• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

The run in

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Perfect thread for this as Mansfield are in the mix.

So Steve Evans takes over at Stevenage on Wednesday and his first words are "I wish I could spend a week to work with the lads but we playing this weekend"

24 hours later Stevenage have a squad full of covid and their game at Mansfield is called off. !!!

What a crook..

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Advert:

10 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

Brilliant result Newport losing 3-2 at home to Hartlepool tonight, 

Wonder if the Newport fans forum has self combusted about how crap they are and aren't good enough 🤔 

• Like 1

Advert:

33 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

Depends if they had been crap for months before last night. 

We really haven't though have we. We've stuttered and muddled our way through, terrible injury disruption , DC tragedy, .

To say we've been crap is simply not right. The only crap performance was Colchester. 

Salford, Harrogate, Rochdale were all frustrating on similar levels but not crap. 

My comment was tongue in cheek but God forbid we don't win today this place will implode again. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Perfect thread for this as Mansfield are in the mix.

So Steve Evans takes over at Stevenage on Wednesday and his first words are "I wish I could spend a week to work with the lads but we playing this weekend"

24 hours later Stevenage have a squad full of covid and their game at Mansfield is called off. !!!

What a crook..

Mansfield could easily be undone by the fixture pile up.

• Like 1

I posted this on Feb 13th after the Northampton game.

”I said before the game that I thought DC would revert back to his 5 at the back, to nullify Northampton’s aerial threat. That’s ok, but when Northampton started to “lose” the second half, time-wasting etc. we then should surely have gone after the win. Instead his subs were all like for like for me. At Carlisle we had 3 up front allowing JW to play the 10 role, yesterday Willo and Ryan were just never together as a pairing, neither looked threatening.

That said, after a miserable day yesterday and a pretty dismal day outside today, just have a look at the facts below.image.png.1a675c517e9c4a94c45274d8d6bcdabe.png

If we can average 2 points a game from the remaining 18 games, 80 points should certainly see us in the play-offs with an outside chance of automatics. We’ve had our bad spell pre-Xmas, now with JP & JW back together I am confident we can do it.

Keep the faith.”

From then through to today we are only 1 point short of the two points per game average. Keep this going and we will be somewhere near the 80 point mark.

Top three definitely a possibility.

• Like 3

Advert:

About 4 weeks ago Bristol Rovers fans were stating on their forum that they had exactly the same points and games played as Bolton last season and that a run would move them from 10th to 2nd. !

They are still on track. !! 😪

The super (take it with a pinch of salt) computer for league 2 which takes games in hand, current form, how teams have played in the corresponding fixture etc.
We are finishing 4th....!
The key is the 2 games with Exeter on whether we make the top 3, based on possible points which is my rough way of doing it with 10 games to go.

Next 4 games look a lot more winnable than the last 5 for me. Home games v Sutton & Oldham (both of whom we owe big time from reverse fixtures) then Salford & Barrow away. Nothing to be afraid of. If we could bag 3 wins from the 4 it would be massive.

The last 5 looks tough, Pools away with their fantastic home record, Walsall away (resurgent Walsall), Exeter away last game who we saw last night are a tough nut to crack. Home games v Brizzle Rovers (flying) and Newport who are up there with us. Tough last 5. But all in our hands, nobody will look forward to playing against us.

I predict we will finish on 72 points & I can see goal difference playing a part. Hopefully that will be enough to get us into that top 7. Without being overly negative I do think it's a season we'll look back on & think what if... 

It's so tight at the top & we've bottled it on a few occasions this season. Sutton, Oldham, Rochdale. 6 points thrown away if you accept a draw at Sutton, the other 2 should have been victories. We'd be up in 2nd place with a game in hand on most below us. Massive moments in the season. 

Cautious predictions below:

Sutton - Draw

Barrow - Win

Salford - Draw

Oldham - Win

Hartlepool - Lose

Bristol Rovers - Draw

Walsall - Lose

Newport - Win

Exeter - Lose

Advert:

Posted (edited)
On 23/03/2022 at 08:07, ValeForever. said:

Next 4 games look a lot more winnable than the last 5 for me. Home games v Sutton & Oldham (both of whom we owe big time from reverse fixtures) then Salford & Barrow away. Nothing to be afraid of. If we could bag 3 wins from the 4 it would be massive.

The last 5 looks tough, Pools away with their fantastic home record, Walsall away (resurgent Walsall), Exeter away last game who we saw last night are a tough nut to crack. Home games v Brizzle Rovers (flying) and Newport who are up there with us. Tough last 5. But all in our hands, nobody will look forward to playing against us.

I predict we will finish on 72 points & I can see goal difference playing a part. Hopefully that will be enough to get us into that top 7. Without being overly negative I do think it's a season we'll look back on & think what if... 

It's so tight at the top & we've bottled it on a few occasions this season. Sutton, Oldham, Rochdale. 6 points thrown away if you accept a draw at Sutton, the other 2 should have been victories. We'd be up in 2nd place with a game in hand on most below us. Massive moments in the season. 

Cautious predictions below:

Sutton - Draw

Barrow - Win

Salford - Draw

Oldham - Win

Hartlepool - Lose

Bristol Rovers - Draw

Walsall - Lose

Newport - Win

Exeter - Lose

Wow don't be too positive anyone would think you do not believe in the Vale going by them predictions here's mine. 

Sutton win 

Barrow win 

Salford win 

Oldham win 

Hartlepool win 

Bristol Rovers win 

Walsall draw 

Newport draw 

Exeter draw .

81 points with with goal difference will get us up  .No defeats 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Wow don't be too positive anyone would think you do not believe in the Vale going by them predictions here's mine. 

Sutton win 

Barrow win 

Salford win 

Oldham win 

Hartlepool win 

Bristol Rovers win 

Walsall draw 

Newport draw 

Exeter draw .

81 points with with goal difference will get us up  .No defeats 

by gum,theyt optimistic.hope your right!😉