onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

16 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I agree - but we weren't on the same form at the start of this recent run, and too many draws brought the 2 points per game target down. If we were now to go on a run of wins. like we did last season, 21 - 24 points would be very handy. And, of course, every time a team above us drops points it helps us! I'm quite enjoying this catching up from mid-table, rather than the nerve-wracking trying/hoping to hold onto a place!

Absolutely spot-on.  It's going to be a nerve-tingling, intriguing and exciting end to the season that's for sure!

On 20/03/2022 at 08:32, Conrad said:

There’s quite a few 6 pointers coming up though, and not just involving the vale, so the total points needed could be quite low, as long as we win most of our games.

Yep, that's why I said the automatic position dream is still a possiblility, if not necessarily a reality.  Let's keep that dream alive starting with a win tomorrow in another 6-pointer against Exeter--come on you Vale!

20 hours ago, philmpv said:
21 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:
Yep, Songo definitely instigating as the ball came in, then Proctor had a handful of Songo's shirt.  Hard to see if Proctor had an arm around Songo to pull him off balance before he fell.
image.png.d322a2b147ee0eb603e747dd05e4205a.png image.png.0c265b8890a78c59b184763aaaf2edac.pngimage.png.7b5b6ef6d770f152b4ea8d44ff0d0844.png
Also love that just after that Proctor was literally pushing Ben G to get up and support the attack.
image.png.6785099357203069024015b68864a814.png

That's the thing that boils my piss about refereeing standards these days. 99 refs out of a hundred, having ignored the initial assault on Proctor, would have then blown up against Proctor when he gave it back. That lack of consistency really irritates me. That, and fouls given for the GK when he gets anywhere near an outfield player (even his own, as we've seen a few times this season, most notably on Tuesday and against Sunderland in the cup)

I was really impressed (if not a bit surprised) by the ref on this one--Songo definitely started the shirt-pulling & wrestling and Proctor then finished it off in fine style.  Definitely six of one and half a dozen of the other--well done that ref.

Archived