• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

31 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I've got a hunch we will get our first penalty tonight. We can't go a full season without a couple, surely. Not sure who will take it in Conlon's absence, potentially Wilson...

Richie Bennett scored one against these a couple of seasons ago. 

Advert:

21 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Enjoy your meal tonight, I hope vale can get the 3 points. For you as well . Come on the vale . 

Nice one, thanks mate 😁👍 

• Like 2

Have to be honest i aren't that confident tonight despite all their talk of injuries...I just think when we are all confident and have a chance of doing something we always seem to blow it on the night

Really hope i am wrong though..Onwards and Upwards

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

I've got a hunch we will get our first penalty tonight. We can't go a full season without a couple, surely. Not sure who will take it in Conlon's absence, potentially Wilson...

We almost had one Saturday, had Songo’o left it a second later on Wilson. Maybe tonight then. Vale 2-1 ,with 5,356 in attendance. UTV 

So, lunch in Devon at the aptly named Claycutters arms and was having a football debate. Wearing my Vale top and hat caused a stir and one chap was predicting an Exeter 4-0 win. I told him he was talking rubbish and he asked me to return to the pub tomorrow. I declined but told him I would eat the chair he was sitting on if it was 4-0!! 
Other banter was about me taking a Devon home off a Devonian, me bringing education to the town and scoffing at their gates!!

Landlord, from Tranmere commented about Vale Park, Sproson, John Rudge!!

Hope I won't be having wood for my meal tomorrow night!

Good luck tonight guys, watching on the stream and hoping for the best. Two wins for the next two games and we are right in it.

VTID

• Like 1

Advert:

Or home fans need to make more noise singing and shouting. I think our home support has generally been poor this season.
Bristol rovers have sold 763 tickets for this game already apparently

I know the club won’t do this but I’m of the mindset we should put our foot down on the away allocation for Rovers and limit them to no more than 2000. Need to make home advantage count for us not turn it into another Walsall where it was a virtual home match for them.
As for tonight all I ask of Vale fans is if we do have a setback at some point in the game please stay with the team. We’ve shown enough we can turn things around if that happens. For what it’s worth I feel we will win by a couple of goals. Fancy Charsley to net his first for us tonight.
If they want to give us £100000 I don't think we should say no to £55000 of it. We would be better off taking the money and shutting them up with a couple of early goals.
  • Like 2

Out of work early and on train up from Brum, properly buzzing about this one, chance to put automatic promotion back in our own hands.

Looked at the table after Colchester, 13 games to go, probably needed 30-31pts, 10 wins out of 13 for automatics, no chance. Win tonight, its 18-19pts from 9 games, 5 or 6 wins out of 9, suddenly feels more doable.

Not the end of it if we don't win, but a massive step if we do.

KTF. TTP. UTV!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Bristol rovers have sold 763 tickets for this game already apparently emoji51.png

That game will require a rallying call for all Vale fans to turn up.

The Darryl Clarke Derby. 

#Do it for the gaffer.

Advert:

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Well flamin’ Covid has well and truly kyboshed my night. Hope the lads can put in a performance to get a win. I’m predicting we get a penalty tonight! Anyone know if it’s on iPlayer??

Yes it’s on ifollow 

• Thanks 1

Advert: