Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, jeffers said:

So people keep saying, but they have also got to play FGR twice, Northampton & Sutton.

KTF

NICE, I know we have just beat them, but I cant imagine any footballing team relishing playing against Sutton, so they could do us a big favour by beating Mansfield

Edited by Hoppers

Advert:

Posted (edited)
  • next saturday

Mansfield Town15:00Northampton Town
  • Newport County15:00Exeter City

whatever happens there are dropped points here
Edited by Hoppers
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

oooooh good spot missed that one - NICE 
Ideally, FGR will roar back to form and win all their remaining games now. Would do us a huge favour. Don't give a fig about finishing top, so long as we're in that top 3
  • Like 5

Advert:

Wanted to wait until after FT so I wasn’t responsible for jinxing it.

Brilliant start and atmosphere, almost sang the ball into the net. Atmosphere went weirdly flat after the goal.

Procs’ goal was worth the 22 quid alone. Important time to get it as we had started to drop off big time after Pett’s forced substitution. 

Not too sure about Worrall MOTM. Thought Wilson was quality. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
4 minutes ago, Hoppers said:
oooooh good spot missed that one - NICE emoji106.png

Ideally, FGR will roar back to form and win all their remaining games now. Would do us a huge favour. Don't give a fig about finishing top, so long as we're in that top 3

Or have a catastrophic run in and fall out of the automatics so we don't have to play them next season, maybe won't happen like that though.

48 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Game number 14 for us this season 

W7 D6 L1 

Call the club, get them to pay for your tickets and travel to the last 8 games, we need those kind of stats to get us over the line!

Great win though, fantastic return from a tricky run of 5 games. Gutted I couldn't be there to see Proctor's goal live, but looking forward to the highlights and a beer or two tonight.

UTV!

• Like 2

Or have a catastrophic run in and fall out of the automatics so we don't have to play them next season, maybe won't happen like that though.
Of all the teams we've played this season, FGR were the only ones where we were comfortably the better side in both games, so I'd love for them to go up (with us)!
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Wanted to wait until after FT so I wasn’t responsible for jinxing it.

Brilliant start and atmosphere, almost sang the ball into the net. Atmosphere went weirdly flat after the goal.

Procs’ goal was worth the 22 quid alone. Important time to get it as we had started to drop off big time after Pett’s forced substitution. 

Not too sure about Worrall MOTM. Thought Wilson was quality. 

Yes I thought after the 2nd went it it went very quiet, nerves playing their part as Tuesday night vs Exeter.

Worrall started well but wasn't MoTM IMO, Benning for me over 90 mins.

• Like 1

Advert:

A poachers goal from Wilson and a sublime finish from Proctor. The team worked their socks off today. Benning MoM for me. Mansfield have 2 games in hand , but they have to win them first , starting with an away trip to Hartlepool on Tuesday. It’s tight at the top , but Vale are the form team now, and that’s huge. Barrow won’t easy , and I’d take a scrappy 1-0 win. Fans were fantastic today . Good attendance. Lovely interview with Carol Shanahan too. Happy as Larry tonight . UTV 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clayts said:

Call the club, get them to pay for your tickets and travel to the last 8 games, we need those kind of stats to get us over the line!

Great win though, fantastic return from a tricky run of 5 games. Gutted I couldn't be there to see Proctor's goal live, but looking forward to the highlights and a beer or two tonight.

UTV!

Ha ha.

Enjoy your Saturday night 

The commitment and togetherness from management,players,fans...is there to see

• Like 1