BARROW TICKETS

Advert:

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

League 2 website i frequent gives all the away attendances. Carlisle was confirmed as 612 on Saturday as you said Jacko . 

Which site is that, Darren?  Did it show that daft figure Bradford announced for our away following?

1 hour ago, Doha said:

They only got 4083 home fans in their derby if 463+112 was accurate for Carlisle's following.

That's another 742 empty seats/terrace places. 5400 capacity.

Give us a second stand. It'd be thousands of pounds they wouldn't get otherwise.

You say it’s a ‘derby’ but they’re 85 miles and over an hour and a half apart!! Would you consider Blackpool a local derby for us? The latter is actually closer and quicker to get to!

Advert:

13 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

You say it’s a ‘derby’ but they’re 85 miles and over an hour and a half apart!! Would you consider Blackpool a local derby for us? The latter is actually closer and quicker to get to!

Newcastle would love to have a team that near for a derby!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Walter said:

...tiny allocation at Barrow. Its also a new ground for us... 

Get a loyalty scheme in place ASAP.

No it isn't! - for a few, maybe!! 

Loyalty schemes automatically preclude those who only get chance to travel away once or twice / season, due to personal circumstances. Let's be honest - if the demand exceeds supply there will always be those who miss out and those fortunate enough to get a ticket. There is NO fair way to allocate fewer tickets than are available. As one of those who always  has to shrug their shoulders and wait for my time to go just think yourself lucky if you get a ticket! 

As I've said before, I've never had a problem with the ticket office.

13 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Indeed. I think Workington were more Barrow's local rivals in their old league days if you read their history and even that's 50 odd miles!  I hate the word but Soccer Outpost is probably a good term for Barrow!

Morecambe's probably the closest as the crow flies but to drive you have to go all the way round!  Perhaps they should put on a supporters boat when they play each other?😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Indeed. I think Workington were more Barrow's local rivals in their old league days if you read their history and even that's 50 odd miles!  I hate the word but Soccer Outpost is probably a good term for Barrow!

Morecambe's probably the closest as the crow flies but to drive you have to go all the way round!  Perhaps they should put on a supporters boat when they play each other?😁

They do have a boat for the Morecambe away support. It's called a Coracle 😀

Edited by darren1810
  • Haha 3

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Barrow give you around 600, Salford 1300, Hartlepool between 700 and 900 and Walsall usually give 1500 but I'd imagine they would give us part of the side stand or maybe even all of it if needed.

Is there a rule in the EFL, like in the PL and in European tournaments, that the away allocation has to be X amount of the full capacity? 

11 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Is there a rule in the EFL, like in the PL and in European tournaments, that the away allocation has to be X amount of the full capacity? 

No. It's what the club decide they want to sell. There is for the FA Cup, 15% I think it used to be, again dependent on health and safety.

2 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

No. It's what the club decide they want to sell. There is for the FA Cup, 15% I think it used to be, again dependent on health and safety.

Okay 😊

I can see that for clubs that have smaller grounds, like Sutton or Salford. If they have to give say 30% to the away by rule, that is 1500 out of 5000. Which proportionally seems a lot, and would sell out quiet often. Where as with us, that is about 6000 out of 20.000, which will almost never ever sell out.
So it's a balance of wanting to make the most profit, whilst not letting the opposition outnumber the home attendance. 

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

No there isn't any more. By the way still the best part of 200 Barrow tickets on sale, season ticket holders only until after the Sutton game.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

It's not a given that we'll sell this one out. Vale traditionally don't travel so well if it's over an hour away, and there are works on the Barrow train line next weekend which will make getting there by train a real pain. 

4 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

2000 or 10% of ground.efl has minimum number for capacity of 5000