onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

Only change for me for this one would be Martin back in for Walker, injuries permitting. Benning deserves to keep his place for now. I'd also take Worrall out on his recent form if Gibbons was fit, but barring that I wouldn't drop Worrall as I can't see who his replacement would be

If it’s called off then Vale should be up in arms considering all the games we’ve played with so many injuries. Can’t just say covid when it’s other reasons and that should be scrutinised. If it’s a tactic, it’s not only very low and snakey it’s also the sort of decision which could have a massive knock-on effect on who gets promoted.

The thing about Kettle is that you never know which of the two teams he's going to defecate on the most.

I've seen him give us a soft penalty against Cambridge for a foul on Ricky Miller on the first day fo the season a few years ago. And obviously he sent off that Crawley lad earlier in the season.

Even that time he did his best to get Forest Green back into the game a couple of years ago, we still just about hung on.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Times are hard. Impending tax rises for us all. Two homes in a week is a big cost to people. Can't help thinking we could of done a double header ticket for say 30 quid . 

Let's hope we get a better turnout than against Mansfield. The players are doing their part. 

It's a massive game now , really pivotal week coming up.

Come on you cheeky whites. 

They wouldn't be able do it because originally this fixture was supposed be played on 21st Dec so folk may have already brought tickets for this game .

However moving forwards you could have a 

A admission to the ground in memory of C Holland and all the other Valiants lost over the past year/years say 10 pounds a ticket for a game in future etc .

Be honest I'd love the support come out but we seemed to have lost a lot to covid and people just do not seem to be coming which is a shame but I just appreciate those who do go but cannot see a big crowd especially on a tues .

Probably 4300 Vale there tues  and 5500 sat unfortunately luckily we have a team who can play well with whatever amount turns up 

UTV  .

Ten games go on 59 points we only got 60 last campaign altogether. 

There's every chance Vale can get 6 wins out of 10 I think 22 points out of 30 gives us promotion in top 3  especially if beat Exeter twice Bristol Rovers Newport County and Sutton amongst those games .

UTV 

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Only change for me for this one would be Martin back in for Walker, injuries permitting. Benning deserves to keep his place for now. I'd also take Worrall out on his recent form if Gibbons was fit, but barring that I wouldn't drop Worrall as I can't see who his replacement would be

Gibons isn’t ready yet, probably another 2-3 weeks and Taylor on his way back

I can see why like stated we can’t reduce the prices against Exeter but there was no reason why we couldn’t against Sutton they will only bring 150 at best and times are hard for a lot of folk and it’s another mega important game better to have 7000 home fans than 5000 shouting the boys on 

If it’s called off then Vale should be up in arms considering all the games we’ve played with so many injuries. Can’t just say covid when it’s other reasons and that should be scrutinised. If it’s a tactic, it’s not only very low and snakey it’s also the sort of decision which could have a massive knock-on effect on who gets promoted.

In fairness the ban has to be served regardless and looks like the others are fairly longer term so probably wouldn’t benefit them to call it off much.

Noumbe is out for the season and the other couple of done hammys I think. Big chance for us to take advantage and if anyone deserves a chance it’s us after the ridiculous crisis we had in December.

Guest Vale at home
7 hours ago, Osh said:

Just stood in the queue at Orly to come home and reading this. Defo coming up for the Exeter game and the Sutton game (my Mrs is well pleased!)

Going to have to watch the rest of the season on iFollow as I'm having a big Op on my knee so can't drive.

Treat every game as a cup final. We should fear no one.

Let's go Vale!!!

KTF

Well said . Hope you get well soon after your OP. . Good Luck . . And return to vale park as soon as possible. 

28 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Well said . Hope you get well soon after your OP. . Good Luck . . And return to vale park as soon as possible. 

Cheers m8. Hoping to be fit enough that a couple of my mates are going to drop by my place and pick me up to go to the last game of the season at Exeter. 

Otherwise I'll be renewing my season ticket for next season for defo 👍

Article suggests Exeter have only 16 fit players and only 1 fit midfield player. Analysis is needed on how they will respond to that. Can they fill midfield with converted players to keep formation? Will they go all out attack with say 424? Can they play 523? Will they park the bus with a pile of defenders? To state the obvious if we can beat Exeter and Sutton Utd we are very well placed indeed, provided we avoid injuries and suspensions ourselves.

On the concept of postponement being dreamed up by Exeter, I don't perceive them to be a club that would con. Might I suggest Crawley, Stevenage and Swindon would. But if they do try to call off, Port Vale have a card which is this is a catch up game because all our games got called off in December. So there is sporting unfairness in it being postponed and our having to play more games later in the season. I guess if it is called off then it helps our injured players get back, but I don't feel the loss of momentum is worth that. 

There is a cost to spectators as well. I need to use public transport and hotel to go to a Tuesday night game. I can't get back the train fare and if it gets postponed on Monday, I don't think I can cancel the hotel. So it should not be casually postponed for those reasons. I suspect Exeter fans would also be significantly inconvenienced. 

Archived