they pocket the money themselves instead of vale taking a cut for selling the tickets?

2 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I'm not certain how they'd be able to increase the allocation TBH and even if they could I'm sure the demand from their own fans would be massive.

Its been on a number of peoples minds that this would be huge with access to tickets difficult and I hope that it remains so over the remainder of the season.  I'm hoping that we don't need to go there needing a win to ensure that we get something at their expense.

Would make for a great season finale though. 
It’s a big stand down the side so they could potentially gives us more there but like you say you would expect high demand from the home fans. I’m sure the chairman will do everything possible to make sure it’s a sellout either way.

Trying to cut out the middle man so they pocket the money themselves instead of vale taking a cut for selling the tickets?
They could sell part of the away area and only supply Vale with a minimum amount. Quite unusual I think, Vale could do the same the next time they visit, but Exeter are unlikely to ever need 4000 tickets except for a play-off game.

Archived