Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

46 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Why are you "fumming"? It's not your money paying Holy's wages...it doesn't affect you, or the team, in any way and it gave us a new option in the nets when we needed it. It's not permanent so, hopefully, any problems in the GK position will be sorted out in time for next season and, Holy hasn't been a flop - despite some of you trying "but it's the type of shots he's saved" being the reason his stats were better than Stone's...at the time. And it seems that being 2nd/3rd choice has made AS up his game since he got the no 1 slot?

I think he was being sarcastic Tony.

• Haha 2

Advert:

Why are you "fumming"? It's not your money paying Holy's wages...it doesn't affect you, or the team, in any way and it gave us a new option in the nets when we needed it. It's not permanent so, hopefully, any problems in the GK position will be sorted out in time for next season and, Holy hasn't been a flop - despite some of you trying "but it's the type of shots he's saved" being the reason his stats were better than Stone's...at the time. And it seems that being 2nd/3rd choice has made AS up his game since he got the no 1 slot?
My apologies, sarcasm doesn't always work on forums, I was VERY much being ironic.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I don’t know if it was mentioned n this thread previously but we completed the stat of being the only team to have beaten every other league team. If it was posted, I apologise for wasting your time 

Not so long ago I wouldn’t have believed you. Then we went and won at Swindon…. 😁

2 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:
4 hours ago, LancyTony said:

My apologies, sarcasm doesn't always work on forums, I was VERY much being ironic.

hahaha...apology accepted, and mine offered in return! The tone of your post was very much in the shape of reaction to signing Holy...as if it made a [ersonal difference to those posting, at the time. If sarcasm / irony isn't signposted, though, it can very much get lost, especially amongst the regular negativity on here! 

• Like 1

Advert:

On 27/03/2022 at 11:30, Conrad said:

I don’t honestly know, I assume they were all complimentary tickets, but I agree, I thought there was more than 6300 there, especially given that the Lorne st was sold out.

But it looked as if there were quite a few empty seats in Lorne Street?

1 minute ago, jimbo57 said:

But it looked as if there were quite a few empty seats in Lorne Street?

I think they were season ticket holders that weren’t there, probably covid.

there was 3 behind me that weren’t there due to covid.