onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sutton United

Fosse69

50 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I personally will always go but know the latter would be attractive to some. My confusion arises from the fact that the effect on attendances is always cited as the reason that games largely aren't available in the UK yet how does it being an international weekend suddenly and seemingly make this reason redundant for L1 and L2 clubs so that they're available to UK residents? That's what I can't get my head around. It's as though the rule is only concerned with Prem and Champ attendances, which makes no sense either

Would not screening Sat afternoon Prem matches have a large effect on the lower leagues?

Advert

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Those 3 back to back wins have gone to your head. We still need a goalkeeper between the sticks. Garrity in a top 3? Your maddest starting XI yet. 😂

Maddest I've only changed one player .

Formation are formations its a load of chonnocks really ,make sure our 11 are better than there 11 

We play better when Garrity is up there in a 3 with Proctor and Wilson it's usually Garritys efforts what make the Vale tick .

I can use lots of examples but ones what stick out to me v SALFORD do home driving us forwards at every opportunity could have 2 goals such was his excellence v them .

V Forest Green home high press led to a extremely pleasing first 45 mins 

V Bradford Away high press he was in front of Proctor and Wilson lots of times led to our win .

If Garrity plays well Vale do ,if he is quiet then it's up to others step up he ain't superman .

Amoo why not if we cannot get through the centre we have to come at them from the wings or like I've just mentioned on another thread our dead balls have to be better .

The games where we won are gone there's plenty of ways of winning games the secret is not be predictable 

UTV 

9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Maddest I've only changed one player .

Formation are formations its a load of chonnocks really ,make sure our 11 are better than there 11 

We play better when Garrity is up there in a 3 with Proctor and Wilson it's usually Garritys efforts what make the Vale tick .

I can use lots of examples but ones what stick out to me v SALFORD do home driving us forwards at every opportunity could have 2 goals such was his excellence v them .

V Forest Green home high press led to a extremely pleasing first 45 mins 

V Bradford Away high press he was in front of Proctor and Wilson lots of times led to our win .

If Garrity plays well Vale do ,if he is quiet then it's up to others step up he ain't superman .

Amoo why not if we cannot get through the centre we have to come at them from the wings or like I've just mentioned on another thread our dead balls have to be better .

The games where we won are gone there's plenty of ways of winning games the secret is not be predictable 

UTV 

You only picked 10 players...

10 minutes ago, Rocky said:

You only picked 10 players...

OK because of what happened at Sutton with not dealing with crosses on that particular throw away afternoon I'd go with Holy sat even though Stones being very good should be catching practice for a big lad like him (Colchester away goal may say different though ).

UTV 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

OK because of what happened at Sutton with not dealing with crosses on that particular throw away afternoon I'd go with Holy sat even though Stones being very good should be catching practice for a big lad like him (Colchester away goal may say different though ).

UTV 

You should never change your goalkeeper based on who the opposition is. Stone has done nothing wrong to justify being dropped. You have your first choice goalkeeper and they are only dropped if injured, suspended or dropped because of poor decisions/performance.

In Stone's last match he didn't concede and also was really solid, to drop him against Sutton would seriously damage a goalkeeper's confidence, you need stability. This isn't a video game.

15 minutes ago, Rocky said:

You should never change your goalkeeper based on who the opposition is. Stone has done nothing wrong to justify being dropped. You have your first choice goalkeeper and they are only dropped if injured, suspended or dropped because of poor decisions/performance.

In Stone's last match he didn't concede and also was really solid, to drop him against Sutton would seriously damage a goalkeeper's confidence, you need stability. This isn't a video game.

You forgot the really vital bit of info  - Holy is shıte

5 hours ago, philmpv said:

I personally will always go but know the latter would be attractive to some. My confusion arises from the fact that the effect on attendances is always cited as the reason that games largely aren't available in the UK yet how does it being an international weekend suddenly and seemingly make this reason redundant for L1 and L2 clubs so that they're available to UK residents? That's what I can't get my head around. It's as though the rule is only concerned with Prem and Champ attendances, which makes no sense either

I live a long way from Vale Park , but I would rather attend than watch online. 

8 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I live a long way from Vale Park , but I would rather attend than watch online. 

Live 70 miles from vale park ,could stream midweek games for £10,like Houston will always travel nothing like live atmosphere, ok for the supporters who cannot get there or can't afford mid week games ,still revenue for the club,hope there's a good crowd on Saturday a must win game  utv

15 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

If you live in Burslem would you go to the ground for £22 or watch on line for £10 ?  At what point does the number on line off set the number who no longer go to the ground? Add in travelling costs for people further away in their decision making, also those on line where attending the game is impractical.  What is known on Vale`s gate being affected by on-line competition?

To be honest I am surprised attendances don’t get hit more by I follow, admittedly I have a VPN aided season pass, but live 150 miles aways and still see at least 6 home games and more away in person. 

Even so, our attendances have not really dipped and have improved since the Smurfwaite league 2 era, promotion season aside. 

For home games i would much rather go the games as sitting at home you can get annoyed with what you are seeing but nothing like being at the ground and encouraging yesim emotional and constantly urging them on and I probably do get on others fans wicks (bother them )but I cannot helpit I'm goaarnnn son to every player to whatever end we are attacking cannot understand why fans stay at one end they should all move to the end we are attacking in railway paddock/stand .

The game sat is a big one will take a test on sat morning if it comes back negative ill be going hopefully (as had Covid 5 days by then )so hopefully it's done one by then .

It goes without saying that every performance now will have to go up another notch so a good performance will have to be bettered with a very good a very good with a excellent a excellent with a outstanding etc .

Sutton are a very very dangerous side that why I felt we needed beat Exeter wasn't to be and now puts pressure on Saturdays game a game where I feel each player has to be a minimum 8 out of 10 .

UTV 

UTV 

Archived