Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Thought Benning was excellent again. He's now the player I thought we had signed.

How good is Hall? He's like a better Maguire! Fantastic again.

Worrall was much better today as well. He got himself involved in the attack regularly.

Thought Walker had a good game too. Garrity had one of his quieter games today but still worked tremendously hard.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 4

Advert:

30 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I thought the Sutton way of playing had been consigned to the bin in the 90's.

Muscular physicality is the term that springs to mind!

Have now beaten every one of the clubs in the EFL

• Like 2

The crowd are playing a big part. We have won 5 and drawn 3 of the last 8 at home.

Northampton,FGR and Exeter were the draws.

Loafs of kids there today.

We have Oldham,Bristol and Newport left at home. Hopefully the kids who enjoyed today will come again. Maybe give some complimentary tickets to the Ladsandads teams today? 

BTW I've been going to Vale for over 40 years and that volley is one of the best goals I've seen. A fit Proctor adds so much to the team

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

The crowd are playing a big part. We have won 5 and drawn 3 of the last 8 at home.

Northampton,FGR and Exeter were the draws.

Loafs of kids there today.

We have Oldham,Bristol and Newport left at home. Hopefully the kids who enjoyed today will come again. Maybe give some complimentary tickets to the Ladsandads teams today? 

BTW I've been going to Vale for over 40 years and that volley is one of the best goals I've seen. A fit Proctor adds so much to the team

Like Jimmy Greenhof from the early eighties!

• Like 4

Advert:

Thought it was a fantastic effort by the team again today. All of them worked really hard and got a fully deserved win. I love the blend we have in midfield now with the one holding midfielder and then Charsley and Garrity either side running pretty much everywhere. Hall and Benning have a really nice combination on the left. The latter of them was my man of the match personally but it’s good there were a number of decent options. Once again thank you to the whole squad and Andy Crosby for making it a very enjoyable weekend. You’re all doing DC proud.

I am trying to remember if have ever seen a better goal by Vale than that Proctor scissors kick. I know some have pointed to a Jimmy Greenhoff volley in the past as the best strike but that was before my time and never seen any footage of it. Just an incredible bit of technique to do that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good all across the board performances today. 

Stone 6 nowt do .

Smith 7 

Martin sub  7 

Hall 8 could have had 2 goals in fact defo should have had 1 after tremendous work from  Benning ,love the fact he keeps getting in there .

Worrall 7 much better today than tues .

Walker 7 5 played two positions both very well I thought his pass sent Benning away who crosses  to Proctor to Wilson for first goal. 

Charsley 7.6 never stopped running great endeavour .

Garrity 6 a quiet one for Ben today .

Benning 8.5 very very very good involved in everything superb about Vale today .

Wilson 8 I thought he was excellent goes without saying when he gets involved he is a terrific all round player .

Proctor 9 what a goal he never stops his link up play superb he gets us up that pitch he as tremendous feet aswell 

Pett 7 shame he went off as he was playing very well 

Subs 

AMOO 7.6 Enjoyed his efforts showed a real willingness to go past players very good .

Edited by Breadwinner

12 minutes ago, Gooders said:

I was at that one vs York!

Everyone groaned at the corner then Greenhoff casually vollied it in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Just watched that about 20 times, goalkeeper never moved and proc was celebrating before it had even gone in.

He was! Just a glance to make sure it was on its way then turn round to celebrate as it crosses the line! A goal of some beauty - we have a good team, especially now that Mal (everyone's scapegoat) is showing his class. The doubters have gone very silent recently - don't you like us winning?

• Like 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

He was! Just a glance to make sure it was on its way then turn round to celebrate as it crosses the line! A goal of some beauty - we have a good team, especially now that Mal (everyone's scapegoat) is showing his class. The doubters have gone very silent recently - don't you like us winning?

Aye was wondering where the "non Happy Clappers" were"...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

This is worthy of note folks

Maybe...but it could also coincide with players like Wilson and Proctor coming back into fitness, and Mal Benning regaining his form? Maybe lots of factors in the resurgence? But, some of us had faith we would come good again!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gooders said:

Jimmy Greenhoff's goal against York City if i rememmber correctly it was in a 2-1 win in under the floodlights and i've not seen many better volleys,he struck it first time from just outside the box played directly to him from a corner,it was a thing of beauty.Proc's goal today was top drawer,also brilliant technique but more reminiscent of say a young Glen Hoddle and a different type of volley

• Like 3

Advert:

I'm Brazilian and a fan of Port Vale, I've been missing from the site for a while, and I couldn't understand where Lucas Covolan is, is he still in the club?
Yes he is. He's ostracised at the moment owing to a kung fu kick on an opposition player v Swindon Town, for which he got a red card