onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

9 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Yep...bob on. Wilson's goal was a perfect example. How many refs would have pulled up Proctor and their centre half but would have then been guessing as to what had happened? Probably given a free kick to the defender? No, he said get on with it, it hasn't influenced the flight of the ball or the game, 6 of one etc....great decision and I was pleasantly surprised by it. 

He has been a referee for many years and I have always liked him. He never stops the game for 50:50's and just lets the players get on with it.

If a player feels a touch and collapses to the ground he is taking a risk if Mr Drysdale is in charge. They probably know that.

15 hours ago, rwhite said:

Some interesting games over the next few weeks for other teams in the mix…..

Colchester United v Forest Green Rovers, Mon Mar 21

Port Valr v Exeter City, Tue Mar 22

Bradford City v Newport County, Sat Mar 26
Carlisle United v Bristol Rovers, Sat Mar 26
Colchester United v Tranmere Rovers, Sat Mar 26
Exeter City v Stevenage, Sat Mar 26
Northampton Town v Hartlepool United, Sat Mar 

Bristol Rovers v Bradford City, Sat Apr 02
Forest Green Rovers v Scunthorpe United, Sat Apr 02
Mansfield Town v Northampton Town, Sat Apr 02
Newport County v Exeter City, Sat Apr 02
Rochdale v Swindon Town, Sat Apr 02
Tranmere Rovers v Carlisle United, Sat Apr 02

Forest Green Rovers v Mansfield Town  Tue Apr 05

Carlisle United v Exeter City, Sat Apr 09
Forest Green Rovers v Hartlepool United, Sat Apr 09
Northampton Town v Bradford City, Sat Apr 09
Swindon Town v Newport County, Sat Apr 09
Tranmere Rovers v Bristol Rovers, Sat Apr 09

Just looking at those fixtures I fancy all of Carlisle, Hartlepool and Bradford to act as spoiler in at least one game each. Bradford with Vernam in that team looked pretty decent to me so that will be a tough ask for the others and Carlisle have had a huge upturn in form under Simpson.

9 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Never more so, has promotion been in our own hands, 20 points from 30 must be the target imo 

Surely it was more in our own hands in 12/13 when we were actually in auto spots?  30 from 30 must be the target. 

Loads of Yarkshire men whining about the 'foul' in the build up to the second goal. In my opinion Songo'o starts off with a big handful of Proctor's shirt, then after the ball misses them both and runs right through, he throws himself to the ground theatrically to try and kid the ref because he knows they're in trouble.

It's impossible to look at the incident in isolation, you have to understand it in the context of the running battle between the two players going on all afternoon.

The pair of them were at it all afternoon and the ref will let some go, give some one way, give some the other, sometimes rightly and sometimes infuriatingly.

Songo'o is one of the most handsy players I've seen in League Two this season. If he concentrated more on playing the ball than the man then he could have prevented both goals. But if you choose to go down that road, some will go for you and some will go against and you can't moan too much when they do.

51 minutes ago, Santa said:

Loads of Yarkshire men whining about the 'foul' in the build up to the second goal. In my opinion Songo'o starts off with a big handful of Proctor's shirt, then after the ball misses them both and runs right through, he throws himself to the ground theatrically to try and kid the ref because he knows they're in trouble.

It's impossible to look at the incident in isolation, you have to understand it in the context of the running battle between the two players going on all afternoon.

The pair of them were at it all afternoon and the ref will let some go, give some one way, give some the other, sometimes rightly and sometimes infuriatingly.

Songo'o is one of the most handsy players I've seen in League Two this season. If he concentrated more on playing the ball than the man then he could have prevented both goals. But if you choose to go down that road, some will go for you and some will go against and you can't moan too much when they do.

Yep, Songo definitely instigating as the ball came in, then Proctor had a handful of Songo's shirt.  Hard to see if Proctor had an arm around Songo to pull him off balance before he fell.

image.png.d322a2b147ee0eb603e747dd05e4205a.png image.png.0c265b8890a78c59b184763aaaf2edac.pngimage.png.7b5b6ef6d770f152b4ea8d44ff0d0844.png

Also love that just after that Proctor was literally pushing Ben G to get up and support the attack.

image.png.6785099357203069024015b68864a814.png

Yep, Songo definitely instigating as the ball came in, then Proctor had a handful of Songo's shirt.  Hard to see if Proctor had an arm around Songo to pull him off balance before he fell.
image.png.d322a2b147ee0eb603e747dd05e4205a.png image.png.0c265b8890a78c59b184763aaaf2edac.pngimage.png.7b5b6ef6d770f152b4ea8d44ff0d0844.png
Also love that just after that Proctor was literally pushing Ben G to get up and support the attack.
image.png.6785099357203069024015b68864a814.png

That's the thing that boils my piss about refereeing standards these days. 99 refs out of a hundred, having ignored the initial assault on Proctor, would have then blown up against Proctor when he gave it back. That lack of consistency really irritates me. That, and fouls given for the GK when he gets anywhere near an outfield player (even his own, as we've seen a few times this season, most notably on Tuesday and against Sunderland in the cup)

11 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

That's my best estimate for this season. We do of course, have potentially 30 points up for grabs, but even our fantastic run over the last 13 matches has netted us a tad under 2 points per game, so it's going to take a brilliant effort to take us above 79 points.  However, the dream of automatic promotion is still on if other results go our way! Come on you Vale. 

I agree - but we weren't on the same form at the start of this recent run, and too many draws brought the 2 points per game target down. If we were now to go on a run of wins. like we did last season, 21 - 24 points would be very handy. And, of course, every time a team above us drops points it helps us! I'm quite enjoying this catching up from mid-table, rather than the nerve-wracking trying/hoping to hold onto a place!

11 hours ago, philmpv said:

Surely Ben Garrity has to win player of the season. Probably our most (on paper and in light of the Oldham fans thoughts of him) underwhelming signing of the summer. Guy is an absolute midfield goal machine. Note to Michael Brown and Neil Aspin - this is what happens when you don't rely on a midfield duo of Danny Pugh and Michael Tonge emoji38.png

I agree Garrity is a huge shout for Player of the season - but that pairing of Wilson and Proctor has just about everything - they won't score a shedload of goals, but they create for the team, as we've seen with BG! They're skillful (especially Willo)  and strong (especially Procs) and have a sharp eye for a pass. Best partnership I've seen since Nippy and Tin!

Morning all.

Sadly, didn't get to see the match at the weekend; anyone know if there is anywhere where the whole match is available as a download or to stream as a catch up type thing...??

Would love to watch the whole match if I could.

Ta

The Crawley game, I was sat chatting to the person next to me and I said that I wondered if Garrity needed to be dropped. I now realise that his form dipped because he had to drop deeper in the 3-4-3 and creative passing from deep is not his game.

In the 3-5-2 he gets to play much further forward and his running power and fitness has to be the best in the division. He is often ahead of the strikers, which is why he's picked up so many goals.

I also realise that to be a very good player, you don't necessarily need the technical ability of a Conlon or the skill of a Willo. If you have the power, fitness and running brain of a Garrity you're actually a better footballer than those with more ability. What a player he has turned out to be and such enthusiasm.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, Osh said:

Morning all.

Sadly, didn't get to see the match at the weekend; anyone know if there is anywhere where the whole match is available as a download or to stream as a catch up type thing...??

Would love to watch the whole match if I could.

Ta

It's available on the club website on I follow.

Archived