• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

The run in

Advert:

Two things from me.
First is we have struggled to beat the top teams at home and so missing out on the so called 6 pointers.
We have not beaten FG, Northampton, Bristol, Exeter, Swindon, Tranmere or Salford. We have to Buck the trend and beat Newport.
Second point is sorry to say Rovers don't look like they will drop another point in which case we need to get 7 points. I think the other chasing clubs will drop points somewhere..

If Bristol win 5 games in a row at the end of the season then you hold your hands up. I still think they will drop points in the last 3 games. I'd be amazed if more than 81 points would be required for 3rd place. Results never pan out how you expect them to. That's why it's so hard to win on accumulators beyond 2 or 3 results. Anything can happen in one off matches...sendings off, penalties, injuries to key players, lucky deflections. The expected scenario will probably be completely different to the reality.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

If Bristol win 5 games in a row at the end of the season then you hold your hands up. I still think they will drop points in the last 3 games. I'd be amazed if more than 81 points would be required for 3rd place. Results never pan out how you expect them to. That's why it's so hard to win on accumulators beyond 2 or 3 results. Anything can happen in one off matches...sendings off, penalties, injuries to key players, lucky deflections. The expected scenario will probably be completely different to the reality.

We won 8 in 9, Exeter won 7 in 8, these runs often happen at this stage of season, I believe the match for Bristol against Forest Green is crucial this weekend and really hope that the FGR team that played at Barrow recently is not on show.  Their last 2 matches against Rochdale and Scunthorpe who have nothing play for I could see them winning comfortably.  Anyway regardless of what they do, as long as we get the 7 points, it won't matter.

31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I agree I think two more wins will be enough and it would require Bristol or Northampton to win all their remaining games to overhaul us. Bristol still have FGR at home and Rochdale away  (who are a good home team) and Northampton still have improving Orient away and Exeter at home. There won’t be any gimmes at this stage of the season with all the pressure that’s building.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

THINK I am right in saying FGR are UP with just a point at the Gas........

SURELY they will be up for it on Saturday if so....

That’s correct, and I think they have sorted themselves after losing a few games. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

Forest Green up already unless there is a 17 goal swing in the last 3 games.

• Thanks 1

Guest Vale at home
On 16/04/2022 at 09:14, philmpv said:
On 16/04/2022 at 08:53, Howjy04 said:
This.Cash in the hand is always better than ‘maybe ‘ cash.

A lesson I've learned the hard way after many years as a compulsive gambler! Thankfully behind me now

Congratulations Well Done .  It must have been a very hard thing for you to do . I am pleased for you . 

It’s hard to call isn’t it? Come 5pm Saturday we could be out the top 3 or on the verge of promotion if we win and Rovers/Cobblers/Sutton drop points.

Ultimately though do our job it’s irrelevant what anyone else does.

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

I'm hoping FGR will be more than up for Saturday for two reasons. 

1. They can secure promotion with a good result

2. Along with Swindon its the nearest they have to a derby. Not that they really have enough history for rivalry but they still would like some bragging rights.

• Like 2

Advert:

3 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Forest Green up already unless there is a 17 goal swing in the last 3 games.

That's my worry, they are all but mathematically up anyway. They would have to lose all 4, other teams win all 3, and even then turn around a huge GD deficit. 

But , as posted, it is a local derby, with hopefully a large away following.  Then they may want the title badly after last season 

17 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Is anywhere offering odds on us not being promoted?

I need to place an insurance bet, my blood pressure can't hack this!

We're 2/5 TO go up so NOT to go up will be circa 1/1....

• Like 1

Advert:

Saturday April 23

Bristol R v FGR

Tuesday 26

Swindon v FGR

Saturday 30

Northampton v Exeter

Monday May 2

Salford v Mansfield 12.30

Vale v Newport 3pm

Saturday May7

Mansfield v FGR

Exeter v Vale.

On 20/04/2022 at 08:23, Hoppers said:

Iv heard as many as 50 😇

You can’t count playing staff, as they don’t pay entry.

• Haha 2