onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Some interesting games over the next few weeks for other teams in the mix…..

Colchester United v Forest Green Rovers, Mon Mar 21

Port Valr v Exeter City, Tue Mar 22

Bradford City v Newport County, Sat Mar 26
Carlisle United v Bristol Rovers, Sat Mar 26
Colchester United v Tranmere Rovers, Sat Mar 26
Exeter City v Stevenage, Sat Mar 26
Northampton Town v Hartlepool United, Sat Mar 

Bristol Rovers v Bradford City, Sat Apr 02
Forest Green Rovers v Scunthorpe United, Sat Apr 02
Mansfield Town v Northampton Town, Sat Apr 02
Newport County v Exeter City, Sat Apr 02
Rochdale v Swindon Town, Sat Apr 02
Tranmere Rovers v Carlisle United, Sat Apr 02

Forest Green Rovers v Mansfield Town  Tue Apr 05

Carlisle United v Exeter City, Sat Apr 09
Forest Green Rovers v Hartlepool United, Sat Apr 09
Northampton Town v Bradford City, Sat Apr 09
Swindon Town v Newport County, Sat Apr 09
Tranmere Rovers v Bristol Rovers, Sat Apr 09

32 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The Vale fans were very noisy throughout giving incredible support to the team.  Once again, however, they demonstrated the need for safe standing!

Very true half of em standing upsetting half who were sitting but the vocal support was very noisy and how did they get that flare in the ground we had a full body search at the turnstiles 

2 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Very true half of em standing upsetting half who were sitting but the vocal support was very noisy and how did they get that flare in the ground we had a full body search at the turnstiles 

It’s easy if you want to smuggle one in, they never look under a hat or have a feel round the nether regions.

For me the difference between autos and missing out completely are Wilson and Proctor. We can cope without Gibbo, Conlon, Martin, Hussey etc. and patch something together, but without either of them we look completely different. I know the formation and personnel change came in tandem but keeping them fit is the difference. Heart in mouths every time they’re tackled, every time the team sheet is about to be announced. The other strikers are great to bring on after an hour of graft by Willo and Proc, but starting them leaves us light up front and no other options later on.

To summarise: keep the best strikers fit and grab a good seat to watch our promotion.

3 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Or better still after a quick review on Wiki / comment from former club forums - after all they were spot on about Garrity.  We were even conned into paying a fee as well!

If / when Garrity leaves us, I'm pretty sure we will get at least our money back!! Goal-scoring midfielders are not cheap! What a signing!!

Momentum is a funny thing isn’t it? 

Some of the shameless 180’s from a couple of weeks ago when the panic button was not only being pressed but stamped on. 

i expected nothing from Crosby, not because I didn’t think he was good enough but his lack of management experience was a factor but mainly because he wasn’t brought in to manage the squad. I think he’s passing that test. 

When it was announced Clarke was on leave I resigned myself to the feeling that making the playoffs was pretty much over for the season. A couple of performances confirmed that. I wasn’t angry, I understood that it was a lot to ask but the last 3 performances have been our best and all for different reasons. The game management side has made a huge difference and there’s a feeling bubbling away, not just in my mind, or even other fan’s minds but the players too, that we don’t care who we play, we think we are going to win. We’ve gone from struggling to score more than one goal in a game to scoring 9 in 3. 

Tuesday is going to be huge. As every game arrives it becomes the biggest game of the season. 

I think we need to all try and bring an extra person to the game. I know finances are hard at the moment and mid week games are harder to attend but a huge game, under the lights. Exeter won’t bring many, and I think the team have done enough to deserve a bigger than usual crowd for a Tuesday. 

I’m resisting from getting too carried away but with key players missing and we can still put 9 points on the board over 7 days, it makes you wonder what this team can do between now and the end of the season. 

We are massive. 

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

The Exeter game is massive now,win that one and we are in the play offs and a point off third 😮 

After we lost to Colchester i decided to have £60 on Vale finishing in the top 3 at 7/1 thats as well as the EW bets i had at the start of the season....we have to believe until things are impossible....lets ALL keep backing the team and get them over the line...KTF me owd fruits

Onwards and Upwards

I hope that latest bet comes off for you - be able to buy a nice drop of bubbly!!

Archived