The run in

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Fair play to Exeter. Have spent years knocking on the door and deservedly done the job this season.

Only positive from tonight’s results is that Sutton’s win has finished Newport’s chances of top 7 so the game on Monday is a dead rubber for them.

Edited by saintvaliant

Posted (edited)

Mansfield securing the win with a 2nd.

We’ll need to win our last two. One of Northampton, Mansfield, and Bristol Rovers will. 4 points won’t be enough.

We need a monumental turnaround in form from the last two. We have a game on TV with high pressure, and then a team who could be on for the title. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Advert:

Don't get all the despondency on here. We were always going to have to win the last 2 games if we were to get in the automatics. You can't fanny about working out permutations and what other teams can do, we need to string 2 final wins together.

• Like 3

I hate to say this and I don't want to criticise, but it's all down to mental strength now and I fear we have a soft underbelly, I could be wrong but it seems we come unstuck in all the "Big games" 

Prove me wrong and win the next 2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Don't get all the despondency on here. We were always going to have to win the last 2 games if we were to get in the automatics. You can't fanny about working out permutations and what other teams can do, we need to string 2 final wins together.

Think a bigger worry is other playoff teams arriving in form. 

• Like 1

Just now, blackdog said:

I hate to say this and I don't want to criticise, but it's all down to mental strength now and I fear we have a soft underbelly, I could be wrong but it seems we come unstuck in all the "Big games" 

Most of the last 10 have been 'big games' and we won the vast majority of those.

• Like 1

Advert:

TBH I'm disappointed that the results have gone how they have 

On the other hand,we have 2 days rest on Exeter,Swindle,FGR and Sutton 

It was only ever going to end up with us needing to beat Newport anyway so nothing has changed 

Hopefully one or two results go for us on Saturday...all of the teams around us can't win! 

Let's all try to be positive 

Two games left

• Like 1

Well we'll just have to win the last 2 and hopefully give them a cheery wave on our way up. 
Exeter draw at Cobblers, we beat Newport and Exeter, job done, doesn't matter if Cobblers win at Barrow.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I have to say I agree.

Advert:

It is what it is. We can’t control other teams results, so why worry about it? Win our two remaining games and there’s a great chance in us going up automatically, that hasn’t changed. If we don’t win them then we don’t deserve to finish in the top three. 

As others have said, my biggest worry is I’m not sure we’re a team for the big games. We’ve crumbled a few times this season. 

Time to prove yourselves lads.

• Like 1

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

Most of the last 10 have been 'big games' and we won the vast majority of those.

4 points off FGR 

1 from 1 Exeter 

1 from Northampton 

4 from Mansfield 

3 from Brizzle 

3 from Sutton 

3 from Swindle 

3 from Salford

4 from Tranmere 

26 points from 17 games 7 5 5 

I think we've dropped too many points against lesser teams 

Only Walsall have beaten us twice 

Let's try to focus on Newport and see where we are after that game

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

If scores stay the same in League One, they'll be going in to the final day like this

4 Plymouth 45 25 80
5 Sunderland 45 24 80
6 Sheff Wed 45 24 80

7 Wycombe 45 23 80

Incredible that 83 points might not be enough for the playoffs in L1.

Last year it took 81 points to be promoted in 2nd (Blackpool finished 3rd with 80).