onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

We lose 1000 season ticket holders for night matches for numerous reasons however its so easy to give up our season cards to a friend, relation, work colleague etc when we can't make it so it surprises me that when we are on a roll more don't turn up?

Perhaps the lack of public transport is a factor here, there are no buses at night hardly. If you know of a Vale fan who relies on public transport, please offer them a lift. UTV

18 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Perhaps the lack of public transport is a factor here, there are no buses at night hardly. If you know of a Vale fan who relies on public transport, please offer them a lift. UTV

That's a very good point as I know that you can't get a bus to Newcastle after about 7 o'clock at night. 

When I've commented I'm not criticising our fans , it just seems at a night game we do lose a big chunk. 

Last Tuesday Swindon and Stockport exceeded 8000 and Carlisle had more home fans than we did against Mansfield. 

Of course people work shifts, children's school, transport but that applies to every club. 

Be just nice to see the lads get the support their efforts merit. Other than Tranmere we haven't really had a ' wow ' gate although Bradford was excellent considering it was on sky.

I know it's years ago now but Burton and Northampton showed people will turn up . 

37 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

That's a very good point as I know that you can't get a bus to Newcastle after about 7 o'clock at night. 

When I've commented I'm not criticising our fans , it just seems at a night game we do lose a big chunk. 

Last Tuesday Swindon and Stockport exceeded 8000 and Carlisle had more home fans than we did against Mansfield. 

Of course people work shifts, children's school, transport but that applies to every club. 

Be just nice to see the lads get the support their efforts merit. Other than Tranmere we haven't really had a ' wow ' gate although Bradford was excellent considering it was on sky.

I know it's years ago now but Burton and Northampton showed people will turn up . 

There's a few issues at play here though. Swindon and Carlisle are one-club towns, and I believe both did an offer on tickets for those games. 

With regards to the Burton and Cobblers games, the former was reduced ticket prices and marketed superbly. By the time the Cobblers came to town we only needed a point for promotion, so if we couldn't fill the gaff on that day then we might as well have given up. 

I understand the calls for cheap tickets for a game or two.. but that's easy to say when we're not the ones who spent millions on buying the club. The Shanahans deserve to get their investment back ASAP and that won't happen with cutting prices. 

I'm confident we'll have a decent crowd tomorrow. 

45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Swindon average attendance is 8500+ this season. Their attendance on Tuesday was their lowest since Stevenage on the 29th December. 

Stockport have had some big attendances this season 

WWW.FOOTBALLWEBPAGES.CO.UK

Night games are more difficult full stop. It's a late night for kids who are in school. I don't make many night games as with 2 kids under 8 it isn't easy to get out midweek.

Public transport is poor, living is expensive and people probably prioritise the weekend games. I would love to get to more night games but it isn't always feasible for people.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

On 20/03/2022 at 09:48, leedsvaliant said:

Seems like they have a number of injuries in midfield and their manager reckons they might only be able to take a squad of 15. Basically, he said it was a free hit for them as he is looking to recall loan players.

I'm not sure whether that makes them more dangerous as their manager was talking quite defeatist. Dieng is out and he's a key player for them and his replacement got sent off, so their midfield looks lighter. Brown is one to watch.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Exeter have always been a decent footballing side but they seem to fall away at the end. Hope the decline  starts tomorrow night.

Guest Vale at home
5 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Exeter have always been a decent footballing side but they seem to fall away at the end. Hope the decline  starts tomorrow night.

Yes so do I . Vale need a win tomorrow night. To keep vale in the Promotion race . Good luck Vale 3 points please . 

23 hours ago, philmpv said:

Only change for me for this one would be Martin back in for Walker, injuries permitting. Benning deserves to keep his place for now. I'd also take Worrall out on his recent form if Gibbons was fit, but barring that I wouldn't drop Worrall as I can't see who his replacement would be

Wilson was limping after the game on Saturday - hope he is fit for tomorrow

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Well said .  Thank you Tommy . know 4 or 5 people that don’t come to the Vale a night match . As the Bus they can get from May Bank to Burslem. The Last Bus  from Newcastle to Burslem. Ends at 5-00 pm - 5- 30 pm .   And that there Last Bus . And NO BUS home again . Please look after our vale fans that can not Drive . due to illness or  money . 

55 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Well said .  Thank you Tommy . know 4 or 5 people that don’t come to the Vale a night match . As the Bus they can get from May Bank to Burslem. The Last Bus  from Newcastle to Burslem. Ends at 5-00 pm - 5- 30 pm .   And that there Last Bus . And NO BUS home again . Please look after our vale fans that can not Drive . due to illness or  money . 

Would it work if we put a free bus on from Castle to vale and back to castle stopping at wolstanton and may bank both ways?  If vale wouldn’t fund it we could crowd fund it it can’t cost that much surely? 

Archived