onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BARROW TICKETS

darren1810

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The Carlisle site said they had 112 seats (same as us) and 500 standing.  Ours says 463.  Don't know if the 500 was a rounding up.  To get an away ticket for Barrow the Carlise season ticket holders had to turn up IN PERSON!!

Thanks, so next to zero chance of us getting anymore. 

I guess from Barrow's point of view,  90% of teams the allocation is enough in league two, due to location, just Carlisle and any teams towards the end of the season in a promotion battle it causes a problem. 

I doubt they'll get much higher in the league pyramid but they simply wouldn't cope in league one with their current set up. A shame as traditionally it was great to see them back in the league. 

Advert

They only got 4083 home fans in their derby if 463+112 was accurate for Carlisle's following.

That's another 742 empty seats/terrace places. 5400 capacity.

Give us a second stand. It'd be thousands of pounds they wouldn't get otherwise.

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

League 2 website i frequent gives all the away attendances. Carlisle was confirmed as 612 on Saturday as you said Jacko . 

Which site is that, Darren?  Did it show that daft figure Bradford announced for our away following?

1 hour ago, Doha said:

They only got 4083 home fans in their derby if 463+112 was accurate for Carlisle's following.

That's another 742 empty seats/terrace places. 5400 capacity.

Give us a second stand. It'd be thousands of pounds they wouldn't get otherwise.

You say it’s a ‘derby’ but they’re 85 miles and over an hour and a half apart!! Would you consider Blackpool a local derby for us? The latter is actually closer and quicker to get to!

13 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

You say it’s a ‘derby’ but they’re 85 miles and over an hour and a half apart!! Would you consider Blackpool a local derby for us? The latter is actually closer and quicker to get to!

Newcastle would love to have a team that near for a derby!

9 hours ago, Walter said:

...tiny allocation at Barrow. Its also a new ground for us... 

Get a loyalty scheme in place ASAP.

No it isn't! - for a few, maybe!! 

Loyalty schemes automatically preclude those who only get chance to travel away once or twice / season, due to personal circumstances. Let's be honest - if the demand exceeds supply there will always be those who miss out and those fortunate enough to get a ticket. There is NO fair way to allocate fewer tickets than are available. As one of those who always  has to shrug their shoulders and wait for my time to go just think yourself lucky if you get a ticket! 

As I've said before, I've never had a problem with the ticket office.

13 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Indeed. I think Workington were more Barrow's local rivals in their old league days if you read their history and even that's 50 odd miles!  I hate the word but Soccer Outpost is probably a good term for Barrow!

Morecambe's probably the closest as the crow flies but to drive you have to go all the way round!  Perhaps they should put on a supporters boat when they play each other?😁

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Indeed. I think Workington were more Barrow's local rivals in their old league days if you read their history and even that's 50 odd miles!  I hate the word but Soccer Outpost is probably a good term for Barrow!

Morecambe's probably the closest as the crow flies but to drive you have to go all the way round!  Perhaps they should put on a supporters boat when they play each other?😁

They do have a boat for the Morecambe away support. It's called a Coracle 😀

8 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Barrow give you around 600, Salford 1300, Hartlepool between 700 and 900 and Walsall usually give 1500 but I'd imagine they would give us part of the side stand or maybe even all of it if needed.

Is there a rule in the EFL, like in the PL and in European tournaments, that the away allocation has to be X amount of the full capacity? 

Archived