onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

79 has been enough for the automatic slot in a couple of recent seasons, and 80 in another. Then it seems to have been around 84/85. 

That's my best estimate for this season. We do of course, have potentially 30 points up for grabs, but even our fantastic run over the last 13 matches has netted us a tad under 2 points per game, so it's going to take a brilliant effort to take us above 79 points.  However, the dream of automatic promotion is still on if other results go our way! Come on you Vale. 

Advert

Great win , solid, professional performance.

Still find it unbelievable how after games like that some expect 10 out of 10 from every player every week ! It’s not going to happen ! That’s what being a team is all about , all in it together.

Enjoy the win , enjoy another 3 points and move on to the next one .

UTV

18 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

That's my best estimate for this season. We do of course, have potentially 30 points up for grabs, but even our fantastic run over the last 13 matches has netted us a tad under 2 points per game, so it's going to take a brilliant effort to take us above 79 points.  However, the dream of automatic promotion is still on if other results go our way! Come on you Vale. 

There’s quite a few 6 pointers coming up though, and not just involving the vale, so the total points needed could be quite low, as long as we win most of our games.

Good thing is we still have plenty of teams around us to play so very much in our hands, especially as all of them bar one are at home.

Overall 14/15 points now should comfortably be enough to make the top 7… 5 wins from 10 is surely very doable.

Surely Ben Garrity has to win player of the season. Probably our most (on paper and in light of the Oldham fans thoughts of him) underwhelming signing of the summer. Guy is an absolute midfield goal machine. Note to Michael Brown and Neil Aspin - this is what happens when you don't rely on a midfield duo of Danny Pugh and Michael Tonge

Charsley and Benning stood out.
Early second half was good quality, and the game was won in that period.
A few concerns for me.
The habit of picking up bookings from break aways.
The poor ball retention in the last 20 minutes made it far more uncomfortable than I would have liked.
Having said that, the goal conceded was fortuitous, and Bradford created very few openings.
An excellent, and much needed win that has finally brought us in striking distance of the promotion pack.
Massive game, again, on Tuesday!

Charsley and Benning stood out.
Early second half was good quality, and the game was won in that period.
A few concerns for me.
The habit of picking up bookings from break aways.
The poor ball retention in the last 20 minutes made it far more uncomfortable than I would have liked.
Having said that, the goal conceded was fortuitous, and Bradford created very few openings.
An excellent, and much needed win that has finally brought us in striking distance of the promotion pack.
Massive game, again, on Tuesday!

I agree with most of that , however I thought the bookings were ‘good fouls’ to stop Bradford breaking dangerously. We did it against Mansfield to good effect as well .

We wanted the team to be more attacking and throw players forward , we are doing that for sure . The above is collateral for that style of play . We can’t have it every way unfortunately

Don't say this too often but I thought the ref was excellent yesterday. Gave out cards only when deserved, let the game flow as much as he could and didn't blow up for every little bit of contact. Nice to see the '6 of 1 half a dozen of the other' grapples and challenges being viewed as just that

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Don't say this too often but I thought the ref was excellent yesterday. Gave out cards only when deserved, let the game flow as much as he could and didn't blow up for every little bit of contact. Nice to see the '6 of 1 half a dozen of the other' grapples and challenges being viewed as just that

Yes I thought so as well he deserves a mention nice to Hughes moaning about him as well some things never change 

Brilliant result for Vale.

Benning had his best game in a vale shirt.
Wilson is a joke at this level.
Proctor is so good and gives us that physical presence that we need up top and allows us to get up and beyond the strikers, which is where the likes of Garity come in to their own.

Defensively very good too. They scored from their first shot and it was deflected.

On to Tuesday.

What a run in its going to be.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Yep...bob on. Wilson's goal was a perfect example. How many refs would have pulled up Proctor and their centre half but would have then been guessing as to what had happened? Probably given a free kick to the defender? No, he said get on with it, it hasn't influenced the flight of the ball or the game, 6 of one etc....great decision and I was pleasantly surprised by it. 

Archived