The run in

It would put us up because say Exeter drew Barrow then lost to Northampton that would -1 at best to their GD and us beating Newport would +1 ours and then we beat Exeter would -1 but +1 ours so we’d have the better GD by 1 assuming all results were by a 1 goal margin.
Well done for figuring that out! Things like that make my head hurt! Talk about fine margins
  • Haha 1

Advert:

Well done for figuring that out! Things like that make my head hurt! Talk about fine margins

Come on Barrow!

Would at least mean we could relax about the result next Saturday.

Would be a right humdinger last game that if the scenario played up that way.
  • Like 1

Come on Barrow!

Would at least mean we could relax about the result next Saturday.

Would be a right humdinger last game that if the scenario played up that way.
Exactly. And if the shower of sh!te we had last season could beat them at their place (a team including Whitehead and Mills) then this one certainly can

4 hours ago, jeffers said:

Don’t want to dampen spirits but Exeter could be going for top spot. They may destroy us or crack under pressure 

KTF stay positive 

I am very positive let Exeter beat Northampton we beat Newport and we are up, only Bristol Rover can beat us to second, third would do. E fine: let the players rest and get on with, end all negativity now!!!

• Like 1

Advert:

21 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Exeter will be up and hopefully pi55ed up by the time we go there.

Sadly the play offs looking more likely ATM.....

Being that the case we must finish 4th or 5th which gives the advantages of the second leg at HOME....

23 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

I am very positive let Exeter beat Northampton we beat Newport and we are up, only Bristol Rover can beat us to second, third would do. E fine: let the players rest and get on with, end all negativity now!!!

So, following the results above we are 2 points ahead of Northampton with 1 game each to play. Unless we revert to 2 points per win that does not mean we are up....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

So, following the results above we are 2 points ahead of Northampton with 1 game each to play. Unless we revert to 2 points per win that does not mean we are up....

Yeah in that scenario we would need a point at Exeter to confirm it baring a large swing in goal difference.

If we beat Newport by one goal and Exeter beat Northampton by one goal then that would create a situation where a draw for us at Exeter would require Northampton to win by 4 goals to overtake us. If the margin is greater in either of those games then that makes it another goal they would need.

My head hurts....

Edited by fuzzyvalefan
  • Like 2

Yeah in that scenario we would need a point at Exeter to confirm it baring a large swing in goal difference.
If we beat Newport by one goal and Exeter beat Northampton by one goal then that would create a situation where a draw for us at Exeter would require Northampton to win by 4 goals to overtake us. If the margin is greater in either of those games then that makes it another goal they would need.
My head hurts....

4 points would put us on 79, but if Brizzle win both of their games they would be on 80.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rodge said:

4 points would put us on 79, but if Brizzle win both of their games they would be on 80.

Ah I hadn't considered the Bristol Rovers factor. Better go for the two wins then. Either way we will know what we need to do come the Exeter game.

Certainly easier for Crosby if we need a win. If we only need a point then you have to decide do we play the normal go for the win or do you park the bus and do a job on them for the point. Are we good enough at the back to do that? Not sure.

Edited by fuzzyvalefan

50 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Ah I hadn't considered the Bristol Rovers factor. Better go for the two wins then. Either way we will know what we need to do come the Exeter game.

Certainly easier for Crosby if we need a win. If we only need a point then you have to decide do we play the normal go for the win or do you park the bus and do a job on them for the point. Are we good enough at the back to do that? Not sure.

No. Always feel more comfortable if we're defending by playing in the opposition's half.

PS. There's also the Mansfield factor...

52 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

At the moment we are not good enough attacking wise or defensively !

It will batter your head thinking about it all.

I think Mansfield go level with us tomorrow if/when they beat Stevenage. 

Bristol have Scunthorpe yet so guaranteed one win. 

What will be will be but I don't think 4 would be enough even were Northampton to drop points against Exeter 

• Confused 1

Advert: