onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Fosse69

Good all across the board performances today. 

Stone 6 nowt do .

Smith 7 

Martin sub  7 

Hall 8 could have had 2 goals in fact defo should have had 1 after tremendous work from  Benning ,love the fact he keeps getting in there .

Worrall 7 much better today than tues .

Walker 7 5 played two positions both very well I thought his pass sent Benning away who crosses  to Proctor to Wilson for first goal. 

Charsley 7.6 never stopped running great endeavour .

Garrity 6 a quiet one for Ben today .

Benning 8.5 very very very good involved in everything superb about Vale today .

Wilson 8 I thought he was excellent goes without saying when he gets involved he is a terrific all round player .

Proctor 9 what a goal he never stops his link up play superb he gets us up that pitch he as tremendous feet aswell 

Pett 7 shame he went off as he was playing very well 

Subs 

AMOO 7.6 Enjoyed his efforts showed a real willingness to go past players very good .

Advert

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Just watched that about 20 times, goalkeeper never moved and proc was celebrating before it had even gone in.

He was! Just a glance to make sure it was on its way then turn round to celebrate as it crosses the line! A goal of some beauty - we have a good team, especially now that Mal (everyone's scapegoat) is showing his class. The doubters have gone very silent recently - don't you like us winning?

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

He was! Just a glance to make sure it was on its way then turn round to celebrate as it crosses the line! A goal of some beauty - we have a good team, especially now that Mal (everyone's scapegoat) is showing his class. The doubters have gone very silent recently - don't you like us winning?

Aye was wondering where the "non Happy Clappers" were"...?

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

This is worthy of note folks

Maybe...but it could also coincide with players like Wilson and Proctor coming back into fitness, and Mal Benning regaining his form? Maybe lots of factors in the resurgence? But, some of us had faith we would come good again!

35 minutes ago, Gooders said:

Like Jimmy Greenhof from the early eighties!

Jimmy Greenhoff's goal against York City if i rememmber correctly it was in a 2-1 win in under the floodlights and i've not seen many better volleys,he struck it first time from just outside the box played directly to him from a corner,it was a thing of beauty.Proc's goal today was top drawer,also brilliant technique but more reminiscent of say a young Glen Hoddle and a different type of volley

I'm Brazilian and a fan of Port Vale, I've been missing from the site for a while, and I couldn't understand where Lucas Covolan is, is he still in the club?
Yes he is. He's ostracised at the moment owing to a kung fu kick on an opposition player v Swindon Town, for which he got a red card

If anyone has ever doubted 'the process' and the impact of flitcroft before this season as pope highlighted in his interview that he thought he was just talking the talk. What hes done for our recruitment is second to none. The guy has worked wonders pretty much every signing bar a couple have turned out to be great business which is highlighted through the signings like proctor. What a signing for all you wiki scouts he looked a average signing at best but what a bloody player he is. Honestly how he is in league two is beyond me he absolutely bullies defenders and for a big lad he is outstanding with the ball aswel. 

25 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

If anyone has ever doubted 'the process' and the impact of flitcroft before this season as pope highlighted in his interview that he thought he was just talking the talk. What hes done for our recruitment is second to none. The guy has worked wonders pretty much every signing bar a couple have turned out to be great business which is highlighted through the signings like proctor. What a signing for all you wiki scouts he looked a average signing at best but what a bloody player he is. Honestly how he is in league two is beyond me he absolutely bullies defenders and for a big lad he is outstanding with the ball aswel. 

Agreed

I also think we need to put the none-sense that “January was poor” behind us.

To pick up Hall was a master stroke, the guy is a rolls Royce and a seriously impressive signing.

Charsley is looking like another great find… as always, it’s easy for the boo boys to sl@g someone off in their first game or two without giving them time to settle and adjust… since his proper run in the team he has looks like another great find.

The striker issue will always devide opinions… but for me the matrix played its part well. Jan strikers are over priced, so a permanent signing would have been overs from a wages point of view.

Add that to the fact that anyone who people thought was a “name” wouldn’t want to come and play second fiddle to proctor and Wilson… who I wouldn’t swap.

So for a fraction of the price we have picked up two players with different attributes giving up more flexibility and cover, who have scored more goals than the load of the “guaranteed goal getters” people wanted… and they have done it happily from the bench meaning squad moral isn’t damaged.

Downside is they are not permanent… but I back the process the find someone permanent in the summer when wages are back to reasonable levels and more players are available.

We also offloaded a whole bunch of rubbish!!! 

Only miss was that we couldn’t lock down politic and Cooper hasn’t had the same impact… but the lure of seria A potential we couldn’t compete with. This ain’t championship manager… it’s nigh on impossible to get 100% right in the window.

Well done flickers and the team!

I’m excited to see another evolution of improvement through this team over summer!

Agreed
I also think we need to put the none-sense that “January was poor” behind us.
To pick up Hall was a master stroke, the guy is a rolls Royce and a seriously impressive signing.
Charsley is looking like another great find… as always, it’s easy for the boo boys to sl@g someone off in their first game or two without giving them time to settle and adjust… since his proper run in the team he has looks like another great find.
The striker issue will always devide opinions… but for me the matrix played its part well. Jan strikers are over priced, so a permanent signing would have been overs from a wages point of view.
Add that to the fact that anyone who people thought was a “name” wouldn’t want to come and play second fiddle to proctor and Wilson… who I wouldn’t swap.
So for a fraction of the price we have picked up two players with different attributes giving up more flexibility and cover, who have scored more goals than the load of the “guaranteed goal getters” people wanted… and they have done it happily from the bench meaning squad moral isn’t damaged.
Downside is they are not permanent… but I back the process the find someone permanent in the summer when wages are back to reasonable levels and more players are available.
We also offloaded a whole bunch of rubbish!!! 
Only miss was that we couldn’t lock down politic and Cooper hasn’t had the same impact… but the lure of seria A potential we couldn’t compete with. This ain’t championship manager… it’s nigh on impossible to get 100% right in the window.
Well done flickers and the team!
I’m excited to see another evolution of improvement through this team over summer!
Well said.....
Although it must NEVER be forgotten that we ended up with 3 goalkeepers. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm still fumming about this.

39 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Only miss was that we couldn’t lock down politic and Cooper hasn’t had the same impact… but the lure of seria A potential we couldn’t compete with. 

Across Cremonese' 12 games since he left us, he's played....10 minutes. Not in the match day squad for half of them. 

Archived