onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

I signed up to question why you lot thought we wanted the game off a few days ago but for some reason I couldn't question the nonsense because it took so long to get my account approved. The start of this thread is truly, truly bizarre. All of you lot getting very angry because we were going to try and say something about a Covid riddled squad. Um, we had no Covid in our team. We were short of players through injuries in one specific position, CM. But we were never going to call the game off and neither did we request it (like someone else has said) or wanted it off. You're Port Vale, not Liverpool - We weren't frightened to come here. But regarding injuries throughout the season, we've almost certainly had the most in the league. Our strikers were all injured, we bring in a loan striker in Ozzy, gets injured on his second game and then we have to bring in another one to replace him in Philips. But onto our game, just to let you know we had to recall 2 players from loan spells due to our midfield crisis. Callum Rowe couldn't even get into the Bath City squad a week ago, and we had to recall him and he went straight into the team and played out of position - he's a defender not a CM. We really did have a severely reduced squad in midfield and our main striker out injured as well. Our defence was fully fit which is why we came to play for a point and got it. Job done. You'll probably end going up, not sure why some of you are suggesting autos are gone now and suggesting play offs. You're 3 points behind 3rd placed Northampton with a game in hand and a better goal difference? Wouldn't worry about Mansfield given there away form.
I think a couple of people mentioned that tongue in cheek, but you're not a Stevenage who would cheat their own mother.

I feel we've both done well considering the injuries. Forest Green have had hardly any, which is why they are top. However, now teams are getting players back, they are not as good as perhaps the table suggests.

Exeter are always a strong team in this division but have a tendency to crumble at the crucial moment. It seems that this has been addressed and many have commented on how your defence was the best we have faced this season. You were also willing to show aggression and determination at the right times, which is a trait that many in this league don't have.

I believe it was two good teams cancelling each other out. You would probably say you would have won with a full strength team and equally with Gibbons and Conlon in our team I believe we might have won.

We're a fairy pessimistic bunch after some of the worst seasons in our history, so even though the automatics are still well within our grasp, we still feel that playoffs are more likely.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

12 hours ago, Confusion said:

I signed up to question why you lot thought we wanted the game off a few days ago but for some reason I couldn't question the nonsense because it took so long to get my account approved. The start of this thread is truly, truly bizarre. All of you lot getting very angry because we were going to try and say something about a Covid riddled squad. Um, we had no Covid in our team. We were short of players through injuries in one specific position, CM. But we were never going to call the game off and neither did we request it (like someone else has said) or wanted it off. You're Port Vale, not Liverpool - We weren't frightened to come here. But regarding injuries throughout the season, we've almost certainly had the most in the league. Our strikers were all injured, we bring in a loan striker in Ozzy, gets injured on his second game and then we have to bring in another one to replace him in Philips. But onto our game, just to let you know we had to recall 2 players from loan spells due to our midfield crisis. Callum Rowe couldn't even get into the Bath City squad a week ago, and we had to recall him and he went straight into the team and played out of position - he's a defender not a CM. We really did have a severely reduced squad in midfield and our main striker out injured as well. Our defence was fully fit which is why we came to play for a point and got it. Job done. You'll probably end going up, not sure why some of you are suggesting autos are gone now and suggesting play offs. You're 3 points behind 3rd placed Northampton with a game in hand and a better goal difference? Wouldn't worry about Mansfield given there away form.

I’m a bit late to the party here but just how many folk actually said you’d try to get the game called off?

As for your comment regarding having the most injuries in the league I’d guess that several clubs would be vying for this title and we’d be one of them.  Our team had a midfielder playing CB, 3 other CB’s out, 1 long term, the only other defender on the bench an untried youngster.  Our best midfielder out long term along with best wingback and the guy bought in to replace him in January is injured too.  Both first choice strikers returning from long term injury hence having to be subbed off early, which weakened us and in my view possibly cost us the points.  To compound matters we have out manager on long term bereavement leave.

So spare me if we have no sympathy but despite our injury problems we were the team looking to win the game rather than nick a point by spoiling and time wasting.

12 hours ago, philmpv said:
13 hours ago, werstayinup said:
I have to say this but Hall is looking like the best signing in a long time

He's good but I think signing of the season has to go to Garrity, surely?

I find it a bit bizarre that Garrity doesn't get more love on here. Thought Mal Benning was great on Tuesday, and massive thanks for the vale staff for making the hospitality great. Nephew is ardent Stoke fan, but at end of the game he said when's the next match, I'm coming with you - STRIKE ONE 🙂

20 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My league table 

Forest Green 82 points 

Exeter 78 points (goaldifference better)

Port Vale 78 points promoted (goal difference better ).

Mansfield 78 

Tranmere 76

Newport 75 Northampton 75 

Sutton 74 

Swindon 73 .

Lots of twists and turns to come think Vale can get third so got 60 now 18 points minimum from 9 games required i think we have the goals in us do it if Proctor remains fit and if Gibbons is close to returning and if Wilson shows his class which he will need to do all 9 games there's no reason why automatics cannot be achieved  .

Stones needs to have mindset 9 clean sheets .

We can do this I am sure UTV 

Cant see Bristol Rovers in your calculations; the form team in the league and our biggest threat, IMHO

3 hours ago, Osh said:

Cant see Bristol Rovers in your calculations; the form team in the league and our biggest threat, IMHO

I didn't put them because I think they will self implode and have sending offs but there a danger ok I'll give them 73 points with Swindon .lol .

To be honest I'm not sure our fans are buzzing enough make it happen .

Do not understand how some fans were trying get Darrell Clarks Black and White Army going yet fans were not joining in they should be singing that from first whistle to last .

There's seems very little excitement for the position we find ourselves in if we manage a win tomorrow .

The support just isn't there at present I think our most vocal ones are either no longer attending or unwell  

We need more from the support .

I do not understand the other week I went v Mansfield sat in railway stand as I always do to the end attacking first half fans getting behind the team tremendously second half quiet as I moved to other end , and it gave Mansfield confidence cause even though we won the game Mansfield certainly came into it more second half and on reflection were unlucky .

The fanbase (HOME )needs to show they want it more .

In my opinion obviously I have COVID so I didn't go tues but when I read the atmosphere was like  a flat pancake it displeases me  somewhat .

UTV (so my league could easily be different if the support do not do better as they must ).

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I didn't put them because I think they will self implode and have sending offs but there a danger ok I'll give them 73 points with Swindon .lol .

To be honest I'm not sure our fans are buzzing enough make it happen .

Do not understand how some fans were trying get Darrell Clarks Black and White Army going yet fans were not joining in they should be singing that from first whistle to last .

There's seems very little excitement for the position we find ourselves in if we manage a win tomorrow .

The support just isn't there at present I think our most vocal ones are either no longer attending or unwell  

We need more from the support .

I do not understand the other week I went v Mansfield sat in railway stand as I always do to the end attacking first half fans getting behind the team tremendously second half quiet as I moved to other end , and it gave Mansfield confidence cause even though we won the game Mansfield certainly came into it more second half and on reflection were unlucky .

The fanbase (HOME )needs to show they want it more .

In my opinion obviously I have COVID so I didn't go tues but when I read the atmosphere was like  a flat pancake it displeases me  somewhat .

UTV (so my league could easily be different if the support do not do better as they must ).

I think Rovers are a huge threat, very much in form and a darn good side. 

As for singing Darrell Clarks Black & White Army - think we should blast this out the moment we kick off and keep it going for as long as we possibly can.  If it stops then someone else start it up again - if you hear it then join in and dont stop.  Its our duty to get behind the team!

UTV and KTF 

Garrity is 10000% signing of the season. Can't see how it can go to anyone else (as good as others have been)
How nice is it to be debating who actually has been signing of the season, rather than a player getting it by default by not being quite as terrible as the others?

On 23/03/2022 at 12:47, Breadwinner said:

That's exactly how I saw it Smith is pedestrian at times and Worrall I couldn't understand not once did he try get past a player was just booting it anywhere most of the time not one incisive ball all night from the pair of them.

Good post and spot on 

Wozza was up against a quality fullback, their No 2 was their best player. He was their version of Gibbo , drove them forward.

I went to the 'Who's Had The Most Injuries This Season So Far?' awards last week and Vale and Exeter were joint winners. The Vale player who went to collect their trophy slipped and did his hamstring, our collector was a 16 year old who last week was playing for his school reserves team.

You were generally disappointed you didn't win, we were delighted with a point, that says all you need to know about the game. I was there and was pleased with a point, you were just about the better side overall. And thanks for giving us so much space outside the touchlines for us to kick the ball into. Wembley of the North indeed.

Yep, more likely it will end up in London Paddington station or Exmouth. I’m hoping we’re up by then anyway so we can have a last game party. Be good if you were up too, be a shame if we beat you, condemning you to another season in League 2, and you wrecked our beautiful city. Please don’t do that.

Archived