onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Weren’t at it tonight, we had the better first half and for me they had better second, draw a fair result. 

Point not too bad - we played poorly against a good side, it puts us 1 point off play offs with a game in hand still and keeps our run going. 

Hopefully we play better against Sutton.

If only it’d dropped to Amoo right at the end.

Advert

17 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A good performance overall but I just get the nagging feeling that we may just fall short. Exeter were set on for a smash and grab away win but we failed to get the one goal that would have won it. Amoo was brilliant when he came on, Worrall was back to his attacking best and Wilson ran himself into the ground.

However we were not the threat we could have been. Charsley and Benning seemed the weak links for me, with some of Benning’s deliveries poor as were a couple of Edmonson’s late on. I feel generally we are poor at getting the ball into the box effectively  and it has been a bit of a theme, which is another reason for a lack of pens. Myrie-Williams was amazing doing this back in the day and what we’d do for his type now.  

Good point about the penalties. Without Conlon, we don't really thread it through with guile. It's all delivered from a bit deeper or more obviously.

1 minute ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Good point about the penalties. Without Conlon, we don't really thread it through with guile. It's all delivered from a bit deeper or more obviously.

It’s the reason I’m nervous about the Play-offs which I think we’ll achieve but not win, as we don’t have the nous to open up the better sides without Conlon. 

Bit deflated after that. Don't know why, as we didn't play particularly badly. Lack of guile did for us tonight. Defence sound as ever.

What on earth has happened to Worrall though. His passing and crossing has been dog dirt for a few weeks now and he seems to have lost all of his confidence.

Amazing the difference of opinions,  but that's what footballs about.

I'll agree that Worrall was dreadful. That said Caprice was very impressive. Only the introduction of Amoo running at them got a very quiet and subdued crowd going.

It's not a bad point but feels like a ' what might of been ' evening.

Onto Saturday when we beat Sutton to move into the top 7 

Proctor came out 2nd half looking like he had a knock. Was defo a convo at half time to give it 5 mins. Hopefully he can rest up & be fit for Saturday.

Caprice their LWB best player on the pitch. Strong, fast, gave Wozza real problems & one of the few in this league to get the better of him over 90 mins.

I don't think it's a bad point. Table seems to be levelling out now, 1 game in hand over the teams directly above us. If we can win that, our goal difference would see us in 3rd place. A good position to be in with 9 games remaining. 

We seem to say it every game now but the next couple are massive. Sutton on Saturday is a huge game as is Salford on the Tuesday (our game in hand)

What worries me is that there was a few who looked like they'd run out of gas tonight. Proc, Wils, Wozza, Pett, Garrity. Some key players. Hope he gives them 2 x days rest as Saturday will be a right battle against a physical Sutton side, who absolutely mugged us off down at their place. 

6 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Proctor came out 2nd half looking like he had a knock. Was defo a convo at half time to give it 5 mins. Hopefully he can rest up & be fit for Saturday.

Caprice their LWB best player on the pitch. Strong, fast, gave Wozza real problems & one of the few in this league to get the better of him over 90 mins.

I don't think it's a bad point. Table seems to be levelling out now, 1 game in hand over the teams directly above us. If we can win that, our goal difference would see us in 3rd place. A good position to be in with 9 games remaining. 

We seem to say it every game now but the next couple are massive. Sutton on Saturday is a huge game as is Salford on the Tuesday (our game in hand)

What worries me is that there was a few who looked like they'd run out of gas tonight. Proc, Wils, Wozza, Pett, Garrity. Some key players. Hope he gives them 2 x days rest as Saturday will be a right battle against a physical Sutton side, who absolutely mugged us off down at their place. 

It’s easy to say some players looked leggy or ran out of gas when they’ve had a poor game Exeter had a long trip to Oldham Saturday and again tonight I just think we struggled tonight against a good defensive side who came for a draw but at least we didn’t lose but unfortunately Sutton and Mansfield both won but we’re still in the mix 

55 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Subs killed that game for me, proctor is so important for this team. When we changed too two in the middle after Pett went off we invited them right back into it.

A good point in the cold light of day, but should be 3. We were the better team for most of it.

I thought we were much better with Amoo instead of Pett, I’d be tempted to play Amoo from the start Saturday.

19 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Agree with all this. Great post.

Archived