onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

BARROW TICKETS

darren1810

Advert

Awful from the Vale, will probably be called out for been a moaner but I was told this on Saturday they would be going on sale today so went up this morning to get mine and friend's, no one else in the queue.  This surely should have put at somewhere, I don't get this technical error, surely in sentinel or on Radio there could have been something on Saturday if I knew in the morning.  

I appreciate it there should be those who never miss a game getting priority, I reckon probably 100 -150 of those but people should be able to plan something, thankfully I have an understanding boss and was able to get away from work for half an hour.  

It's 2022 and they still expect people to be able to rock up at the ground on short notice. No online sales, it takes 50 bloody rings to get through on the phone a lot of the time, no you have to make your way to VP. 

Not everyone lives in SOT. Not everyone can get up there during the working day/week.

Getting a ticket for our remaining away games is going to be a nightmare if we're going well, particularly given the tinpot capacities. 

I have to be absolutely honest, and give huge credit to the ticket office! I travel over from Denmark regularly, to watch the Vale. And every time I've needed away tickets, they've been helpful beyond expectation, and given me incredible service! Arranging pickup at random time, at random places, to make my travel possible! Yes, I've rung up 40 times once to get through, but I've then sent them an e-mail, and they've been most helpful!

I'm a ST holder, so I'm not cutting in any lines etc. My experience with the ticket office, is just that they are really helpful, beyond what I would expect 😊

I called the Bradford ticket office last week to see if I could prepay and collect a ticket from their away ticket office/collection point.  They spoke to me like I was from another planet absolutely no joy, they didn't even mention the QR codes that are dotted around their ground so you can buy tickets.

I called the Vale ticket office this morning, 3 rings and it was answered and within a minute I had my ticket for Barrow.

12 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Out of interest what was Carlisle's allocation there on Saturday? Is 575 the absolute most they can give?

The Carlisle site said they had 112 seats (same as us) and 500 standing.  Ours says 463.  Don't know if the 500 was a rounding up.  To get an away ticket for Barrow the Carlise season ticket holders had to turn up IN PERSON!!

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The Carlisle site said they had 112 seats (same as us) and 500 standing.  Ours says 463.  Don't know if the 500 was a rounding up.  To get an away ticket for Barrow the Carlise season ticket holders had to turn up IN PERSON!!

League 2 website i frequent gives all the away attendances. Carlisle was confirmed as 612 on Saturday as you said Jacko . 

A few posts jumping to the defence of the ticket office and saying they are helpful etc. I don't think that's what's being criticised here.

The problem isn't necessarily the helpful staff who deal with your individual issues as they arise as best they can at the point in time...the problem is with the lack of planning and thought that we give this particular area every single time we have a away game where demand > supply. We never seem to learn.

It's not rocket science to know that we are going to have a tiny allocation at Barrow. Its also a new ground for us and we're up there and hitting form. It was bound to be a quick sell out. There should be a problem plan in place to handle it. I know we don't have a loyalty scheme in yet but announcing they are sale an hour after is a joke. It should of been public knowledge last week.

They can't carry on with this tinpot approach to these high demand away games. It has to be addressed even if it only happens once a season.

It's such an easy problem to solution. There are so many use cases in football already.

Get a loyalty scheme in place ASAP.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Jacko, I wonder if it’s police advice with someone letting off a smoke bomb on Saturday.? Just a thought even though I don’t think 37 would make that greater difference. However football clubs do get labelled based on fans all round behaviour 

Archived