• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Advert:

12 hours ago, Osh said:

...Harratt would come on every single game for the last 30 and be told to go and rat at the opposition with Garrity and Proctor.  Go and cause as many problems as you can and express yourself.  Shoot at every opportunity.

UTV

KTF

I'm confident we'll at least be in the play-offs

Yes - absolutely! Make tiring defenders make mistakes...we might even get a penalty?

• Like 1

Sorry for being TOTALLY off topic but just can't HELP myself......

Would this be OUR Jordan Hugill who scored the winner v the somewhat HITE last night then!?....

Yes on loan from Norwich

2 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

Sorry for being TOTALLY off topic but just can't HELP myself......

Would this be OUR Jordan Hugill who scored the winner v the somewhat 💩HITE last night then!?....

🤔🤣🤣💖

Agents Harris and Ikpeazu were also in the Cardiff squad.

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Whether there's 330 or 850 you always got to respect those who go the away games .

It's not cheap football ain't I mean I'm sure we would like 2000 odd there sat but isn't going happen we only had 4276 the other other night home fans so for if one of 7 of ours goes this sat that's still a good away following .

I think they are brilliant 👏 hats off to all who are going I'm on nights or I would be tempted go but did that once drove to Sheffield utd there and back saw us lose 1-0 then was due in work at 22.00 hours to say I was knackered was a understatement 8 hrs on me feet all night giving it me all I decided that day never again too much and only going lead to one ending not a good one .

UTV 

As for sat I'd start with the team which ended the game v Mansfield bar Charsley I think I'd give the nod to Harratt alongside the imperious and most excellent team player Jamie Proctor 

Can we win who knows I certainly hope we can 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

We never travel well to Bradford. Its normally between 400 and 600 that we take there on a Saturday and 200 on a Tuesday night. The only time I can think of when we have taken over 1000 there is on the opening day of the season about 5 years ago. Anyway if we take 800 when we average 5000 at home then that's 14% rough guess of our home support going to that away game. Bradford get 16,000 at home and I know it was on sky and early kick off brought 886 so 5 or 6% of there support. They would have to bring 2200 something like that to bring 14% of there home support. 

Anyway enough about the away figures and attendances is mark Hughes going get abuse from vale fans for being at Stoke or will he be seen as abit of a legend as he started the Stoke relegation process from the prem which I think Paul Lambert finished off.

We haven't been great away from home lately so hopefully that will improve starting on Saturday. Presume hussey will be out so benning has to start as left wing back, gives him abit of a chance to show what he can do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

We never travel well to Bradford. Its normally between 400 and 600 that we take there on a Saturday and 200 on a Tuesday night. The only time I can think of when we have taken over 1000 there is on the opening day of the season about 5 years ago. Anyway if we take 800 when we average 5000 at home then that's 14% rough guess of our home support going to that away game. Bradford get 16,000 at home and I know it was on sky and early kick off brought 886 so 5 or 6% of there support. They would have to bring 2200 something like that to bring 14% of there home support. 

Anyway enough about the away figures and attendances is mark Hughes going get abuse from vale fans for being at Stoke or will he be seen as abit of a legend as he started the Stoke relegation process from the prem which I think Paul Lambert finished off.

We haven't been great away from home lately so hopefully that will improve starting on Saturday. Presume hussey will be out so benning has to start as left wing back, gives him abit of a chance to show what he can do.

We haven't being bad either away from home .

Did Rochdale deserve a draw err No it should have finished 2 -0 .

Did Colchester deserve win err No 0-0 would have being about right .

V Harrogate played them off the pitch majority of game Wilson hitting bar Edmondson having a goal chalked off for nothing etc .

Keep the faith we are good enough get wins away for sure .

As for how many fans go 

Irrelevant .

Better to have 800 to 900 passionate on your feet supporters than 2100 sell out with half never got a encouraging thing  say just sit there moaning and groaning instead of singing as loudly as possible and seeing what occurs 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

It’s a tricky one, you have to feel some sympathy for the guy that after all his best efforts he was robbed of the chance of seeing them come into fruition, soul destroying.  The fact that Lambert was blessed with that honour must really rankle.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Davo666 said:

The Stag's brought nearly 1000 to Vale Park on Tuesday night !!.....Just saying !!

To be fair, many of those would have bought tickets whilst they were on a winning run. We'd have taken at least as many if we'd been in their position in mid-March. 

As big as Saturday is at Bradford, even a win won't see us in the top 7 - if we were top 3 or needed a win to get into the top 3 then I'm sure we'd be looking at a 1000+ following. 

Just chucked a tenner on Vale to beat Bradford tomorrow with Ladbrokes.

Also, after listening to the Ale and The Vale pod this morning, i've also just chucked a fiver on Milwall to beat Stjoke, too.

Happy Days!