onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Fosse69

We'll be there again. After not going for 3 seasons,we've been 13 league and 2 cup games.

Our record W6 D6 L1 plus 1 win,1 loss in the cup.

Really looking forward to it,we owe Sutton one.

Be positive from the off. Crowd need to be noisy...but patient.

On reflection the point against Exeter wasn't a disaster. One game at a time and hopefully 3 points tomorrow

Advert

Even AC is asking for more noise from the attendees as season reaches its climax or anti climax depending on how it goes .

Get behind the  team how much do you the fans want it or are you happy going games where there are less than 500 travelling support most games we play at home .

The stakes are high the crowd needs give the players the extra 5 or 10 per cent required to obtain the goal of promotion if indeed that is the goal. 

I do not want be reading on tomorrow's match report the support were quiet (moaning and groaning instead of on your feet singing shouting and encouraging ).

It's as much our responsibility get Vale up as it us the players .

The team well going by what AC was saying I think will have changes in it lets hope them changes are backed to the hilt and no voice is most of the however many folk are attending is there only diagnosis of a tremendous afternoons work from ALL at Vale from players to caterers to you the most important part of a football club the SUPPORT. 

SUPPORT needs to be shown at all times during all 810 minutes of season plus extra time as season reaches its conclusion .

I believe they can do it the players (squad ).

Are you capable .

Let's hope you are 

UTV 

On 24/03/2022 at 14:23, Hitcher said:

Ahaha yes you are right we all have scars from this over the years. Sutton away a good example.

Just saying i think we'll have a decision to make with how we approach subs and a few starting lineups over the run in. 

Three little letters......QPR!!    🤣

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Conrad said:
No one can ever forget that.

The 5th goal that was not given.

Good goal that from Tony Naylor, at the time we didn’t think it mattered, but it should have stood.

Looks like another miss for me today because of bl**dy Covid, really infuriating. 

I know very little about these other than they are big and physical. I don’t know if they have pace and/or a creative midfield. People have said that the ball will be in the air a lot.

These are the types of teams we ALWAYS struggle against. The 3 man defence invites crosses into the box given the space down the sides so we need to be prepared for this. I think Martin has to come in, and maybe Walker plays as the DM as this might be too physical a game for Pett to start. 

Wouldn’t like to be picking the team today. This is MUST win - I don’t care what anyone says - if we have any ambitions left of grabbing that 3rd spot.

If Wilson is out, that’s our main creative spark gone so maybe there’s an argument for 4-3-3 with:

Stone

Smith-Hall-Martin-Benning

Walker-Garrity-Charsley

Worrall-Proctor-Amoo

That said, I suspect it will look more like 3-5-2 with Harratt rather than Amoo. 

Worrall is a worry for me. Didn’t think he was great vs Mansfield and I’ve heard he had a similar performance vs Exeter, although played well at Bradford. Is he injured or just knackered maybe?? 

I think we’re in for another tough, attritional afternoon and think this has another draw written all over it. I really hope I’m wrong (in a positive way!)

20 hours ago, DazFred said:

We'll be there again. After not going for 3 seasons,we've been 13 league and 2 cup games.

Our record W6 D6 L1 plus 1 win,1 loss in the cup.

Really looking forward to it,we owe Sutton one.

Be positive from the off. Crowd need to be noisy...but patient.

On reflection the point against Exeter wasn't a disaster. One game at a time and hopefully 3 points tomorrow

Still the only club in the EFL we've yet to beat!  Let's make it today please.

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

Still the only club in the EFL we've yet to beat!  Let's make it today please.

Hopefully. Sun is shining so a few more on the gate.

Get at em early,crowd get going early and the table will look better come 5 pm

Archived