onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

The ref had been letting six o'one and half o'dozen of the other challenges go all game so it was no surprise that he waived play on in the challenge between Proctor and Songo'o. Someone (ClintonBoulton ?)  made this point at half time and commented how refreshing it was to see a ref let the game go on and flow.

At the end of the day Proctor was more than a handful for Songo'o.

Advert

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Very enjoyable mate. Nervy last few minutes but good performance. 

He deserves a lot of credit after the safe predictable stuff we were playing,  Crosby has taken the shackles off and we look a side once again.  

Yes, I agree with everything you’ve said, pity the shackles weren’t taken off earlier. We put to much emphasis on our opponents. Injuries and Covid didn’t help but had we of just gone at teams we’d have been in a better position, than leaving it until now where every game has been and is going to be a cup final. I’m just praying that PVFC break with their tradition of playing really well, then a decent crowd turn up to support them and it all goes pear shaped. It’ll be brilliant this time next week if we have another six points on the table. We’ll probably start seeing the odd team dropping out of the promotion/play off contention.

There's a few games to come where we the owe the opposition a drubbing after what happened in the reverse fixture.

Sutton. Oldham. To a lesser degree Smalsall and Salford. A confident Wilson and a boisterous, ratty Proctor is exactly the sort of forward line you'd want at L2 level when there are games coming with a bit of an edge to them, wrongs to right. 

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

The ref had been letting six o'one and half o'dozen of the other challenges go all game so it was no surprise that he waived play on in the challenge between Proctor and Songo'o. Someone (ClintonBoulton ?)  made this point at half time and commented how refreshing it was to see a ref let the game go on and flow.

At the end of the day Proctor was more than a handful for Songo'o.

If Song’o hadn’t timed that excellent tackle on Wilson , we would have had our 1st penalty in a long time. It was a good  , physical game today. Refreshing to see. 

We flowed really well for most of the game,considering Martin and Hussey were injured you never would have known as walker and Benning were excellent in the main .

It was a great team performance Wilson Proctor and Garrity were all for me top notch .

Stone hasn't had a save make even the goal was a own goal think Smith was flat footed and it just hit him and deflected in seemed to affect the  right hand side more than any other that goal as the other sub for Bradford drove one into the side netting and A cook should really have equalised as Smith had left him free aswell with a header four yards out .

So lots of positives first 70 when we attacked and to be honest a few nagging not so good defensive efforts last 20 but we will take the  positives out the game and not talk about the negatives when we put everyone behind the ball how suspect we are .

So we have to attack as we did that really well and that 30 mins second half  till docile goal for them was in the main possibly play offs  guaranteed however the last 15 mins  performance would leave us short in my honest opinion .

UTV 

We flowed really well for most of the game,considering Martin and Hussey were injured you never would have known as walker and Benning were excellent in the main .
It was a great team performance Wilson Proctor and Garrity were all for me top notch .
Stone hasn't had a save make even the goal was a own goal think Smith was flat footed and it just hit him and deflected in seemed to affect the  right hand side more than any other that goal as the other sub for Bradford drove one into the side netting and A cook should really have equalised as Smith had left him free aswell with a header four yards out .
So lots of positives first 70 when we attacked and to be honest a few nagging not so good defensive efforts last 20 but we will take the  positives out the game and not talk about the negatives when we put everyone behind the ball how suspect we are .
So we have to attack as we did that really well and that 30 mins second half  till docile goal for them was in the main possibly play offs  guaranteed however the last 15 mins  performance would leave us short in my honest opinion .
UTV 
It was Walker who deflected it in mate, not Smith. Also very harsh to say Smith left Cook free for a header 4 yards out. They were virtually 'making love' and it was only because Cook forced himself into Smith and wrestled him to the ground. Certainly not a case of Smith leaving him with a header

4 minutes ago, Davo666 said:
22 hours ago, Conrad said:
Where’s Queeny.

I was wondering also !!

Miss old Queeny I do.......😅

As low as 6/4 ''For promotion'' Vale are this morning and just 9/4 for a top three finish....

MASSIVE season defining two home games ahead of course.......😍

I can tell i'm excited about how this is all unfolding when i start dipping in to other teams forums for opposing views.

Anyway first time in a while i've seen other fans calling out some of our best bits. Lots of comments on bantam.net about vale being 'strong and organised', 'it was like we had an extra player' and lots of comments about wilson and proctor being 'very mobile'.

Love to see it but also fair play to bradford fans for not being bitter. If we go up i hope they do well next season.

Archived