onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

Subs killed that game for me, proctor is so important for this team. When we changed too two in the middle after Pett went off we invited them right back into it.

A good point in the cold light of day, but should be 3. We were the better team for most of it.

Unlucky not to get that at the end done me in for 800 quid as well. Good solid point that. Even I thought although we were probably the better side. Stone was really good, man of the match for me was Benning. Thought they’re defence was really good as well. Think we needed more from charsley and Pett. We miss proctor so much when he’s not on 

They were there for the taking and came for 1 point. I thought we looked really leggy after 20 mins in the 1st half and looked like we had settled for the point early in the game. Lacked real fluidity in our play tonight.

Praying Wils and Proc are ok

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Unlucky not to get that at the end don’t me in for 800 quid as well. Good solid point that. Even I thought although we were the better side. Stone was really good, man of the match for me was Benning. Thought they’re defence was really good as well. Think we needed more from charsley and Pett 

Got to think that Charsley was signed as back up for Garrity. How far away is Jake Taylor... he'd be like a new signing now!

A good performance overall but I just get the nagging feeling that we may just fall short. Exeter were set on for a smash and grab away win but we failed to get the one goal that would have won it. Amoo was brilliant when he came on, Worrall was back to his attacking best and Wilson ran himself into the ground.

However we were not the threat we could have been. Charsley and Benning seemed the weak links for me, with some of Benning’s deliveries poor as were a couple of Edmonson’s late on. I feel generally we are poor at getting the ball into the box effectively  and it has been a bit of a theme, which is another reason for a lack of pens. Myrie-Williams was amazing doing this back in the day and what we’d do for his type now.  

Worrall played with no belief tonight he was just booting it anywhere in second half pass and move it .

It was quite boring really 0-0 about right .

There 2nd but apart from a shot which any goalie would have saved what have they done oh yeah they hit the bar with a cross .

We lacked our usual high intensity .

Apart from Amoo there was very little spark in  that game .

Must do better if top 3 is the aim .

I'd take a point though .

We need to reset and go again Sat. 

UTV 

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A good performance overall but I just get the nagging feeling that we may just fall short. Exeter were set on for a smash and grab away win but we failed to get the one goal that would have won it. Amoo was brilliant when he came on, Worrall was back to his attacking best and Wilson ran himself into the ground.

However we were not the threat we could have been. Charsley and Benning seemed the weak links for me, with some of Benning’s deliveries poor as were a couple of Edmonson’s late on. I feel generally we are poor at getting the ball into the box effectively  and it has been a bit of a theme, which is another reason for a lack of pens. Myrie-Williams was amazing doing this back in the day and what we’d do for his type now.  

I thought Benning was our best player alongside Walker and Hall personally and thought Worrall struggled against an excellent LWB, charsley really struggled I agree, Amoo was fantastic shame he couldn’t get a touch on that cross at the end 

Defenses on top resulting in a stalemate. Great save from Stone when their guy was in on goal.

Thought Stone played well again, read the game well.

A point not the end of the world, I'd have taken 10 pts out of the last 4 games every day of the week.

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I thought Benning was our best player alongside Walker and Hall personally and thought Worrall struggled against an excellent LWB, charsley really struggled I agree, Amoo was fantastic shame he couldn’t get a touch on that cross at the end 

He was very good on the ball was Benning. Great with it at his feet, going forward problem is, his crossing and deliveries into the box are not good enough for a guy on wing. For me, Worrall tried to <ovf censored> the ball into danger areas constantly, wanted it in the box and crossed better. 

Archived