onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Don’t think it will open till the Leopard is demolished unfortunately 

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Yes but also heard no mention of when its likely to reopen. Not even something as vague as 2-3 weeks.

As if match day traffic wasn't bad enough as it is!

Bristol Rovers are gobbing off about bringing 4500. If the season goes to plan Newport could be getting on for a home sell out. Imagine the chaos!

If the council had a brain they'd be aware of the closure and would be preliminarily preparing for a big park and ride coach scheme if we keep winning. They'd actually profit. 

Advert

Setting off at 3:30 to get up to the Mother Town; and what beautiful weather to drive up with.  Can't wait for tonight.

For me the situation is simple: Vale can only play what's in front of them; the team will have done their research on Exeter and, if we play good attacking football, press them from the first minute and play 3-5-3 then we should dispatch them without too much trouble.

Again, WE are a quality side, in a good seam of form, and we should fear no one.  And i've also said it before, other teams do not like coming here and playing us.

So confident play this evening, get 2 goals up my early in the second half and we can afford to bring Harrat or Amoo on to run at them like mad for the last half hour.

I've already stuck a tenner on with Ladbrokes for the win tonight.  

I'm going for it: 2-nil win to Vale

UTV and KTF

Setting off at 3:30 to get up to the Mother Town; and what beautiful weather to drive up with.  Can't wait for tonight.
For me the situation is simple: Vale can only play what's in front of them; the team will have done their research on Exeter and, if we play good attacking football, press them from the first minute and play 3-5-3 then we should dispatch them without too much trouble.
Again, WE are a quality side, in a good seam of form, and we should fear no one.  And i've also said it before, other teams do not like coming here and playing us.
So confident play this evening, get 2 goals up my early in the second half and we can afford to bring Harrat or Amoo on to run at them like mad for the last half hour.
I've already stuck a tenner on with Ladbrokes for the win tonight.  
I'm going for it: 2-nil win to Vale

UTV and KTF
If we're allowed to play 353 we'll absolutely smash them

I bet we have just as many injuries as Exeter have. Covolan Jones Taylor conlon all injured Martin and hussey missed last match aswell so there out to. So we have plenty out too they still managed win in Saturday even though they had injuries and were down to 10 men then so it's still going be a tough game. At the end of the day unless we play like we have these last 3 games and take our chances when we get them then we won't win. All the players have to keep performing for us to win.

21 minutes ago, Doha said:

Bristol Rovers are gobbing off about bringing 4500. If the season goes to plan Newport could be getting on for a home sell out. Imagine the chaos!

If the council had a brain they'd be aware of the closure and would be preliminarily preparing for a big park and ride coach scheme if we keep winning. They'd actually profit. 

I know the club won’t do this but I’m of the mindset we should put our foot down on the away allocation for Rovers and limit them to no more than 2000. Need to make home advantage count for us not turn it into another Walsall where it was a virtual home match for them.

As for tonight all I ask of Vale fans is if we do have a setback at some point in the game please stay with the team. We’ve shown enough we can turn things around if that happens. For what it’s worth I feel we will win by a couple of goals. Fancy Charsley to net his first for us tonight.

41 minutes ago, Doha said:

It's definitely got the potential to be the biggest Gas following at our place since June 3rd 1989.

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I know the club won’t do this but I’m of the mindset we should put our foot down on the away allocation for Rovers and limit them to no more than 2000. Need to make home advantage count for us not turn it into another Walsall where it was a virtual home match for them.

As for tonight all I ask of Vale fans is if we do have a setback at some point in the game please stay with the team. We’ve shown enough we can turn things around if that happens. 

Or home fans need to make more noise singing and shouting. I think our home support has generally been poor this season.

This feels like a season defining week.

4 points would be good for playoffs this week but if we can get 6 start believing.

Expecting a really tough game tonight, despite noises from Exeter about injuries and suspension. 

🤞 3 points 

Archived