Andy Crosby

robf

36 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I don’t think it is unfair. Negative performances deserve criticism. 

But this isn't about performances :doh:

This is purely about the character of the man, his professionalism and willingness to take on extra work in immensely difficult circumstances. 

None of those things are to do with performances and yet you've skewed this thread into talking about performance when there are match threads to do exactly that.

This isn't that thread.

By all means, the ability of the man to do the job are and should be debated in the match threads but this is about character NOT ability...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading up on Andy Crosby's career.

Has vast experience and success as assistant to Nigel Adkins.

How the hell did we get him?

He has such a calm, respectful and measured manner.

It's really no surprise that he's handling things so well.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SFBT said:

He has such a calm, respectful and measured manner.

It's really no surprise that he's handling things so well.

Just stumbled across a video on youtube of some young lad who runs a matchday vlog sort of thing interviewing AC after the game. Came across extremely well.

It would have been more than understandable for the season to fall apart after losing DC to a tragedy. Also, to a 10,000x times lesser extent obviously, with the mental injury record and then the enforced COVID break.

For it to be Andy Crosby as our 2IC taking over - absolutely phenomenal recruitment Vale.

Going up this season would be incredibly special given the circumstances.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Advert:

Huge credit most go to Crosby for the last month. He really should get the manager of the month accolade. I thought we looked rudderless after DC went on compassionate leave, it rather felt like Crosby was just keeping us ticking along for a few games  going through the motions and we were crying out for a leader, but something changed

His interviews sound different, our play is different, our mentality and approach to games is different.We look like we have a really strong unity amongst the management and whole squad. You could see that at the end of yesterdays game. I believe it’s down to leadership he is now showing rather than being a caretaker.

I really can’t praise him enough in the turnaround we have witnessed during the past month.

With 3 home games and 5 away left to play the mental side is going to play a massive part in success or failure and Crosby has demonstrated he’s definitely up to the task.

We need a song for Crosby.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Just stumbled across a video on youtube of some young lad who runs a matchday vlog sort of thing interviewing AC after the game. Came across extremely well.

It would have been more than understandable for the season to fall apart after losing DC to a tragedy. Also, to a 10,000x times lesser extent obviously, with the mental injury record and then the enforced COVID break.

For it to be Andy Crosby as our 2IC taking over - absolutely phenomenal recruitment Vale.

Going up this season would be incredibly special given the circumstances.

Brilliant video!! Love the interviewers enthusiasm and he’s a very impressive young man!

• Like 2

On 16/03/2022 at 10:08, TJHValiant said:

Very few fans at the time were singing his praises then and it is incredible to see such a swing in views after two wins. 

I think you're wrong. Most fans seemed to be of the opinion...as we are now...that he'd just stepped up to take on a role he didn't necessarily want, in the most traumatic of times, and should be given time to adjust. That game wasn't wholly his fault - so many players were not on their game either. 

• Like 1

I think you're wrong. Most fans seemed to be of the opinion...as we are now...that he'd just stepped up to take on a role he didn't necessarily want, in the most traumatic of times, and should be given time to adjust. That game wasn't wholly his fault - so many players were not on their game either. 
Spot on. This forum is absolutely not representative of the fan base at large. A very small minority of Vale fans post regularly on this forum. An even smaller minority post irregularly. The smallest (but loudest) minority post only negative opinions generally only after a defeat or goal conceded. Yet, for some unknown reason, those with largely negative posts seem to think that the majority of fans agree with them.
  • Like 3

On 13/03/2022 at 10:42, robf said:

I just thought after this win, it was worth a thread in praise of Andy Crosby.

He's stepped up in incredibly difficult circumstances, had to take on extra things like the media press conferences and (as yesterday showed) been prepared to make some key decisions on the pitch (Aidan Stone, for example). It can't have been easy to take on all that extra workload and to get the squad focused away from events away from the pitch and purely on training and matchdays.

He's conducted himself throughout with great dignity and I think he deserves a lot of praise for stepping up to the interim role.

I couldn't agree more Rob. Everything about the job and the man has been exemplary in very difficult circumstances. And I for one, certainly second your vote of thanks to Andy. 

• Like 1

Advert:

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

I couldn't agree more Rob. Everything about the job and the man has been exemplary in very difficult circumstances. And I for one, certainly second your vote of thanks to Andy. 

I would also like to offer a sincere vote of thanks to Andy Crosby. To manage in such difficult circumstances is testament to the gentlemans ability, desire, passion and aptitude. I have been impressed with everything he has done, right down to substitutions and the timing of them. Well done sir.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Adam Murray left Vale for Besiktas in Turkey as assistant to Ishmael who he was with at WBA and Barnsley.

I thought that I couldn't see him in or around the dugout yesterday, whereas he was obviously present (visible by his slaphead!) in other very recent home games.

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

Posted (edited)

Goes without saying Andy Crosby has done a tremendous job long may it continue .

This site like all the other forums on Facebook do not give the views of the majority of the fanbase. 

There's 7.4 members on Wonder of Port Vale no way are they all Vale fans and if we lose the site is awash with negativity and if win   there's like 120 likes out of 7.4 fans so it's obvious folk are on there be nosy and they certainly are not Vale fans just folk pretending to be fans of the club so I wouldn't take much notice of what is posted on those sites .

This site I take notice of the ones who go every game (there the only ones who really know if Vale are to achieve anything this season ),not a bloke who's being one home game since say the rudge years and is still angry he was relieved of his duties .

Anyway back on topic Crosby has brought every member of that squad together through a very difficult time I'd love it if he and every member of the squad were rewarded with top 3 at the end of 46 games ,the final league table will not lie .

Can we do it who knows .

Will we do it we will all have to wait and see .

Selling Lorne Street out sat delighted me as much as the win .

It's shows how great a job Carol and Kevin and staff are doing off the pitch the challenge now is too keep the folk coming and that takes a monumental effort week in week out to keep there interest (the ones who irregular attendees)to want to be there .

AC is a massive part of that but I'd love see DC back and we finish the job with him back on the sidelines with attendances going through the roof home and away 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

It also must be very difficult under the circumstances to vary the Gaffers team selection and tactics. Could be perceived as being disloyal or disrespectful. Thought Crosby has handled the situation well.
  • Like 2

On 13/03/2022 at 10:42, robf said:

I just thought after this win, it was worth a thread in praise of Andy Crosby.

He's stepped up in incredibly difficult circumstances, had to take on extra things like the media press conferences and (as yesterday showed) been prepared to make some key decisions on the pitch (Aidan Stone, for example). It can't have been easy to take on all that extra workload and to get the squad focused away from events away from the pitch and purely on training and matchdays.

He's conducted himself throughout with great dignity and I think he deserves a lot of praise for stepping up to the interim role.

Spot on. He's composed in interviews and clearly cares about the job although he never refers to this.

The one thing he always says is how together and committed the players are. That showed in spades at the group huddle at the end of the game against Sutton.

Long may it continue.

On to the next one

• Like 1