onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Exeter fans were moaning about injuries, well we had the following players out last night Lucas covolan,Aaron Martin,Chris hussey,James gibbons,Dan Jones,tom conlon,Jake Taylor and cooper wasn't on the bench either so must be injured or ill as we only named 6 subs. We probably had just as many players out as they did but we don't go crying about it and just get on with it.I doubt any team has had the injuries we have had this season as we all know we had a spell where we had all 5 strikers out at the same time and had to play a midfielder Ben garrity upfront.

As for the game draw was a fair result. Both sides defended well and created very little. Worrall didn't have a very good game so he maybe tired and need resting.

Spot on. Plus we didn't waste at least 20 minutes of the game

Advert

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Got to win the home games now. Now only are they the teams around us, but also the away fixtures aren't the best. Walsall needs to be 100000000000x better when that comes around.

A bit of fun--please don't take this too seriously, but it's at least a mathemetical attempt at something that is far more in the lap of the gods and Lady Luck!

Potentially we have 27 points available to season's end.  Realistically, with luck, we'll possibly achieve around 1.7-1.8 per game (over 37 matches so far, this actual figure is only 1.62 per game) giving us a finishing points total of around 75/76 points.

Exeter & Mansfield are the only teams to have played the same number or less games than us,  and they average 1.76 & 1.68 points respectively per game.  Taking Sutton in 8th up to Northampton in third the average for all these teams is 1.60-1.67 per game.  Applying an average of say, 1.635, to these teams and the average points as outlined above for Exeter & Mansfield, I predict that the final table will look something like this:

1.FGR;88                                                                                                                                                   2.Exeter;82                                                                                                                                           3. Mansfield;77                                                                                                                             

4.Northampton; 76                                                                                                                       5.Bristol Rov; 76                                                                                                                                6.Port Vale; 75                                                                                                                          7.Tranmere;75                                                                                                                         

Swindon;75                                                                                                                           Newport; 74                                                                                                                              Sutton;73

Anybody's guess of course--but fingers crossed!

21 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Is that 2 points dropped or a good 1 point.  Both sides tried and the last seconds we could have nicked the all the points.

Well done Vale players and staff.  Bring on saturday.

Get the win on Saturday and it will be a very good point

The intensity last night was very high.

Two teams slugging it out for 95 minutes.

It wasn't pretty, but both teams gave their all.

Crosby's comments confirm this, following a similar level at Bradford, with Proctor taking a battering.

Our back 3 looked very solid.

Benning is the player I thought we'd signed.

Wilson was excellent first half.

All the teams will be tired at the end of a long season.

There will be plenty of weird results to come...

All to play for.

Thought Exeter were superb defensively, stifled our key attacking players and 'spoiled' the game whenever possible.

Could not fault effort and we possibly shaded it, although Exeter became strong late on.

We miss either Cass or Gibbo and RWB and Jones at LWB imo.

Conlon would have added quality and a long range threat is needed in such games or from free kicks.

A little disappointed but a win on Saturday will surely elevate us into the top 7 - A position once achieved we won't give up lightly.

Would like to give a shout out to Mal Benning, I personally would have given him MOM, however Hall was a 'rock'.

UTV

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

The one last night wasn't luck. If anything it was pure spawn by Brown.  There was not a chance that was a shot. 

Brown has been pure class for us this season  - he has a very sweet left foot and scored several similar goals and a boatload of assists this season - Every Exeter fan out there would be in no doubt that he meant that 100%..There were actually no Exeter shirts to cross to..on the game , a loss would have been a bit harsh to either side and,  whilst we would have been happy for a point, i really don't think Taylor played for it. Like you, we have so many first team players out atm - didn't even have a recognised midfielder on the pitch but we did have 3 really solid CBs playing so I'm not surprised the way the game unfolded. Unexciting but absorbing game to watch I thought.. Good luck & see you at the Park !!

15 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

A bit of fun--please don't take this too seriously, but it's at least a mathemetical attempt at something that is far more in the lap of the gods and Lady Luck!

Potentially we have 27 points available to season's end.  Realistically, with luck, we'll possibly achieve around 1.7-1.8 per game (over 37 matches so far, this actual figure is only 1.62 per game) giving us a finishing points total of around 75/76 points.

Exeter & Mansfield are the only teams to have played the same number or less games than us,  and they average 1.76 & 1.68 points respectively per game.  Taking Sutton in 8th up to Northampton in third the average for all these teams is 1.60-1.67 per game.  Applying an average of say, 1.635, to these teams and the average points as outlined above for Exeter & Mansfield, I predict that the final table will look something like this:

1.FGR;88                                                                                                                                                   2.Exeter;82                                                                                                                                           3. Mansfield;77                                                                                                                             

4.Northampton; 76                                                                                                                       5.Bristol Rov; 76                                                                                                                                6.Port Vale; 75                                                                                                                          7.Tranmere;75                                                                                                                         

Swindon;75                                                                                                                           Newport; 74                                                                                                                              Sutton;73

Bristol rovers and Mansfield have a hard run of fixtures to come.

Newport are another that are in trouble with Tranmere. We're on the up-climb and others are on the downslide.

20 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

Exeter fans were moaning about injuries, well we had the following players out last night Lucas covolan,Aaron Martin,Chris hussey,James gibbons,Dan Jones,tom conlon,Jake Taylor and cooper wasn't on the bench either so must be injured or ill as we only named 6 subs. We probably had just as many players out as they did but we don't go crying about it and just get on with it.I doubt any team has had the injuries we have had this season as we all know we had a spell where we had all 5 strikers out at the same time and had to play a midfielder Ben garrity upfront.

As for the game draw was a fair result. Both sides defended well and created very little. Worrall didn't have a very good game so he maybe tired and need resting.

I signed up to question why you lot thought we wanted the game off a few days ago but for some reason I couldn't question the nonsense because it took so long to get my account approved. The start of this thread is truly, truly bizarre. All of you lot getting very angry because we were going to try and say something about a Covid riddled squad. Um, we had no Covid in our team. We were short of players through injuries in one specific position, CM. But we were never going to call the game off and neither did we request it (like someone else has said) or wanted it off. You're Port Vale, not Liverpool - We weren't frightened to come here. But regarding injuries throughout the season, we've almost certainly had the most in the league. Our strikers were all injured, we bring in a loan striker in Ozzy, gets injured on his second game and then we have to bring in another one to replace him in Philips. But onto our game, just to let you know we had to recall 2 players from loan spells due to our midfield crisis. Callum Rowe couldn't even get into the Bath City squad a week ago, and we had to recall him and he went straight into the team and played out of position - he's a defender not a CM. We really did have a severely reduced squad in midfield and our main striker out injured as well. Our defence was fully fit which is why we came to play for a point and got it. Job done. You'll probably end going up, not sure why some of you are suggesting autos are gone now and suggesting play offs. You're 3 points behind 3rd placed Northampton with a game in hand and a better goal difference? Wouldn't worry about Mansfield given there away form.

I signed up to question why you lot thought we wanted the game off a few days ago but for some reason I couldn't question the nonsense because it took so long to get my account approved. The start of this thread is truly, truly bizarre. All of you lot getting very angry because we were going to try and say something about a Covid riddled squad. Um, we had no Covid in our team. We were short of players through injuries in one specific position, CM. But we were never going to call the game off and neither did we request it (like someone else has said) or wanted it off. You're Port Vale, not Liverpool - We weren't frightened to come here. But regarding injuries throughout the season, we've almost certainly had the most in the league. Our strikers were all injured, we bring in a loan striker in Ozzy, gets injured on his second game and then we have to bring in another one to replace him in Philips. But onto our game, just to let you know we had to recall 2 players from loan spells due to our midfield crisis. Callum Rowe couldn't even get into the Bath City squad a week ago, and we had to recall him and he went straight into the team and played out of position - he's a defender not a CM. We really did have a severely reduced squad in midfield and our main striker out injured as well. Our defence was fully fit which is why we came to play for a point and got it. Job done. You'll probably end going up, not sure why some of you are suggesting autos are gone now and suggesting play offs. You're 3 points behind 3rd placed Northampton with a game in hand and a better goal difference? Wouldn't worry about Mansfield given there away form.
We are still in the mix with plenty to happen in lots of games. I am afraid Stevenage/Steve Evans antics set some nerves on edge, but your clubs reputation is very different. Sorry for any delay in your account, membership is arranged by the owner who is often busy elsewhere.

19 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

My league table 

Forest Green 82 points 

Exeter 78 points (goaldifference better)

Port Vale 78 points promoted (goal difference better ).

Mansfield 78 

Tranmere 76

Newport 75 Northampton 75 

Sutton 74 

Swindon 73 .

Lots of twists and turns to come think Vale can get third so got 60 now 18 points minimum from 9 games required i think we have the goals in us do it if Proctor remains fit and if Gibbons is close to returning and if Wilson shows his class which he will need to do all 9 games there's no reason why automatics cannot be achieved  .

Stones needs to have mindset 9 clean sheets .

We can do this I am sure UTV 

2 hours ago, Confusion said:

Your team was the most solid I've seen up Vale all season .

We just couldn't get through although I think we seemed happy with a point bit absurd if you ask me but seemed that way as we never got our game going at all .

There was a record number of throw ins in that game .

I was disappointed in our performance personally feel we have a lot more give than what we did tues you totally deserved your point make no bones about it .

Good luck for rest of season 

UTV 

2 hours ago, Confusion said:

I think that you may find that is the odd naive character that probably does think we are Liverpool. There was no doubt in my mind that the game wouldn't go ahead, neither club wants even more fixture congestion and the possibility of Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday games.

Wasn't exactly a classic but a hard fought game between two form sides. Look forward to our final game and a weekend in sunny Devon.

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

My league table 

Forest Green 82 points 

Exeter 78 points (goaldifference better)

Port Vale 78 points promoted (goal difference better ).

Mansfield 78 

Tranmere 76

Newport 75 Northampton 75 

Sutton 74 

Swindon 73 .

Lots of twists and turns to come think Vale can get third so got 60 now 18 points minimum from 9 games required i think we have the goals in us do it if Proctor remains fit and if Gibbons is close to returning and if Wilson shows his class which he will need to do all 9 games there's no reason why automatics cannot be achieved  .

Stones needs to have mindset 9 clean sheets .

We can do this I am sure UTV 

As you say, to achieve your goal of 78 points, we need to average 2 per remaining 9 games.  Even our current terrific run of being only beaten once in 14 matches has netted us 25 points in those 14 games, so less than 2 points per game.  

For obvious reasons, I sincerely hope that you're right and we do get to 78 points, but I still think realistically, that we'll end up around the 75/76 point mark.  Exciting times whatever the outcome and much better to be speculating like this rather than seeing out our remaining games stuck in mid-table!

Archived