onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andy Crosby

robf

Yes and I was one of them. We were dreadful! Saturday was good but we need to keep it going. 
Intrigued as to what you do for a living, where it's apparently normal and reasonable to be sacked after 1 poor day at the office. Just so I can avoid it

Advert

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Yes and I was one of them. We were dreadful! Saturday was good but we need to keep it going. 

Fair play for you for your admission but I have to say your suggestion shows a complete lack of any empathy given the situation in which AC took on the role.

13 hours ago, philmpv said:
16 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Intrigued as to what you do for a living, where it's apparently normal and reasonable to be sacked after 1 poor day at the office. Just so I can avoid it

Hitman. Miss once and it becomes very awkward from there.

12 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

TJH, we’ll done for being honest

I refuse to believe anyone who travelled all the way to Colchester last week and saw the depressing rubbish on display would be feeling charitable towards him after that. 

It was an incredible turnaround, but the fans like me who spent over £100 on that “day out” have a genuine right to feel annoyed. 

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

I refuse to believe anyone who travelled all the way to Colchester last week and saw the depressing rubbish on display would be feeling charitable towards him after that. 

It was an incredible turnaround, but the fans like me who spent over £100 on that “day out” have a genuine right to feel annoyed. 

I'm confused... so because of this you wanted him to get sacked.. as in lose his Job?

On 13/03/2022 at 11:42, robf said:

I just thought after this win, it was worth a thread in praise of Andy Crosby.

He's stepped up in incredibly difficult circumstances, had to take on extra things like the media press conferences and (as yesterday showed) been prepared to make some key decisions on the pitch (Aidan Stone, for example). It can't have been easy to take on all that extra workload and to get the squad focused away from events away from the pitch and purely on training and matchdays.

He's conducted himself throughout with great dignity and I think he deserves a lot of praise for stepping up to the interim role.

I agree to an extent. I think he was waaaaaaay to stubborn about changing the tactics and personel, when it clearly wasn't working for a LONG time!
Playing-wise, we were getting worse and worse and worse, because he kept insisting on playing the system, not the players. Then on Saturday, he finally came to his senses, and played square pegs in square wholes, and after a poor sloppy start, we looked much much better. Who would have thought... 

And if we revert back to the system not working tonight, like we did after Carlisle, I honestly think he has lost his senses!

Its not the fact that we are playing the square pegs in the square pegs that is bringing winning results,it is more to do with the fact that we are playing with the rinde oles in the rinde oles.Full credit to Andy Crosby/staff and the players,3-5-2 is the prefered formation that signings we're brought in to fit.UTV

I am pleased for Crosby and I wonder if we should show him support at games with the odd chant of "Crosby, Crosby give us a wave" It must be strange being in the dugout and hearing the crowd singing someone elses name, although I understand that fans want to show support for DC at this difficult time for him.

54 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am pleased for Crosby and I wonder if we should show him support at games with the odd chant of "Crosby, Crosby give us a wave" It must be strange being in the dugout and hearing the crowd singing someone elses name, although I understand that fans want to show support for DC at this difficult time for him.

Very good point.

I noticed him trying to gee up the Lorne street last night in the second half  as well. 

22 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I'm confused... so because of this you wanted him to get sacked.. as in lose his Job?

On the Saturday, after Colchester, I was fuming. As was everyone else. It was truly awful. Many others felt the same. 

I’m not saying it was a rational or sensible view, but certainly after that game I failed to see the improvement seen in the last two coming. 

Very few fans at the time were singing his praises then and it is incredible to see such a swing in views after two wins. 

Archived