Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Advert:

Agreed
I also think we need to put the none-sense that “January was poor” behind us.
To pick up Hall was a master stroke, the guy is a rolls Royce and a seriously impressive signing.
Charsley is looking like another great find… as always, it’s easy for the boo boys to sl@g someone off in their first game or two without giving them time to settle and adjust… since his proper run in the team he has looks like another great find.
The striker issue will always devide opinions… but for me the matrix played its part well. Jan strikers are over priced, so a permanent signing would have been overs from a wages point of view.
Add that to the fact that anyone who people thought was a “name” wouldn’t want to come and play second fiddle to proctor and Wilson… who I wouldn’t swap.
So for a fraction of the price we have picked up two players with different attributes giving up more flexibility and cover, who have scored more goals than the load of the “guaranteed goal getters” people wanted… and they have done it happily from the bench meaning squad moral isn’t damaged.
Downside is they are not permanent… but I back the process the find someone permanent in the summer when wages are back to reasonable levels and more players are available.
We also offloaded a whole bunch of rubbish!!! 
Only miss was that we couldn’t lock down politic and Cooper hasn’t had the same impact… but the lure of seria A potential we couldn’t compete with. This ain’t championship manager… it’s nigh on impossible to get 100% right in the window.
Well done flickers and the team!
I’m excited to see another evolution of improvement through this team over summer!
Well said.....
Although it must NEVER be forgotten that we ended up with 3 goalkeepers. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm still fumming about this.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Only miss was that we couldn’t lock down politic and Cooper hasn’t had the same impact… but the lure of seria A potential we couldn’t compete with. 

Across Cremonese' 12 games since he left us, he's played....10 minutes. Not in the match day squad for half of them. 

• Like 2

Unforgettable day. First visit to Vale Park since Northampton promotion game nearly decade ago. So impressed with stadium and club shop. Great bars in Burslem. Glorious sunny day. Awesome performance by every player. Magical goalposts at Hamil Road end. Amazing how many times woodwork being hit. Mysterious how goalposts have saved Vale since the appearance of the tractor at the Salford game.

Does anybody have a copy of Harrogate v Vale programme to sell. I was at the game but did not see any on sale. Happy to pay double price plus postage. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Doha said:

Across Cremonese' 12 games since he left us, he's played....10 minutes. Not in the match day squad for half of them. 

Hope it’s not another career spoilt by a greedy agent 

Advert:

5 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Unforgettable day. First visit to Vale Park since Northampton promotion game nearly decade ago. So impressed with stadium and club shop. Great bars in Burslem. Glorious sunny day. Awesome performance by every player. Magical goalposts at Hamil Road end. Amazing how many times woodwork being hit. Mysterious how goalposts have saved Vale since the appearance of the tractor at the Salford game.

Does anybody have a copy of Harrogate v Vale programme to sell. I was at the game but did not see any on sale. Happy to pay double price plus postage. 

The goalposts at hamil Rd have been blessed since Hall knocked them out of shape and speedy the tractor pulled them back into shape .

9 hours ago, DazFred said:

The crowd are playing a big part. We have won 5 and drawn 3 of the last 8 at home.

Northampton,FGR and Exeter were the draws.

Loafs of kids there today.

We have Oldham,Bristol and Newport left at home. Hopefully the kids who enjoyed today will come again. Maybe give some complimentary tickets to the Ladsandads teams today? 

BTW I've been going to Vale for over 40 years and that volley is one of the best goals I've seen. A fit Proctor adds so much to the team

Proctor is a massive one to get tied down to another season,he will certainly be on other clubs radars now

• Like 1

Advert:

8 hours ago, Nightwish said:

They were Jonny Brains magic goalposts..........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's been along time coming but now its here its sublime. The togetherness throughout the whole set up including the fans is brill. And to think that we still got Gibbo, Jones and Conlon to come back probs not Conlon this season, what a manager's or assistant managers nice to have problem. Long may it continue.

Forgot to add it was nice to see the Bycars with so many in as well.

Edited by Port Vale Paul

Advert:

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

Yes very good to see the Bycars well populated some good noise from around the ground. 

Often thought it would be worth having Bycars STs and  10 Match  tickets lower priced than the Railway to build up noise behind the goal.

• Like 2