Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

21 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, hope you’ve enjoyed yourself today, we used to sing white Christmas, wasn’t that a Crosby song.? 

Do keep up.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

The ref had been letting six o'one and half o'dozen of the other challenges go all game so it was no surprise that he waived play on in the challenge between Proctor and Songo'o. Someone (ClintonBoulton ?)  made this point at half time and commented how refreshing it was to see a ref let the game go on and flow.

At the end of the day Proctor was more than a handful for Songo'o.

If Song’o hadn’t timed that excellent tackle on Wilson , we would have had our 1st penalty in a long time. It was a good  , physical game today. Refreshing to see. 

Posted (edited)

We flowed really well for most of the game,considering Martin and Hussey were injured you never would have known as walker and Benning were excellent in the main .

It was a great team performance Wilson Proctor and Garrity were all for me top notch .

Stone hasn't had a save make even the goal was a own goal think Smith was flat footed and it just hit him and deflected in seemed to affect the  right hand side more than any other that goal as the other sub for Bradford drove one into the side netting and A cook should really have equalised as Smith had left him free aswell with a header four yards out .

So lots of positives first 70 when we attacked and to be honest a few nagging not so good defensive efforts last 20 but we will take the  positives out the game and not talk about the negatives when we put everyone behind the ball how suspect we are .

So we have to attack as we did that really well and that 30 mins second half  till docile goal for them was in the main possibly play offs  guaranteed however the last 15 mins  performance would leave us short in my honest opinion .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

We flowed really well for most of the game,considering Martin and Hussey were injured you never would have known as walker and Benning were excellent in the main .
It was a great team performance Wilson Proctor and Garrity were all for me top notch .
Stone hasn't had a save make even the goal was a own goal think Smith was flat footed and it just hit him and deflected in seemed to affect the  right hand side more than any other that goal as the other sub for Bradford drove one into the side netting and A cook should really have equalised as Smith had left him free aswell with a header four yards out .
So lots of positives first 70 when we attacked and to be honest a few nagging not so good defensive efforts last 20 but we will take the  positives out the game and not talk about the negatives when we put everyone behind the ball how suspect we are .
So we have to attack as we did that really well and that 30 mins second half  till docile goal for them was in the main possibly play offs  guaranteed however the last 15 mins  performance would leave us short in my honest opinion .
UTV 
It was Walker who deflected it in mate, not Smith. Also very harsh to say Smith left Cook free for a header 4 yards out. They were virtually 'making love' and it was only because Cook forced himself into Smith and wrestled him to the ground. Certainly not a case of Smith leaving him with a header
  • Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Davo666 said:
22 hours ago, Conrad said:
Where’s Queeny.

I was wondering also !!

Miss old Queeny I do.......😅

As low as 6/4 ''For promotion'' Vale are this morning and just 9/4 for a top three finish....

MASSIVE season defining two home games ahead of course.......😍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I hope that latest bet comes off for you - be able to buy a nice drop of bubbly!!

I just LUMPED on the Vale @ 7/5 for Tuesday @ Bet Fred, as low as 11/10 elsewhere.....😉

• Like 1

Advert:

I can tell i'm excited about how this is all unfolding when i start dipping in to other teams forums for opposing views.

Anyway first time in a while i've seen other fans calling out some of our best bits. Lots of comments on bantam.net about vale being 'strong and organised', 'it was like we had an extra player' and lots of comments about wilson and proctor being 'very mobile'.

Love to see it but also fair play to bradford fans for not being bitter. If we go up i hope they do well next season.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

79 has been enough for the automatic slot in a couple of recent seasons, and 80 in another. Then it seems to have been around 84/85. 

That's my best estimate for this season. We do of course, have potentially 30 points up for grabs, but even our fantastic run over the last 13 matches has netted us a tad under 2 points per game, so it's going to take a brilliant effort to take us above 79 points.  However, the dream of automatic promotion is still on if other results go our way! Come on you Vale. 

• Like 1

Great win , solid, professional performance.

Still find it unbelievable how after games like that some expect 10 out of 10 from every player every week ! It’s not going to happen ! That’s what being a team is all about , all in it together.

Enjoy the win , enjoy another 3 points and move on to the next one .

UTV

• Like 1

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

That's my best estimate for this season. We do of course, have potentially 30 points up for grabs, but even our fantastic run over the last 13 matches has netted us a tad under 2 points per game, so it's going to take a brilliant effort to take us above 79 points.  However, the dream of automatic promotion is still on if other results go our way! Come on you Vale. 

There’s quite a few 6 pointers coming up though, and not just involving the vale, so the total points needed could be quite low, as long as we win most of our games.

• Like 2

Good thing is we still have plenty of teams around us to play so very much in our hands, especially as all of them bar one are at home.

Overall 14/15 points now should comfortably be enough to make the top 7… 5 wins from 10 is surely very doable.

Posted (edited)

That's what away days are about great team performance crowd superb and to see Conlon come on at the end on his crutches he was buzzing even how hard it must be for him at the mo, to me that shows the solidarity we have at the club.

Edited by Port Vale Paul
  • Like 5