onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Exeter were so strong and thats with players out so well done them .

9 games go 60 points got a possible 27 more .

Hope Proctor ain't injured so much of our good work comes through that lad .

On reflection a point and a clean sheet is a positive especially with us been a 5 out of 10 .

You would have thought the players would have been hitting a 7/8 out of 10 but not to be .

Amoo showed the drive necessary 👏 when he entered the fray .

So in future maybe a freshen the team up and use this excellent squad DC has assembled .

I think play offs are the aim now if won last night top 3 was on but a points neither here nor there. 

Didn't seem like 5000 Vale fans there (mind you couldn't see Lorne Street)hope they all were encouraging the team .

Sutton another 6 pointer sat they will be tough .

UTV 

Advert

Feel a bit better now that I've slept on it and looked at the table this morning.

Overall, I thought we were the better side but Exeter wanted a point and fair play they got it. We just didn't have that spark in the final third to create the clear cut chance that we needed.

Wilson was excellent again last night I thought, as was Proctor. Amoo was in the mood as well when he came on which was refreshing to see.

Worrall needs to pull his socks up asap. Also Smith, whilst excellent defensively, is getting progressively worse with the ball (who thought that was possible?!) to the point where it's embarrassing. For me, he either plays in a no nonsense centre back role in the centre, or in a back 4. I do not want to see him as a wide centre back next season. Cass, in my opinion, is our biggest miss after the January window.

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

……..Only the introduction of Amoo running at them got a very quiet and subdued crowd going………

What the hell is going on with the crowd?  We’ve been subdued for weeks now.  Decent enough numbers in for a Tuesday night but it was like a library at times.  We couldn’t even get DC’s black ‘n’ white army going in a vital match against a promotion rival.  12th man?  It was almost embarrassing that Edmonson felt the need to urge the crowd to raise the noise level near the end.  We need to do much better to support this team.

20 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

What the hell is going on with the crowd?  We’ve been subdued for weeks now.  Decent enough numbers in for a Tuesday night but it was like a library at times.  We couldn’t even get DC’s black ‘n’ white army going in a vital match against a promotion rival.  12th man?  It was almost embarrassing that Edmonson felt the need to urge the crowd to raise the noise level near the end.  We need to do much better to support this team.

The crowd were quiet but their wasn’t much happening on the pitch to get them standing and singing unlike Bradford where they really got behind the team as we were on the front foot for large parts of the game

Thoughts after the game. Exeter always a good footballing side who are there season after season but always fall away. This side had more grit and had certainly had lessons in the dark arts. I think this might be the year they make it. Was hoping for 3 points but never thought it was going to be easy, didnt see the 2-0/3-0 that some were predicting. Exeter were 2nd and on a promotion run of form, even allowing for injuries. However no worse than ours.

Probably on balance a fair result, which gave us 10 points out of 12. Rinse and repeat and promotion here we come.

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

Feel a bit better now that I've slept on it and looked at the table this morning.

Overall, I thought we were the better side but Exeter wanted a point and fair play they got it. We just didn't have that spark in the final third to create the clear cut chance that we needed.

Wilson was excellent again last night I thought, as was Proctor. Amoo was in the mood as well when he came on which was refreshing to see.

Worrall needs to pull his socks up asap. Also Smith, whilst excellent defensively, is getting progressively worse with the ball (who thought that was possible?!) to the point where it's embarrassing. For me, he either plays in a no nonsense centre back role in the centre, or in a back 4. I do not want to see him as a wide centre back next season. Cass, in my opinion, is our biggest miss after the January window.

Cass has been a huge miss. His ability to get up and down plus his defensive qualities. I'm not criticising Walker but he's no centre half. At least 3 times last night he tried pinging a long ball but it simply gave up possession.

Agree re Cass I said that the other week we miss him more than we think.  Like Walker, Smith is similar when he drifts to Right back and we try and go forward his distribution is poor.  Not a criticism as he's a CB but sadly he's no attacking right back.  Will be good if we can get a few games out of Gibbons towards the end as having him one side Benning the other we are more mobile!

2 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Agree re Cass I said that the other week we miss him more than we think.  Like Walker, Smith is similar when he drifts to Right back and we try and go forward his distribution is poor.  Not a criticism as he's a CB but sadly he's no attacking right back.  Will be good if we can get a few games out of Gibbons towards the end as having him one side Benning the other we are more mobile!

Said the same last night. We needed a Conlon or a Politic to try something different. However we didn't lose and the defence looked solid. Stone gets better every game.

Gibbo lifts the whole team and if we get him back it will be a bonus.

Smith is a defender not a passer. Our MF just couldn't get going last night.

On to Sutton where we owe them one

Got to win the home games now. Now only are they the teams around us, but also the away fixtures aren't the best. Walsall needs to be 100000000000x better when that comes around.

On 21/03/2022 at 18:14, Doha said:

Very much enjoying the thought, however unrealistic logistically, of playing out a goalless draw on the last day with Exeter to nail two automatic spots and deny Swindon a PO place…

Another throw in, would you believe it

Archived