onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

We never travel well to Bradford. Its normally between 400 and 600 that we take there on a Saturday and 200 on a Tuesday night. The only time I can think of when we have taken over 1000 there is on the opening day of the season about 5 years ago. Anyway if we take 800 when we average 5000 at home then that's 14% rough guess of our home support going to that away game. Bradford get 16,000 at home and I know it was on sky and early kick off brought 886 so 5 or 6% of there support. They would have to bring 2200 something like that to bring 14% of there home support. 

Anyway enough about the away figures and attendances is mark Hughes going get abuse from vale fans for being at Stoke or will he be seen as abit of a legend as he started the Stoke relegation process from the prem which I think Paul Lambert finished off.

We haven't been great away from home lately so hopefully that will improve starting on Saturday. Presume hussey will be out so benning has to start as left wing back, gives him abit of a chance to show what he can do.

Advert

14 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

We never travel well to Bradford. Its normally between 400 and 600 that we take there on a Saturday and 200 on a Tuesday night. The only time I can think of when we have taken over 1000 there is on the opening day of the season about 5 years ago. Anyway if we take 800 when we average 5000 at home then that's 14% rough guess of our home support going to that away game. Bradford get 16,000 at home and I know it was on sky and early kick off brought 886 so 5 or 6% of there support. They would have to bring 2200 something like that to bring 14% of there home support. 

Anyway enough about the away figures and attendances is mark Hughes going get abuse from vale fans for being at Stoke or will he be seen as abit of a legend as he started the Stoke relegation process from the prem which I think Paul Lambert finished off.

We haven't been great away from home lately so hopefully that will improve starting on Saturday. Presume hussey will be out so benning has to start as left wing back, gives him abit of a chance to show what he can do.

We haven't being bad either away from home .

Did Rochdale deserve a draw err No it should have finished 2 -0 .

Did Colchester deserve win err No 0-0 would have being about right .

V Harrogate played them off the pitch majority of game Wilson hitting bar Edmondson having a goal chalked off for nothing etc .

Keep the faith we are good enough get wins away for sure .

As for how many fans go 

Irrelevant .

Better to have 800 to 900 passionate on your feet supporters than 2100 sell out with half never got a encouraging thing  say just sit there moaning and groaning instead of singing as loudly as possible and seeing what occurs 

UTV 

6 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

It’s a tricky one, you have to feel some sympathy for the guy that after all his best efforts he was robbed of the chance of seeing them come into fruition, soul destroying.  The fact that Lambert was blessed with that honour must really rankle.

5 hours ago, Davo666 said:

The Stag's brought nearly 1000 to Vale Park on Tuesday night !!.....Just saying !!

To be fair, many of those would have bought tickets whilst they were on a winning run. We'd have taken at least as many if we'd been in their position in mid-March. 

As big as Saturday is at Bradford, even a win won't see us in the top 7 - if we were top 3 or needed a win to get into the top 3 then I'm sure we'd be looking at a 1000+ following. 

Just chucked a tenner on Vale to beat Bradford tomorrow with Ladbrokes.

Also, after listening to the Ale and The Vale pod this morning, i've also just chucked a fiver on Milwall to beat Stjoke, too.

Happy Days!

No update on tickets sold hope Vale didn't take the first whole allocation has they will be out of pocket .

They usually take in batches which makes sense .

Regardless hope the ones who are going have a quality day .

We will win 0-2 Proctor and Wilson with goals .

There's goals in every area of our side ,then will stand us in good stead for run in .

Play to win Vale 

UTV 

Think the team sheet is pretty obvious to everyone - play it again unless pending Hussey's injury.

I would be satisfied with a point tomorrow regardless of results elsewhere providing we to win the match rather than not to loose. Bradford is always a tough place to visit even more so now they will be fired up after back to back away wins.

Still feel we need 8 more wins to guarantee a playoff spot, so that's 5 home wins and we need to find 3 away wins from Bradford,Barrow,Salford,Hartlepool Walsall or Exeter. 

It's going to be tough.

Evening all, looking forward to a good competitive game tomorrow. Our season is totally finished for this season but enabling Hughes to have a good look at the drivel Derek Adams assembled ahead of next season. One of the few positives is i think 13 are out of contract end of season plus 6 loans to send back so a good time for him to assemble his own squad, anyhow back to the game I recon a tight 1-0 in our favour Cooke with the goal. For those travelling up have a safe journey and enjoy the day out but hopefully not too much 😀

1 hour ago, Wyke-9 said:

...Our season is totally finished for this season but enabling Hughes to have a good look at the drivel Derek Adams assembled ahead of next season. One of the few positives is i think 13 are out of contract end of season plus 6 loans to send back...

Saint Sir Derek Adams??? Assembling drivel??? Surely not?

Newport lost tonight, they are now only 6 points ahead and Vale have 3 games in hand - and they’re in 3rd! Come on Vale, we’re on the up and we’re catching the teams that are only ahead due to playing more. Finally getting back to where we belong.

Protect Proc and nobody can stop us.

Archived