onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The run in

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Two things from me.

First is you we have struggled to beat the top teams at home and so missing out on the so called 6 pointers.

We have not beaten FG, Northampton, Bristol, Exeter, Swindon, Tranmere or Salford. We have to Buck the trend and beat Newport.

Second point is sorry to say Rovers don't look like they will drop another point in which case we need to get 7 points. I think the other chasing clubs will drop points somewhere..

Thats been my concern, I'm happier playing Walsall away than Newport at home, our big pitch seem to suit the better sides, whereas teams with tight pitches and grounds can make it really difficult for the away side.

If any club deserves to go up in this division I would argue it's us, what with he who must not be mentioned very nearly killing us and would have done if it hadn't been for the actions of the magnificent supporters groups, then Carol and Kevin coming along and transforming the club beyond all recognition on and importantly off the pitch, the community work is staggering and then DC's tragic loss surely the football Gods will smile on us.

Advert

8 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Thats been my concern, I'm happier playing Walsall away than Newport at home, our big pitch seem to suit the better sides, whereas teams with tight pitches and grounds can make it really difficult for the away side.

If any club deserves to go up in this division I would argue it's us, what with he who must not be mentioned very nearly killing us and would have done if it hadn't been for the actions of the magnificent supporters groups, then Carol and Kevin coming along and transforming the club beyond all recognition on and importantly off the pitch, the community work is staggering and then DC's tragic loss surely the football Gods will smile on us.

In fairness to Brizzle Rovers, they have not conceded more than one goal now over 15 matches--that's impressive & tight defending and suggests that they're not likely to drop many points over their next 3 games.

For me, how I see it and I hope I am wrong but I think we will need the 7 points to get automatic promotion and I honestly think we will win the next 2 games, Exeter is the one for me I am worried about.  I believe Northampton will drop points on Saturday and against Exeter, not really worried about them but Bristol and Sutton are the teams I am worried about.  I think a couple of massive games this weekend, Bristol at home to Forest Green and Sutton away at Barrow.  If both win, the remaining 2 games for Bristol are Rochdale and Scunthorpe and Sutton would have 3 teams with nothing play for in Bradford, Crawley and Harrogate.  I could see one of these teams winning those games left.

Two things from me.
First is we have struggled to beat the top teams at home and so missing out on the so called 6 pointers.
We have not beaten FG, Northampton, Bristol, Exeter, Swindon, Tranmere or Salford. We have to Buck the trend and beat Newport.
Second point is sorry to say Rovers don't look like they will drop another point in which case we need to get 7 points. I think the other chasing clubs will drop points somewhere..

If Bristol win 5 games in a row at the end of the season then you hold your hands up. I still think they will drop points in the last 3 games. I'd be amazed if more than 81 points would be required for 3rd place. Results never pan out how you expect them to. That's why it's so hard to win on accumulators beyond 2 or 3 results. Anything can happen in one off matches...sendings off, penalties, injuries to key players, lucky deflections. The expected scenario will probably be completely different to the reality.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

9 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

If Bristol win 5 games in a row at the end of the season then you hold your hands up. I still think they will drop points in the last 3 games. I'd be amazed if more than 81 points would be required for 3rd place. Results never pan out how you expect them to. That's why it's so hard to win on accumulators beyond 2 or 3 results. Anything can happen in one off matches...sendings off, penalties, injuries to key players, lucky deflections. The expected scenario will probably be completely different to the reality.

We won 8 in 9, Exeter won 7 in 8, these runs often happen at this stage of season, I believe the match for Bristol against Forest Green is crucial this weekend and really hope that the FGR team that played at Barrow recently is not on show.  Their last 2 matches against Rochdale and Scunthorpe who have nothing play for I could see them winning comfortably.  Anyway regardless of what they do, as long as we get the 7 points, it won't matter.

31 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I agree I think two more wins will be enough and it would require Bristol or Northampton to win all their remaining games to overhaul us. Bristol still have FGR at home and Rochdale away  (who are a good home team) and Northampton still have improving Orient away and Exeter at home. There won’t be any gimmes at this stage of the season with all the pressure that’s building.

Guest Vale at home
On 16/04/2022 at 09:14, philmpv said:
On 16/04/2022 at 08:53, Howjy04 said:
This.Cash in the hand is always better than ‘maybe ‘ cash.

A lesson I've learned the hard way after many years as a compulsive gambler! Thankfully behind me now

Congratulations Well Done .  It must have been a very hard thing for you to do . I am pleased for you . 

1 hour ago, sheffield61 said:

THINK I am right in saying FGR are UP with just a point at the Gas........

SURELY they will be up for it on Saturday if so....

I'm hoping FGR will be more than up for Saturday for two reasons. 

1. They can secure promotion with a good result

2. Along with Swindon its the nearest they have to a derby. Not that they really have enough history for rivalry but they still would like some bragging rights.

3 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Forest Green up already unless there is a 17 goal swing in the last 3 games.

That's my worry, they are all but mathematically up anyway. They would have to lose all 4, other teams win all 3, and even then turn around a huge GD deficit. 

But , as posted, it is a local derby, with hopefully a large away following.  Then they may want the title badly after last season 

Archived