Hartlepool Away 

Bristol Rovers Home 

Walsall Away 

Newport Home 

Exeter Away 

All to play for some smashing games to come at Vale park  

The away games are going be pivotal .

33 points play for  

I feel Vale will get 25 to 26 will that be enough for top 3 (81 to 82 points )but no reason why cannot get 29 to 30 as some real big games coming up all the Home ones mouthwatering .

UTV 

7 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Bradford Away 

Exeter home

Sutton Home 

Barrow Away 

Salford Away

Oldham Home 

Hartlepool Away 

Bristol Rovers Home 

Walsall Away 

Newport Home 

Exeter Away 

All to play for some smashing games to come at Vale park  

The away games are going be pivotal .

33 points play for  

I feel Vale will get 25 to 26 will that be enough for top 3 (71 to 72 points )but no reason why cannot get 29 to 30 as some real big games coming up all the Home ones mouthwatering .

UTV 

Maths are needed 🙂  25 points would give us 81, but its either early or you have had a long day UTV

1 minute ago, ginginator said:

Maths are needed 🙂  25 points would give us 81, but its either early or you have had a long day UTV

Oh yeah that should be good enough for top 3 ..

Just woke up night off work last night .

Maths is usually me strong point.

Come on Vale it's very doable .

Proctors going be scoring some big goals soon and the team is a team so anyone can get them important goals in the squad to get us up to over 80 points 

UTV  

Just had me lunch and watch EFL Goals on Quest from Tuesday nights games.

Said it yesterday and I’ll say it again today; I don’t think we’ve got anyone in this league or in our remaining games to fear.

Bradford: I think these are beatable – 3 points
Exeter, who were my biggest worry, looked very shaky on Tuesday night and were at home - only just beat Crawley. 3 points
Sutton: with a handful of key players out injured (sound familiar!) are having problems; we win and 3 points
Barrow: no great threat, should be 3 points
Salford: same – should be 3 points (and we owe them!)
Oldham: look like relegated already, should be 3 points
Hartlepool: shouldn’t cause a problem – 3 points..?
Bristol Rovers: good side, we played well at their place, still think we can beat them but let’s say it’s a draw 1 point
Walsall: playing with confidence but beatable in my book – and I’d love us to! 3 points
Newport: another good side but they seemed to wobble a bit the other night against Carlisle – lets say 1 point
Exeter: away, again, I don’t see us losing, so lets say 1 point

So, 56 points right now – the above tally, if it comes off, in my mind gives us another 27 making 83 points in total.

I don't see us losing again this season.
That should defo see us in the play-off’s if not 3rd (maybe second).
FGR are Champions in my book.

Again, we should fear absolutely no one.  Add to that I know of no team that wants to come and play us; from everything I hear and read most teams respect us as a tough team to play against.  

So, for me, its all still to play for.  If we play with confidence and we play intelligent attacking football, we’ll possibly go up automatically – at worst we’ll be in the play-off’s…

UTV and KTF 

40 minutes ago, Osh said:

Just had me lunch and watch EFL Goals on Quest from Tuesday nights games.

Said it yesterday and I’ll say it again today; I don’t think we’ve got anyone in this league or in our remaining games to fear.

Bradford: I think these are beatable – 3 points
Exeter, who were my biggest worry, looked very shaky on Tuesday night and we’re at home - only just beat Crawley. 3 points
Sutton: with a handful of key players out injured (sound familiar!) are having problems; we win and 3 points
Barrow: no great threat, should be 3 points
Salford: same – should be 3 points (and we owe them!)
Oldham: look like relegated already, should be 3 points
Hartlepool: shouldn’t cause a problem – 3 points..?
Bristol Rovers: good side, we played well at their place, still think we can beat them but let’s say it’s a draw 1 point
Walsall: playing with confidence but beatable in my book – and I’d love us to! 3 points
Newport: another good side but they seemed to wobble a bit the other night against Carlisle – lets say 1 point
Exeter: away, again, I don’t see us losing, so lets say 1 point

So, 56 points right now – the above tally, if it comes off, in my mind gives us another 27 making 83 points in total.

I don't see us losing again this season.
That should defo see us in the play-off’s if not 3rd (maybe second).
FGR are Champions in my book.

Again, we should fear absolutely no one.  Add to that I know of no team that wants to come and play us; from everything I hear and read most teams respect us as a tough team to play against.  

So, for me, its all still to play for.  If we play with confidence and we play intelligent attacking football, we’ll possibly go up automatically – at worst we’ll be in the play-off’s…

UTV and KTF 

Would be great but surprising if don't lose again this season. 

few twists to come I think 

On 16/03/2022 at 10:32, 1 said:

This is how I see it.

If it's wrong then don't blame me, have you seen how many calculations I'd have to check?

image.thumb.png.16cadfa5a7539474749756b5718acfd6.png

Can't disagree.  My earlier postings with far less scientific workings, utilising points per game so far this season as a rule of thumb, shows like you, the last play-off place (7th) is likely to be between Bristol Rovers, Sutton Utd and the Vale.  It's going to be tight whichever way the stats are constructed.

However, stats can never take into account upsets, injuries nor most importantly of all, how the 'top 8' versus 'top 8' matches turn out--there are literally a number of '6-pointer' matches ahead of many of the top teams and the results of these will be absolutely crucial to the end of season league positions. One thing's for certain, the next few weeks ain't gonna be boring--up the Vale!

From our point of view a big slice of luck wouldn’t go amiss, at both ends of the pitch and of course no more injuries.  As well as we played Tuesday, we had a couple of those moments that, on this occasion, went for us.

At this stage there are too many factors to really predict the likely outcome in terms of the final league table.  Pressure, coupled with loss of form, can play a huge part in the run in.  Maybe that’s what’s happened at FGR, who knows?  Also injuries and suspensions will still bite.  Some players will have played a lot of minutes out of necessity.  One other factor is the pitches improving as we move further into spring, which should allow a little bit more football to be played, hopefully suiting teams such as ourselves.

23 hours ago, soothsayer said:

I think 7 wins or 6 wins and a couple of draws would see us safely in the top 7. No easy but possible. 

I agree, I think we could get it with 6 wins. 18 points will put us on 74 points which has been enough for the last play off spot for the last several seasons excluding the curtailed one.

6 wins from 11 is more than possible on current form. Normally I'd be looking at who we have and be concerned about certain clubs, but whether its Oldham or Bristol Rovers, I don't care, I think we could beat anyone in the league right now and more importantly I think the players think that too.

Archived